Author Topic: Favourite types and combinations  (Read 4759 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline BloodRedBaron

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite types and combinations
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 21:20 »
Fire/Grass would be an amazing pokemon, especially if it got Rock Head, base attack over 115 and base speed over 105. Flare Blitz/Wood Hammer/Stone Edge/Swords Dance would be an amazing set.

Or Head Smash instead of Stone Edge. It would wreck everything.

Fire/Grass with chlorophyll could be useful, depending on the weather situation in the coming metagame. Finally a chlorophyll Pokémon with STAB + Sun boost fire? Yes please.

As for my favourite types, water and ground. Quagsire4life.

I actually made up a pokemon that I wish they'd finally just create. It's based off of a jack-o-lantern/scarecrow. It's fire/grass, with chlorophyll or flash fire. It would be so awesome with a bit of Special Attack and Speed.

Anyways, I really thought Lucario would be Dark/Fighting when he came out, which would be kind of cool since fighting has only two weaknesses and Dark completely neutralizes one of them. Also, it's a STAB combo that's unresisted.

I'd also like to see a Fighting/Flying pokemon.. I've wanted this ever since Staraptor came with Close Combat, which is a total blessing.

I honestly think that every possible type combo should exist, just for diversity's sake.

Offline ajeeth23

• Rob Fan
  • Can you stay up for the weekend?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 05:46 »

I actually made up a pokemon that I wish they'd finally just create. It's based off of a jack-o-lantern/scarecrow. It's fire/grass, with chlorophyll or flash fire. It would be so awesome with a bit of Special Attack and Speed.

Anyways, I really thought Lucario would be Dark/Fighting when he came out, which would be kind of cool since fighting has only two weaknesses and Dark completely neutralizes one of them. Also, it's a STAB combo that's unresisted.

I'd also like to see a Fighting/Flying pokemon.. I've wanted this ever since Staraptor came with Close Combat, which is a total blessing.

I honestly think that every possible type combo should exist, just for diversity's sake.

A scarecrow with a jack-o-lantern head? Woah, bro, that's genius.
RAjeeth.

(That's how I sign. *shrugs*)

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 11:58 »

Dark and Fighting is resisted by Heracross and Toxicroak. The unresisted combo you're likely confusing it with is Fighting and Ghost, which is indeed unresisted.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:40 by Richard and Blaziken »
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline BloodRedBaron

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 13:34 »
Dark and Fighting is resisted by Heracross and Toxicroak. The unresisted combo you're likely confusing it with is Dark and Ghost, which is indeed unresisted.

Oh yes, that's right.. I also forgot about Scrafty, who is Dark/Fighting, and a badass. Ghost fighting would be really cool too.. Like a fighting spirit of some sort..

I also made up a Ghost/Normal Pokemon, which I think is really cool typing, since it is immune to both of its own STABs and Fighting attacks, so pokes that use the now unresisted Ghost&Fighting combo as their only two attacking moves couldn't even touch it. It's based off of a possum.. Because they're like zombie rats IMO.

If only I could get a design job at GameFreak.. Sigh..

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 23:52 »
I've always like psychics and poisons, despite them being awful types battle-wise. If there was a psychic/poison combo I'd definitely give it a go.

Offline Goshdarned Sillyface

• Mayonegg
  • Iceduck Fan
  • hon hon baguette eiffel tower
    • View Profile
    • welcome to my steam account
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 00:27 »
a ghost/steel type would be really cool. maybe it could have levitate to fight off that ground weakness, and only worry about a fire weakness which could easily be taken care of.
hey gastrodon guess what

grass types

Mr. Apple

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 12:22 »
not my favorite,  but LEAST favorite would be fire/fight.

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 23:04 »
I think another water/steel would be cool, and maybe its design can be based off of a hammerhead shark. A ghost/steel would be another cool type and I agree with the person a few posts before who mentioned a steel/ice. A bug/ground would be cool and it would lose the weakness to stealth rocks, making it possibly good for competitive play. A flying/fighting pokemon would be awesome!(I got the idea from one of the smogon custom sprites). I also wouldn't mind, maybe for the gen 6 starter trio, There could be a grass/fighting, a water/psychic, and a fire/dark so that the grass can still be used against the fire, the fire can be used against the water, and the water can be used against the grass(please no fourth fire/fighting type though, I had enough at infernape, cooked bacon wasn't any better). One more idea, a steel/dragon type, as the only other one is Dialga(which I don't like), and Dialga is in Ubers. But, this time, since its a dragon, it could have levitate as well, so it would only be weak to fighting. I could see this pokemon as being a very big threat in the meta-game. A water/fire and a fire/grass would also be very cool as we have a water/grass already. They might as well finish the trio.
+ fire/grass + water/fire

quack98

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 20:19 »
We still haven't got a grass/dragon!!! We need a Tropius evolution that's a giant Sauropod-esque dragon!

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 20:50 »
I think so much more could be done with water steel and there is so many unexplored combos for steel.