Author Topic: Team Building Q+A Thread  (Read 47120 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RyoMashii

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Team Building Q+A Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 20:17 »
Just making a note that if you're completely unsure of how your EVs have gone wrong, you can trade your Pokemon to someone with Pokesav, get them to load your Pokemon and check the EVs (without necessarily changing them).

If the values remain unchanged, your Pokemon is still technically legitimate.

Great minds think alike Agatha. I tried this, albeit unsuccessfully. My cousin helped me with it, and the pokemon never appeared. So I can't use that method unless I someone can supply me with a work method to do this.

Mick_since_86

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 12:02 »
I've made a wee excel table for tracking your EV's if your interested?

Not sure how I can load it up on here thought if anyone can help out with that?

It's also got a space below for any notes lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:06 by L »

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 12:19 »
Try uploading it to megaupload or something similar, and then place the (safe) download URL in your post. Most people prefer to use a tally chart on a bit of paper though :P

Offline RyoMashii

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 13:13 »
Well, I got the pokesav thing to work, and now, I now how many EVs I have. So I am currently training in speed, and later today, I will check again. Ok, so now, I have another question. Is a Machamp a good sweeper or tank?

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 13:34 »
Machamp is a decent sweeper, with it's massive attack stat, decent bulk and all around good movepool. It can act as a status absorber. with a Rest/Sleep Talk set but that's as tanky as you should really go with the big guy. Both of Machamp's abilities, Guts and No Guard can be used, but the latter is often preferred for 100% accurate Dynamicpunch/Stone Edge. My favourite Machamp set works as a lead:

Machamp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature [+Atk -SAtk]
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def (Speed IV 19, so that standard Bronzong's Gyro Ball doesn't break substitute)
-Substitute
-Encore
-Dynamicpunch
-Payback

A simple but effective lead. Encore is the crux of the set, allowing you to set up Substitute on those who start the game with entry hazards. From there you can throw Dynamicpunch at anything and everything that comes in, and then set up another sub when they are confused. Payback is specifically to hit Rotom/ghosts that are immune to Dpunch, but Stone Edge is a suitable replacement to hit the likes of Salamence, Zapdos, Gyarados etc for super effective damage.

Other decent sets are: Choice Scarf, Rest Talk, Choice Ban, Bulk Up. Probably best to steer clear of Sub/Punch, leave that to Hariyama who has a much better HP stat and better suited ability for it (Thick Fat).

Mick_since_86

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 13:42 »
Try uploading it to megaupload or something similar, and then place the (safe) download URL in your post. Most people prefer to use a tally chart on a bit of paper though :P

I use a tally thing as well, just some people might find the table useful.

Keeps everything together as well if you are training up mutliple pokemon ya know?

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 14:29 »
It could be useful, if you made another sheet containing good EV locations or something else, but just a tally chart I can't see being worth the effort tbh.

Mick_since_86

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 14:34 »
I have that in another table...Yes I realise I have too many tables but it wouldn't be too hard to move it over I guess.

I dunno why I don't have it all on the same thing haha.

It's something it could be up on this section if people were to find it useful eh?

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 14:37 »
Maybe take some screenshots of what it looks like, get some more feedback before you release it to the masses? From what you've said, I'm guessing it's just a regular excel sheet with labelled columns/rows... unless i'm missing something?

Mick_since_86

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 15:02 »
That's pretty much the jist of it but with a bit below saying where the best place to train for each EV and for which level.

e.g. Twinleaf town for Speed (Starly) and HP (Bidoof) etc

That kinda thing?

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 15:09 »
Really, if that's it then I don't see much point as we have an article onsite with EV spots, and downloading something for a tally chart that anyone can make (on paper or in Excel) wouldn't be worth it.

Mick_since_86

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 16:20 »
Meh I guess so.

Still something could be added to the guide like that so everything is there ya know?

Saves people going off and making something on their own...people could find it handy, I know I would have...just a thought :)

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 17:45 »
I'm not in charge of anything team building, so it would be best to speak to Webby or one of the Global Mods/Admins about adding it to the site. I'm still unclear as to what it looks like, the info etc.. could you upload a screenprint of what you have?

Offline RyoMashii

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2010, 19:17 »
I have a question. What is Acid Rain/

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 20:44 »
It's a glitch caused by KOing something on the switch out with Pursuit in a Sandstorm, I think. It's in Platinum, but I don't know about HG/SS.
hahahahahahaha