Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 381210 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #1530 on: February 25, 2016, 23:05 »
best of luck! just don't forget that they may guilt you into working more time than you initially signed up for, i said the same thing with panera. i actually said 9pm and for a couple weeks i'd get 9pm. then they said, "hey it would be such a great help if you just would learn how to close, its just til 10pm". then you learn and they say, "hey we're in a pinch, can you cover a closing shift?". then before you know it you're working closing shifts almost every day of the week and then you're working an audit night until 1am and you have school the next day...

i did have an exceptionally bad experience with panera i feel lol i think i only stayed because some kind of stockholm syndrome. but stick by what you said, don't cave into their unreasonable demands, they're not likely to fire you because you want to work the hours they hired you for. if anything they'll start cutting your hours and then that gives you some time to write that store in as experience on your resume and then skip to somewhere else. there's nothing wrong with working at a few different places so long as you leave with at least 1 manager that likes you. say your reason for leaving is "unprofessional management" and then at your next interview bring that up and stroke the hiring manager's ego and say "right away you strike me as way more professional than most of my past managers"... ive never used that line and not been offered the job. i also say i'm looking for a leader and not a boss and they eat that right up too yeeeee

anyways i dont want to scare you too much, you'll probably love your coworkers and i really love working, truthfully. i actually miss not working here. just make sure you're being treated like a human being like you deserve, sometimes the people in control will forget that, especially since they'll see you as a naive teenager. don't be afraid to stand up for yourself.

OH and biggest mistake i made at the start? at the end of your interview they'll ask "any questions?" don't say no. just ask some questions about the job like what most new people find difficult, what they like about working there, or any genuine questions you have. if you're feeling real cheeky you can ask "do you have any hesitations involving me working here?" i usually end with that and they say no typically. that's a little introductory sales tactic for you, assumed close, i used to make real money off of suckers with lines like that. also if you happen to be driving by stop in once a week and ask a cashier if you can speak to a manager, confidently introduce yourself to the manager and say you applied and ask that they look at the application at their nearest convenience. if you're doing food go in between 3 to 5, that's a quiet time and they'll pay attention to you. remember EVERYONE wants to be confident so acting like it will magnetize potential employers towards you.

ok last note in this novel i wrote for u if you post you got an interview i'll have more unsolicited advice for you since my major is marketing / sales and selling is exactly what you do in an interview so i can give you some pointers to killing an interview.

DOUBLE EDIT: hey so i just read 20% of Donald Trump's supporters would oppose the Emancipation Proclamation (like, that ended slavery in the US). hillary clinton loses to him in most matchups, and if the DNC doesnt sort out their corruption issues she may get the nomination over Bernie, AKA our only sensible choice. sooo basically what european members will let me stay in their home come next january if i get them a job and pay rent or something?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 23:46 by Kpyna »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 26, 2016, 01:48 »
^Thank you. And as for Trump, if he gets in the Oval Office, can I have some help getting out of here?

I was watching competitive smash videos and saw and old friend of mine acting like a jerk.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1532 on: February 26, 2016, 09:43 »
Good luck job hunting blaze! D

Speaking of jobs I'm back at work today. I can tell that it's probably going to be awful. Probably going to get into crap over last week but I'm sorry I had a family funeral almost 300 miles away??? On a better note through I've worked out if I go home the first week in May I only have like 12 shifts~ left and then I'm free of that hell hole for the summer and hopefully for good yessssss

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 26, 2016, 21:09 »
Thanks Inferna

So my brother answered the phone for a telemarker and then handed it to me and told me to hang it up. After I hang up, I ask him why he couldn't hang up and he said "Because I was still trying to figure out what they were saying."

And this is the same guy who keeps saying he's 1000x smarter than me.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 27, 2016, 16:54 »
this is late but thanks yall
ive been doin pretty okay and we dunno when the funeral is but its still a little weird

only problem i got now is im hungry but not for anything in the kitchen

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 27, 2016, 17:36 »
My ds shipped out today and now I have to wait for it to get here, buy a bigger sd card, learn how to do a system transfer onto said larger sd card, and then I can finally buy bayonetta and corrin.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 27, 2016, 21:07 »
my foot is killing me. i can't even wander around the city to try to have some physical activity. and on top of that, the whole gym thing here not working for me has me P.O'd because i just feel gross not having worked out for over a month now. and when i get back i'll either have to drive 30 minutes to my school gym or invest in a gym membership for the summer... i guess i can replicate a lot of my exercises at home, but not like squats or anything, and we don't have enough weights at my house atm but my dad promised he'd buy me some for the summer. still though, i can't do squats and we only have one small mirror in the corner of the room so i'd have to go through the trouble of moving it. and my parents want to keep the weight bench in the basement. argh.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1537 on: February 27, 2016, 21:52 »
gosh i am paying for all that walking i did yesterday haha

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 27, 2016, 22:31 »
Not working until the 18th lmao

I'm glad because I just hate the dread I have for actually working, but then no money until midway through March :/

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 28, 2016, 21:30 »
gosh i just hate how kind of,,, grey-brown the world seems to me like i just dont see anything in colour anymore im always bored and demotivated in spite of my medication helping w the whole wanting to die thing i just the last time i saw colour was during anything goes siggghhhhhh

thanks gl <3

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 28, 2016, 22:11 »
 This job thing for uni is open for applications tomorrow. Like, if they read applications then I've got it since I'm pretty enthusiastic about counselling and I love talking to people about their problems because it's just interesting to see how everyone feels when you're rather stunted when it comes down to emotions.

Just the effort of doing it...

Just told someone that they're out of my league without really thinking? I'm actually quite full of myself so it's a pretty good compliment since I'm mint and I'm implying that they're mintier than me.

Haven't got time for feels. I need heelies to escape the feelies.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 28, 2016, 22:33 »
So i'm in this draft league where blaziken with blaze is uu. Things are going well and i'm planning on taking it after vaporeon. I get vaporeon, and one of my friends gets mad and takes blaziken, on purpose, just to snipe me and he even said he won't even use it.

Thanks bro, can't wait to face you.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 29, 2016, 01:50 »
I can't download RBY because I can't connect my 3DS to the uni wifi network (because you need a username and a password but the 3DS doesn't change its wi-fi forms to accommodate the username feature.

I'm going to be stuck without them until I go home for Easter which really sucks.

Also I have £12 of fines for the uni library because of some dumb books I forgot to take back
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 29, 2016, 02:15 »
Not a good day for friends. Another one of my friends in the same aforementioned league on PS!'s Gold Server can't make 2 of the matches, so he complains about it to me because he was sure he couldn't get them rescheduled. I try to help him but eventually connect him to the league leader, who confirms that he can't. So then my "friend" starts trashing the entire league in pm's, so I tell him to suck it up or just quit the league. After that, he turns around and attacks me, and then when I retort, he threatens to report me, saying i'm instigating the fight. Yeah, big talk for someone who just flamed a global auth (I would've done something but I wasn't infallible tbh).

Also caught a fwooofy cotton birb in my Ruby Nuzlocke and mistakenly got rid of peck for fury attack.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1544 on: February 29, 2016, 09:46 »
I can't download RBY because I can't connect my 3DS to the uni wifi network (because you need a username and a password but the 3DS doesn't change its wi-fi forms to accommodate the username feature.

I'm going to be stuck without them until I go home for Easter which really sucks.

Also I have £12 of fines for the uni library because of some dumb books I forgot to take back

What internet do you use? If it's the hell that is keysurf then there is a way to get it to work, I bought Red on Saturday! basically you just have to add your 3ds MAC address to the list of devices (do it on your phone/laptop) and then just connect from your 3ds and it should work.