Author Topic: What do you think of Smash 4?  (Read 13750 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of Smash 4?
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2015, 20:45 »
^You do know that you can send videos directly to registered friends. So if we are, send me a few.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2015, 09:44 »
Was playing this with Richard earlier and we discovered Yoshi's Heavy Egg Roll is completely insanely OP (as in generally, I'm lucky to get rid of 1 stock on his Greninja with Yoshi, add Heavy Egg Roll and I can slaughter him xD It's got like Super Armour, insane damage and Knockback and it's hard to break)
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2015, 00:36 »
^If you wanna send me some videos, that would be great.

Don't remind me about Rich, the only time I faced him, it was cold blooded murder, and sharp water throwing stars and swords flew around in a blur. I got a couple counters and a dash attack, that's all I could pin on him, for a grand total of 40% damage. Since then, i've been obsessed with learning effective throwing (he used a lot of throws), but Lucina's throws aren't exactly great. xD

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2015, 15:14 »
^If you wanna send me some videos, that would be great.

Don't remind me about Rich, the only time I faced him, it was cold blooded murder, and sharp water throwing stars and swords flew around in a blur. I got a couple counters and a dash attack, that's all I could pin on him, for a grand total of 40% damage. Since then, i've been obsessed with learning effective throwing (he used a lot of throws), but Lucina's throws aren't exactly great. xD
Pick up the Crescent Slash Custom Up-B. It true combos from Forward throw up to around 70% and kills if your near enough the stage. It'll take a bit of time to adjust to it, since the recovery angle is dffierent, but it gives you some decent throw follow-up.

Otherwise, Down-thrown true comboes into U-air up to about 15%. Past that you can start setting up landing traps. As your opponent is about to touch the ground, short hop into U-air them then fast fall into the ground. Your opponent responds in one of two ways:
They air dodge into the ground and have landing lag. You should have enough time to grab/dancing blade/f-tilt/u-tilt/d-tilt whatever and get them back in the air. Rinse and repeat.
They get hit. Rinse and repeat.
Obviously, if you get hit by a falling aerial then this doesn't work so you need to be keen with your spacing etc. etc. but that's something you can do from throws.

Also your U-throw kills at about 150-170% depending on rage so there you go.

Lucy's Dash attack sucks.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2015, 22:12 »
Thanks for that, but i'm on Marth now. ^^;

Also, I got Mewtwo, and his forward throw is op. Without doing any extra damage with it (a grab and straight throw), it does 22 damage. Also, the smash attacks aren't half bad imo. Plus the final smash is pretty good too, but when I tested it, for some reason it does better when you have multiple opponents caught.

Edit: Up throw does 32. We're all doomed
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 22:40 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2015, 02:26 »
Thanks for that, but i'm on Marth now. ^^;

Also, I got Mewtwo, and his forward throw is op. Without doing any extra damage with it (a grab and straight throw), it does 22 damage. Also, the smash attacks aren't half bad imo. Plus the final smash is pretty good too, but when I tested it, for some reason it does better when you have multiple opponents caught.

Edit: Up throw does 32. We're all doomed
Everything I said applies to Marth as well. Forward throw can be DI'd to avoid a lot of the damage it seems. Smash attacks are nice enough, up-smash is definitely super cool. Up throw is disgusting, kills fresh at like 140% or something.

But he's always really light and feels weird in the air. I don't think I'll be taking much more time to learn him properly.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2015, 02:31 »
Thanks for the help. What do you people think about pokemon #150 joining the fight?

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 19:45 »
Thanks for the help. What do you people think about pokemon #150 joining the fight?
He's got potential but he doesn't really suit me. u-air and b-air have a very nice range to them but it feels like they dont have much knock back, and on the flipside f-air feels very narrow even though it's deadly when it lands. Very cool fighter though, lots of fun seeing combos thrown around with his specials.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2015, 00:03 »
The final smash is was too good, and the up throw is about as good as the Ness back throw, op as hell.

Anywho, I'm training up to regain my good standing online with Marth, and i'm getting more sword tip hits than I used to.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2015, 11:37 »
Mewtwo's up smash is fantastic too, just a little awkward to use because he's so tall haha xD combination of side-b, charged shadow ball and up smash can usually kill people from really low percentages
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2015, 21:11 »
Also, if that doesn't work, Disable + Smash should finish it, or just up throw. Mewtwo's up throw really is good.  :laugh:

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2015, 10:42 »
Got smash for Wii u a few weeks back, didn't get an adapter for the gc controller at first but I hated the game pad so I caved haha.
Really enjoying it though! still like all my old favs like Pikachu, Toon link and Kirby but have liked Duck hunt, ZSS and villager. Not tried any online matches yet, not really that good lol. Had a quick play of most of the new characters, still haven't really tried Palutena, Robin or Shulk yet.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2015, 01:40 »
The only things I don't like about mewtwo are the lag on the smash attacks (miss with one of those and you're left open, wide open), the floatyness (easily KO'ed), and there's no customs.

What i'm wondering is why did they choose this guy to voice Falco? He's terrible compared to the guy who voiced him in Brawl.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:52 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2015, 03:51 »
It's been a while since anyone's posted here, but I have a story.

So, my friend was over yesterday and we decided to play Smash for a while, but we both kinda suck at it, so we set up a match where it was just us and no computer players and just practiced. It was mostly just us experimenting with attacks and apologizing when we accidently hit each other. She described it as the most canadian match possible. We did this with a few different characters, but then, we noticed that Dark Pit blushes when grabbed, and things just went downhill from there. Long story short, she now ships Dark Pit and Shulk.

Also, turns out this game is great for getting reference pictures for poses. Not sure why we didn't think of that before. I'll import all the pictures and videos and post any interesting ones to show you guys. Eventually. (You can import pictures and videos via sd card, right?)

Yeah, we pretty much never play the game the way it's meant to be played, but we still have fun.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2015, 09:25 »

I think I'm pretty damn good at it.
Discord - richardblaziken