Author Topic: Team Building Q+A Thread  (Read 47053 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mick_since_86

Re: Team Building Q+A Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 10:37 »
EV question...again -_-'

Anyways...I'm wanting to EV train some low level pokemon so if I were to have a low level pokemon first then switch it out would it still get the EV points? Would it also get double if it had the Macho Brace attached and got switched out mid battle?

Alternatively if I were to attach the exp share would it get the EV points that way?

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 10:46 »
You would get the full EVs as long as the pokemon partakes in battle. So with the Macho Brace and switching out, you will still get double EV points. For EXP Share, you will only get the normal amount. So you couldn't attach Macho Brace to your lead, and then get double EVs from the one holding EXP Share. It would just receive the normal amount.

Mick_since_86

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 08:02 »
^ thanks for that ^_^

One on Power Items now (I have read the guides btw I just wanna make sure I'm getting it right)

Each power item adds +4 to whichever stat it's for (Power Anklet gives +4 speed) right?

But would the +4 EV's be added regardless of which you're trying to increase?

e.g. I battle a Bidoof and get 1 HP EV but have the power anklet attached would I get the 1HP EV plus the 4 Speed EV on top of that?

Edit: Another wee bit to add.

If you're pokemon is at level 100 and you reduce all it's stats by use of berries and say you EV train to add 252 Ev's to HP, would that stats increase if you were to battle online like it would with non level 100 pokemon?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 08:17 by L »

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 10:15 »
But would the +4 EV's be added regardless of which you're trying to increase?

e.g. I battle a Bidoof and get 1 HP EV but have the power anklet attached would I get the 1HP EV plus the 4 Speed EV on top of that?

I believe that is correct, though with pokerus you'd be getting 2HP and 8Speed IVs.

If you're pokemon is at level 100 and you reduce all it's stats by use of berries and say you EV train to add 252 Ev's to HP, would that stats increase if you were to battle online like it would with non level 100 pokemon?

This was possible in FRLGRSE using the 'box' trick, which you would EV train a level 100 Pokemon and then depoist it in the box and it's stats would caculate.  This is no longer possible in DPPHGSS, you may give it vitems and that'd increase it's stats, but you can't get the full 252 by training anymore. : [

Offline RyoMashii

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 10:19 »
I have been EV trianing a Combusken, and I calculated everything right, 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 HP. I went to the lady in Sunyshore and she said my Combusken needs to work harder. Can anyone help me?

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 12:11 »
You probably miscounted :< Either that, or you forgot to attach the Power Item/Macho Brace or to spread PKRS. I do that quite frequently and it's very annoying >_< Try having an IV battle (going onto wifi in lvl 100 single) and check its stats. If you know the IVs you can work out how many EVs you have left to give it.

Offline RyoMashii

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 19:02 »
If you know the IVs you can work out how many EVs you have left to give it.

How does that work?

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 19:21 »
How does that work?

Well if you had done a Lv100 WiFi battle before training it, you would know the IVs of the Pokemon. With a new Lv100 battle, you'd have a different set of stats. These would be due to the EV training you've done. With the untouched stats (before you started EV training) and the current stats, we would be able to determine how many of each EVs, with an error margin of about 3/7 (depending on some stats).

See what I mean? (Sorry if I've worded it slightly confusing)

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline RyoMashii

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 21:46 »
Well if you had done a Lv100 WiFi battle before training it, you would know the IVs of the Pokemon. With a new Lv100 battle, you'd have a different set of stats. These would be due to the EV training you've done. With the untouched stats (before you started EV training) and the current stats, we would be able to determine how many of each EVs, with an error margin of about 3/7 (depending on some stats).

See what I mean? (Sorry if I've worded it slightly confusing)

I get it now. Damn. I m essed up, and I have no EV reset berries.... What should I do now?

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 21:53 »
You can try winning some at the Battle Frontier, using the scratch cards that you can buy for a couple of BP. I think that is Platinum only though.

Offline RyoMashii

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 03:50 »
OK. So I gave my Combusken 10 Proteins and 10 Carbos. That is 100 EVs in those two stats. Then, I put a power bracer on him and go fight Gyarados and Seaking, both giving 2 Atk EVs, combined with the power bracer and pokerus makes 2+4=6•2=12 from each one. I would have to fight 21 Gyarados and seaking to max out attack evs. They, I give him the power anklet to fight Starly. Combined with pokerus that makes 10 Ev's from starly. I would have to fight 25 Starlys with the anklet on, and one with it of. Then I give him the Power Weight, and fight 2 Bidoofs. Then I have maxed out my EV's. That is what I did.

Offline Agatha

• Crystal!
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Crystal - Stormwinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 08:30 »
Just making a note that if you're completely unsure of how your EVs have gone wrong, you can trade your Pokemon to someone with Pokesav, get them to load your Pokemon and check the EVs (without necessarily changing them).

If the values remain unchanged, your Pokemon is still technically legitimate.
I am Agatha of the Kanto League Elite Four. Challenge us today.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 09:32 »
Q: I have started a new game.After 9:28 hours i have four badges.Does anyone know good ingame movesets for these:

My level 29 grotle@quick claw
~Cut
~Curse
~Bite
~Razor leaf

My level 27 murkrow
~Night shade
~Pursuit
~Assurance
~Wing attack

My level 27 Luxio
~Spark
~Thunder(for the hell of it)
~Charge
~Bite

Oh yeah, no tm's used.I'm in diamond

Offline Spartacus

• Torterra & Rampardos in PKMN Crew 3. A Blaziken, Gallade, Torterra and apparently a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • I'm Spartacus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 11:39 »
Question time

I have never trained any of the Regis before and I think I'd like to. (on R/S/E)

1) What are the best natures and EV spreads?
2) Do I want to boost thier Best stats or their second best to give better overall protection?
3) Are all the Regis walls or are they any good in attack?

I was thinking Bold/ Modest for Regice and Adamant/Careful for Regirock
I dont know for Registeel

I will eventually move them onto Platinum so any movesets would also be gratefully accepted.
Any help much appreciated.
** Winner of Pokemole 5 ** Thanks for all the hints Snover.  :D
MarioKart Freind Code: 4340-3919-7210

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 12:00 »
Check these analysis threads from Smogon's own strategy dex:

Regice

Regirock

Registeel

They have multiple movesets according to which your team needs more - attacker or tank?