Author Topic: Insomniac Gamers is Speedrunning Games for Terminally Ill Children  (Read 1186 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Insomnia

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Heya!

I'm not sure if this is okay or not to post but I figured since it was 100% going to charity that it would be. If it's not okay please delete/remove/whatever you feel is best and I apologize in advance.

The charity is ChildsPlayCharity.org we are on their official calendar as well! Basically what ChildsPlayCharity does is give terminally ill kids video games so they can have a better quality of life while in the hospital.

Who we are is basically a bunch of gamers that stream games either casually or more professionally. We basically try to have a stream on 24/7 so we tend to step out of our comfort zone with games quite often so there is a good show. Before the event you'll notice streams that go on, and the donation widget. That was just something set up so we could get approved on their calendar and the streams are normal. However on the date July 20th is when we will be doing the speedruns that will be the actual charity date so please if you can come and support the event!

The stream URL: http://InsomniacGamers.net

Our schedule is below, keep in mind the schedule is tentative and subject to change we tried to include extra time for set up and extra technical difficulties that may occur.

As of now the Schedule in EST is as follows:

July 20th
Metal Gear Solid 1 - 10:30 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. (This is more a bit of a power walk)

Resident Evil: Remake - 1:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.

Super Mario World 2 - 3:30 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.

Super Mario 64 (16 Star Run) - 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.

Zelda: A Link to the Past - 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.

Dark Souls - 9:00 PM to 11:30 P.M. (Aiming for under two hours)

Metal Gear Solid 3 European Extreme - 11:30 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. (Est time is under 2 hours)

July 21st

Metal Gear Solid 3 European Extreme - 11:30 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. (posted twice to signify change of days)

Pokémon Blue - 2:00 A.M. to 5:00 A.M. (depends on RNG)

Dragon's Dogma - 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 A.M.

Again our URL is http://insomniacgamers.net
Hope to see many great people supporting the event!

Offline Insomnia

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
The event started ^^

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
Aw man, I'm miffed that I didn't notice this til now. It's over now right? Still, watching the stream that's running at the moment is pretty fun too ^^

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease