Author Topic: SoulSilver Nuzlocke  (Read 3361 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
SoulSilver Nuzlocke
« on: January 08, 2017, 22:25 »
Okay, I'm a bit bored at the moment so decided to start a Soul Silver nuzlocke, starting with a Mareep.

The rules I'll be using are;
-> First Pokemon on each route, starting from Lyra's tutorial.
-> If a Pokemon dies, it must be released.
-> All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
-> A white-out is an auto-lose, regardless of if more Pokemon are in my box.
-> Battle style is Set
Edit: -> If Mareep dies, I die too :(

Sooo, here we go with it up to entering Violet City (EDIT: Now up to halfway down Route 32):

Mareep is the most adorable, I think Lyra might be a bit broken, she thinks Marill’s cuter – have you even seen Mareep??? Anyways, today I get my Mareep in all of its fluffiness – I’ve even got up at 9am to collect it from the Professor. 9am – I barely even knew that hour existed!
-
The Professor gave me a choice of three Pokémon – Mareep and two others, I didn’t even look at the other two because if the choice is Mareep or something else, you always choose Mareep, right? I’ve called it Barry because Baa-rry. Because it’s a sheep. No? Okay. He’s asked me to go and see what Mr Pokémon is blabbering on about – I mean sounds kinda boring but I guess I owe him the favour after he gave me Barry. I’ll start making my way down route 29 now.
-
My first battle was intense!!! I mean, the Hoothoot I battled just sort of Growl-ed and tried to foresee something, idk what though, but watching Barry tackle just made me feel like a real trainer, and even though Hoothoot was no threat I still felt worried something might happen to Barry – I mean I know Pokemon only faint, but it’s just not a nice thought!
-
Some creepy old guy tried to give me a tour of Cherrygrove City – he thought he was all hilarious with his whole “This is the sea, as you can see”, but he was kind of lame. He gave me a free pair of running shoes though, so I guess that’s cool. About halfway to Mr Pokémon now too!
-
I HAD TO WALK ALL THIS WAY FOR A FREAKIN’ EGG! Like… not even a cool egg. Just a regular old egg. Mr Pokémon is now on my loser list. I didn’t even have one, but he just made me need one. Now he’s quoting Oak. HE’S SAT IN THE SAME ROOM!! Oh my gosh I cannot deal with this guy any longer. Oak says this guy’s his friend. I mean, I guess if you’re some nerdy professor you probably don’t get out much, but surely you can beat this guy! Oooo, he just gave me a Pokedex, I think I like Oak now, he can stay off the loser list I guess.

I just stepped outside and Elm rang me and he’s like “OH MY GOSH IT’S A DISASTER”. Like, chill. It’s probably nothing, but I’d better go back just in case. I’ll start running back now.
-
This guy is rude – he just ran into me all like “Elm’s Pokémon is too good for a wimp like you” – now he wants a battle. Barry will soon wipe this smugness away. I guess you could say he’ll soon be… sheepish.

He has a Cyndaquil, but it just keeps Leer-ing at Barry, occasionally Tackle-ing, as Barry unleashes an onslaught of Tackles, I don’t think this rude guy has this whole battling thing down. Aaaaand I win. That was easy.

