Author Topic: NINTENDO SWITCH  (Read 7404 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
NINTENDO SWITCH
« on: January 13, 2017, 05:12 »
Did anyone watch the presentation?

I'm preordering it now. The way they showed Breath of the Wild was THE HYPEST THING.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Re: NINTENDO SWITCH
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 05:26 »
Preordered it earlier today just in case there was a sudden rush after the presentation.

Not a lot of launch titles - i imagine thatll be disappointing for some people, but all i need is zelda to carry me through the rest of the year anyway so whatev. Mario odyssey looks weird, sort of sonic adventurish with an added touch of minish cap, but im into it. Xenoblade 2 looks interesting as well, but as much as i enjoyed the last ones i didnt get anywhere close to finishing them, so im not sure if ill buy it.

Also, kudos to that ea dude who managed to tell the story of how he loves nintendo games so much he gave his firstborn son "luigi" as a middle name, all without cracking a smile and in the same tone i imagine a businessman would talk about stocks.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:08 »
I was really excited for the presentation but like... there's no games at launch (I didn't actually watch the presentation, just read a summary because it was at like 3am GMT lmao). Like if you love Zelda then it's good but otherwise, it's another weak launch. I'll probably wait a year before getting the Switch, see if the lineup improves a bit, especially wait for a possible Mario Kart 9 (although MK8 deluxe makes this less likely I guess)!

Mario Odyssey looks really cool though, and Splatoon 2 is nice to have in the future lineup. Yooka-Laylee looks sort of interesting, but that doesn't even have a rough release date yet!
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 12:42 »
The Pokémon games they mentioned I think will be side games like another Pokken or even a Mystery Dungeon. Definitely not a main series game quite yet and it won't be a Coliseum type game either.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:49 »
I woke up to watch the presentation then went back to bed. Looks really cool but I agree with the "weak launch" opinions. Zelda looks super cool though.

Preordered the grey version and Zelda when I woke up, I'm looking forward to a lot of what they showed during the presentation, I just hope it doesn't take 50000000 years for stuff to come out, but it seems like a lot of stuff will be out before the end of the year which is coolio.

Also super glad that Nintendo are finally introducing paid online if you want to play online, just what they were missing to bring them into the current gen. Woohoo!!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:51 by Del »
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 13:04 »
Pokemon is rumoured be pokemon stars, the third version of sun and moon. Dont know for sure how accurate that is, but if the other switch rumours are to go by its pretty likely.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 13:20 »
The Pokémon games they mentioned I think will be side games like another Pokken or even a Mystery Dungeon. Definitely not a main series game quite yet and it won't be a Coliseum type game either.
Pokemon is rumoured be pokemon stars, the third version of sun and moon. Dont know for sure how accurate that is, but if the other switch rumours are to go by its pretty likely.

Yeah, the only evidence against Stars (codename, apparently) is that there's no precedent for splitting a generation over 2 consoles, but otherwise I'd guess it'll either come out this October/November and be announced by the end of February, or come out October/November 2018 and be announced next February. Not sure how relevant this is, but I heard the Pokemon Company isn't listed as a third party developer - are they classed as first party or just not developing?

As a side note, totally want Colosseum 3 feat. Raichu-mega just to have Shiny Shadow Mega Alolan Raichu.

Also super glad that Nintendo are finally introducing paid online if you want to play online, just what they were missing to bring them into the current gen. Woohoo!!!

Yeah this is dumb >_> I wonder if it'll only be bank levels of cost (~£5 a year iirc) or more in line with PS+ or Xbox Live (both like £10 a month aren't they? I haven't got either so idk)
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 13:29 »
Im expecting an e3 reveal for pokemon honestly, and im guessing autumn/winter release. Think itll be this year, the rumours surfaced too early for 2018.

Unprecedented means very little, especially when it comes to third versions. Bear in mind that bw had sequels instead, and xy just didnt get one.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 13:52 »
Im expecting an e3 reveal for pokemon honestly, and im guessing autumn/winter release. Think itll be this year, the rumours surfaced too early for 2018.

Unprecedented means very little, especially when it comes to third versions. Bear in mind that bw had sequels instead, and xy just didnt get one.

I think it'll be announced before E3, but then like properly shown then. That seems to be their usual way of doing things.

Yeah, unprecedented isn't a huge deal, especially when splitting a generation makes the most sense (i.e, take DP and Platinum - Platinum wasn't much different story wise, so having it on the (then unreleased, but that's not the point) 3DS would mean DS owners didn't miss much - similar thing here I guess.
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 15:05 »
True. Thats mauybeybe also why they didnt put bw2 on the 3ds, which came out about a month before iirc - since they were direct sequels, splitting them like that could have alienated fans.

Now that I think about it, you might be right about e3. I was forgetting that nintendo doesnt care about that corporate mess of a show as much as the other devs do.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 16:56 »
I'm pretty active in the fire emblem roleplay community, so I've been seeing a lot of fire emblem warriors hype, and have to admit, I'm really excited about that too. We only got maybe a minute long video that told us almost nothing, but ahhhhh I'm excited!
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 18:02 »
I really want the console but I'll wait until the price drops, more games are out, and when we know that there would be no fatal glitch like the Red Ring of Death the XBox 360 did.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 22:07 »
I was really excited for the presentation but like... there's no games at launch (I didn't actually watch the presentation, just read a summary because it was at like 3am GMT lmao). Like if you love Zelda then it's good but otherwise, it's another weak launch. I'll probably wait a year before getting the Switch, see if the lineup improves a bit, especially wait for a possible Mario Kart 9 (although MK8 deluxe makes this less likely I guess)!
If you love Zelda this was incredible.

Mario Odyssey looks really cool though, and Splatoon 2 is nice to have in the future lineup. Yooka-Laylee looks sort of interesting, but that doesn't even have a rough release date yet!

you mean super mario: the minish cap 06
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 00:10 »
Really looking forward to Xenoblade 2 and the new mario game, but rather dissatisfied with the quantity release titles on launch day, you would have thought nintendo would go all out guns blazing.
Mariokart 8 deluxe sounds like DLC+ so not feeling so excited about it. But i am sure i will enjoy it when i play it :')

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 01:05 »
the price is a little annoying considering the current exchange rates means that $299.99=/=£279.99=/=¥29,980.

although the games look cool and it looks cool and the cartridges look like they were made for ants, i can't afford it so probably wont get it until the price drops rip