Author Topic: So the forums have had less activity  (Read 13995 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mulholland

• Senior Staff Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • Poyo?
    • View Profile
    • Before I Kick
Re: So the forums have had less activity
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2012, 09:52 »
How about sending it on over to an admin?

Offline Caldoran

• Act as Rum
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Ameba Gone Zingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012, 10:25 »
I personally went inactive due to a combination of losing interest in Pokémon, and having a newfound interest in PC games (namely Team Fortress 2).

I'd love to poke around these forums once in awhile though, it's still a pretty nice place.
The above statements are masterfully crafted fabrications.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2012, 13:06 »
How about sending it on over to an admin?

A bit more on this - it's probably good to get it proofread by an admin (and a few others), and do that for a first few - I know Peter's quite responsive. Beyond that, I can set you up with access to the relevant features and talk you through how to use them. Catch me on IRC or MSN for that, or I can reserve some time if you want to arrange that beforehand.

In general it'd be nice if people get some more experience before we set that up, but I think this is one page where we can speed ahead with that, and if that goes well it'll be easier to set you up with access to other areas, assuming you want to help out in getting more pages uploaded.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2012, 13:17 »
Well, since Blaziken and Richard have started something, I think I'll knock up a few newer topics that were suggested earlier, to help out.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2012, 14:48 »
 Part of my assignment in college required me to proof read a news article   ;)

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2012, 19:25 »
A bit more on this - it's probably good to get it proofread by an admin (and a few others), and do that for a first few - I know Peter's quite responsive. Beyond that, I can set you up with access to the relevant features and talk you through how to use them. Catch me on IRC or MSN for that, or I can reserve some time if you want to arrange that beforehand.

In general it'd be nice if people get some more experience before we set that up, but I think this is one page where we can speed ahead with that, and if that goes well it'll be easier to set you up with access to other areas, assuming you want to help out in getting more pages uploaded.

I've sent it along to Peter to have it checked out. :>

Yes, I would like to learn as much as I can on this and help get more pages uploaded! Anything I can do to help! I'll see if I can find a day to get on IRC very soon! (Off to work now, though, my work schedule is unusually hectic, having been scheduled double my usual hours. Once I learn this stuff, though, it won't be a problem, since I have a lot of free time at night :>)
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Mulholland

• Senior Staff Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • Poyo?
    • View Profile
    • Before I Kick
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2012, 20:47 »
I've sent it along to Peter to have it checked out. :>

Who loved it btw and would like to see it on the site.

Offline Neon Nocturnal

• Just Lurkin'
  • 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Lurkin' a lurkin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 23:28 »
Reading through this thread makes me feel so sad and nostalgic at the same time. I haven't posted since I went to uni really and I had a few clashes. But This site has been really good to me and I met a lot of amazing friends. It's interesting coming back here, as I'm much more mature than I was and I've had a lot of things happen since.

It's sad that it's gone so quiet but I do think that people have simply grown up and not got the time for it. People in Full-time work are more under pressure to work more than we usually would due to the recession and cuts. I think when the economic crisis improves we could see the workers return but that's a long time yet. So people in school are most likely the best targets right now.

I hope it does pick up, I do often come here when I have some spare time, just to see how people are doing. I hope everyone is well. :)

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2012, 23:56 »
Just popping in to say that Rich's articles are a fantastic guide to a Pokémon, whether you're using it competitively or ingame, and that you should all check them out ^^

I'm also lending a hand with PotW from now on with a section on the Pokémon's concept, the real world creatures, plants and stories that it's based on. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy researching it!

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2012, 21:04 »
Reading through this thread makes me feel so sad and nostalgic at the same time.

Ditto :[

Being busy never stopped me from posting, but it certainly made me forget. I have a looksee every now and then but, tbh, it's the lack of activity that makes me stop coming back.

I don't have anything constructive to contribute tho so... carry on~ :>

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2012, 00:13 »
It's sad but I am hopeful. I think the fact is that we have a great community, but many of us perhaps have nothing to say at the moment. I mainly post about Pokemon now and largely keep out of RR, the reason is because there are so many 'What are you __________ right now?' threads which are a bit too facebook/twitterish for me, I don't really care about writing small monologues about myself or my life and I think these threads by their very nature are a little bit self-centred and thus don't promote much discussion between people. Nothing against them or anything, but they should be a supplement to other topics rather than the only topics.

We've been through a huge peak of activity and a close-knit community feeling, this is probably the first dry-period we've had. Compared to a lot of forums out there, Pokemon is still around so the subject matter is still relevant, but maybe not as many people liked Gen V which is understandable.

I think the current generation of new and active posters are maybe a bit boring, it was more interesting when we had furries and emos and gamers and people from all walks of life, then again...even on the streets things are drab. Everybody seems to look the same nowadays, I never see anyone dressing differently...I haven't even seen a goth in ages. Everyone just kinda has that faded neon skinny jeans look with bieber haircuts and messenger bags...how did this turn into a social commentary? Whoops.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2012, 04:50 »
I'm not sure if your last paragraph was symbolic or not, but I've been too tired from school to post.  Closer to winter break I'll try harder, but I know this week is VERY light for me (no lab report due next week and all that) so I'll see what I can do this week.  If only more people took an interest in my FE LP :/  (speaking of which I should continue that one day- I've been bombarded with PMs asking me if I was ok or something LOL i've just been too busy to continue it)
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2012, 15:43 »
 Turner.... you described one of my friends exactly in your last paragraph, he has the jeans, the haircut and the bag  :ohmy:

I should say though, I'm not going to be on as much during the day since I try to get to the gym about 5 ish and even then I usually get home between 8 or 7.

Green Apple

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2012, 14:52 »
As a past member (last year or so?) I remember the forums having much  more activity than this. Seems like people are creating accounts JUST for the name rater. Maybe there hasn't beenmany people because of the name nater problem (i think it it said 400ish nicks pending) Get the name rater to do more!

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2012, 19:45 »
As inhumane as the Name Rater may be at times, they are most definitely not inhuman. Does the best they can, can't really expect them to do any more than the fab job going on already...
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-