Author Topic: Can there be only one? [Disc]  (Read 1284 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Can there be only one? [Disc]
« on: December 24, 2014, 06:40 »
I have an idea for an rp I want to make, but I'm afraid it may draw attention away from the current rp. I don't know... I asked Blaze about it a while ago, he didn't think it was a good idea to start it now (or then...?) but it's been a while, and with new people joining the forum, some of whom expressed interest in role playing here, it seems like a good idea to start something now. Plus, it definitely would be good to have two rp's happening at once, since it would mean more activity on the board, and on the forums in general. What do you guys think?

Also, just a side note, I just realized the plot I had in mind is a lot like another rp that was started here, but never really went anywhere... It was only a few months ago too... that's a little awkward... Still, it looked like there was a lot of interest in that one, and I haven't seen the person who started it in a while, so, should I go ahead with it anyway? Or should I just try to think of something else?
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Can there be only one? [Disc]
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 08:11 »
I've seen people balance two or even three RPs well. The issue right now is that the Role Play board doesn't have many people posting right now. If you have an RP idea, or even want to revive an old RP that died from lack of interest I say go ahead. The worst that can happen is it doesn't pick up steam.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 12:27 »
there can definitely be more the one rps going on at a time!

i'd say if you want to do it you should go for it + i wouldn't worry about plots being similar because either way you'll be doing well to soak a dry period just a little

thanks gl <3

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 15:29 »
I don't think that there should be anything stopping you from having more than one rp, but my only fear is that most people can handle so much and that they're all so excited for the new one that they forget about the one that's finally starting to pick up. Not because this one is just taking off, but the fact that it's happened to me many times, and I mean many, so it kinda makes me a bit unsure when someone suggests another one. I know it sounds selfish but I just feel that way.

Nonetheless, I think it would be a great idea to have more than one rp up so more people can be active on the board, and for those who want to be in one but there isn't one open to joiners or the one that is ongoing isn't their forte. I can balance many at once and I have in the past. I was once in 2 rp's and giving ideas to others for like at least 2 more. Plus other people may want to on the board.

Lastly, I think I know which you mean and that one was a lot of fun while it lasted (which wasn't long because I didn't want to keep fluff posting). There was a good bit of interest in that one so either way, go for it!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 15:33 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 21:00 »
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure, especially after I realized the one I was planning was a lot like another one. Anyway, I'll post it soon, mostly because if I don't, I'll start editing and over planning and it will never be posted ^^;
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.