Author Topic: Hoopa Unbound  (Read 3392 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

Hoopa Unbound
« on: December 25, 2014, 04:39 »
Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion

Diancie's long been around, but what about the other two?

Most of you probably already know about this, but there's no been no topic about it yet and it sounds pretty interesting. So apparently Hoopa (an unreleased Pokemon found in the code of X and Y) triggers an event in ORAS that lets it transform into "Hoopa Unbound." Hoopa was coded in since X and Y, but now that they further developed the Pokemon by giving it an in-game event, I predict that it'll be officially announced and distributed for ORAS. So far Hoopa is a hacker-only Pokemon. Nothing on Volcanion so far. Read more about all this here

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Hoopa Unbound
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 21:29 »
This was the "Mega Hoopa" that I remember posting about a while back when some dudes decrypted the game.  Does anyone know anything about its base stats though?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 21:31 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 04:17 »
Sorry for posting something you've already posted. Something about Unbound's base stats here

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 10:23 »
Just gonna put it out there - linking to that website will lead you through a filter, so it shows up as blocked.com and not the website you were thinking of.  But I see some of them.

Also you've really not posted anything redundant - a ton of concrete proof and very concrete images is far from redundant with what I posted - I'm really just snidely getting back at someone who was unnecessarily skeptical during that thread.  Good stuff.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 10:46 »
80 HP / 160 Attack / 60 Defense / 170 Sp. Attack / 130 Sp. Defense / 80 Speed

Can't blame Dick for not believing it was real, it looks absolutely ridiculous, even for Pokemon these days.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 10:54 »
I think the situation is different when it all comes from the same guy who decrypted the ORAS demo.  It's not like that particular batch of info came one at a time, a lot of pretty believable information that came as a group from the guys who, I believe, created pokegen.  But it's kind of petty and I'm not going to rub it in much more.

At any rate, I can see that relegated to OU/BL or UU or something, that SDef could let it switch into things but the HP/Spd/Def is limiting.  That's a really odd stat spread.  Psychic/Ghost isn't a bad type though, it's just not great.

Offline Mockery for One

• Was never a...
  • Rex Fan
  • Naah, this ain't cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 21:59 »
Now for some crazy idea.

I like to believe that Mr. Hoopa Ringmaster is the one creating these hyperspace rings scattered around Hoenn, and he carries a suitcase and hat for when he's traveling. He has SOME kind of profession as the "ArchDjinni of Rings", and he accidentally lets Groudon and Kyogre out, and Rayquaza has to intervene.

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 10:17 »
I read Hoopa as "hoopla".

Seeing as there will be a new movie about Hoopa coming out I think this will be some event Pokémon that will access you to an event in OR/AS.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 15:04 »
Some of the discovered in-game text for Hoopa is really interesting and goes some way to explain mirage spots as well as other lore in the game that we've possibly yet to see.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 05:59 »
calling it now, some trainer called sharha will be the one to quell hoopa unbound (whose true name will be alf layla wa-layla)

given the muskadeers were in the last gen if we follow the trend logically we can look forward to some clownish human/were-pokemon for the gen VII legendary