Now he’s talking to me about his dreams to become the best trainer around, I mean this guy could probably start an encounter a little friendlier, but he’s actually all right. Didn’t tell me his name, but on his trainer card I saw he was called Silver. I’ll have to remember that one.
-
I got back to the lab, and apparently a Pokémon was stolen! Apparently Elm wasn’t being melodramatic after all. It was stolen by a red-haired boy… I wonder if that could be Silver? I’d better not say anything, I don’t want to tear his dreams right at the seams from the start. Anyways, I showed Elm the egg, he’s decided to keep hold of it for now. Elm suggests I take on the Gym challenge – he seemed to think I won’t become champion, I’ll show him!
-
Lyra decided to teach me how to catch Pokémon. I’m not an idiot goddammit, I already know how -_-. Oh well, I may as well let her carry on, let her think she’s being helpful sort of thing? She would go on the loser list, but she did give me some free Poké balls so I guess I’ll leave her off. For now. I start walking towards Violet City, and encounter another Hoothoot! I decide to catch it, and nickname it Raven, because it’s a girl. It’s not as strong as Barry, but I guess I may as well train it up, it looks pretty cool! When I get on to Route 30, I see another Hoothoot, I battle it but decide not to bother catching it, not really worth spending a Poké ball.
-
After a few battles, I’ve made it to Violet City – Lyra appears, annoying as ever, but she gives me another freebie in the VS Recorder, so she can remain of the loser list just a tiny bit longer I guess.
-
Walking into Violet City, I immediately notice a gigantic tower! Walking up to it, I realise its Sprout Tower. From what I hear, it’s full of weirdos that worship Bellsprout as a deity, but I guess I can go check it out, can go pray to Bellsprout that I never have to speak to Mr Pokémon again -_-
-
Every trainer has just had 3 Bellsprout! It’s been so easy so far, but Hoothoot has finally learned Peck, just as I’m about to go up to the top floor! As I go up, I encounter a Gastly! It’s really scary, I catch it to scare Lyra off when I next see her, and go with the name Gemma. Not sure why, just a stroke of genius I guess! I see Silver ahead, so I go see what’s up with him.

He’s getting lectured about treating his Pokémon with more care, he seems to think of them only as tools. What a tool. Still, I know I’m stronger than Silver, so this guy should be easy!

I beat him – he’s such a fraud, he had a Hoothoot!!! Anyways, he gives me a Flash TM. I mean… that’s kind lame, plus he’s a Bellsprout worshipper… I guess we have a new addition to the Loser List?

Onto the Gym now! I beat the first two trainers easily, it’s a Flying-type Gym and Thundershock from Barry clips their wings easily!!! I hope the leader is as easy. He introduces himself as Falkner, and blabbers on about his father’s Pidgeotto. He could at least have a cool Flying-type like Raven!

I lead with Gemma, but immediately switch to Barry, who gets hit by some sand. Apparently that lowers accuracy, but he still struck down Pidgey in one hit! Then Pidgeotto comes out. This could be a little trickier. I try a Thundershock, but his Pidgeotto hits first with Tackle. I know one more hit will faint Pidgeotto, but if he hits the right spot it could KO Barry. I better play it safe and switch to Raven. As I do so, Pidgeotto Roosts, healing its health back to full. I send it to sleep with Hypnosis, then use a potion on Barry, then switch to Barry and use Thundershock, then Thundershock again to KO it before it wakes up! Easy ^_^

After some blabbing on about how he failed his dad’s precious bird pokémon, he gives me a Zephyr badge and some TM. Sorry Falkner, still on the Loser List for your persistence going on about your dad’s bird Pokémon! Raise your own goddammit!

As I go outside, Elm rings me and tells me to take care of his egg. Bluh, do I have to do everything!?!? I’ll just put it in the PC, he’ll never know. Some crazy girl in a kimono told me it was important, but whatever, PC it goes.
-
I decide to go to Route 36 now – I mean it’s probably not the right way, this region seems to be all helpful and in numerical order, but whatever! I talk to this fat guy and he gives me a HM for Rock Smash, that’s pretty cool I guess? There’s a stupid tree blocking my way though, so I go south to the Ruins of Alph. After some exploring, I encounter an Unown in the shape of an F. I guess I’ll catch it and just box it, it’s kind of ugly. I guess I’ll just head to Route 32.

-
I encounter a Hoppip! They’re pretty cute, I hear they evolve into this cool dandelion thing. I catch it and call it Dan, because Dan-delion. Then I continued my way down the route. It’s a very pretty route, lots of fishermen, they’re all a little odd? Nice enough though, I suppose, just not the sort of people you’d want to have a prolonged conversation with, y’know?

My Team:

Barry (Mareep) - Level 13
-> Tackle
-> Growl
-> Thundershock
-> -

Raven (Hoothoot) - Level 11
-> Tackle
-> Growl
-> Hypnosis
-> Peck

Gemma (Gastly) - Level 6
-> Hypnosis
-> Lick
-> Spite
-> -

Dan (Hoppip) - Level 10
-> Synthesis
-> Splash
-> Tackle
-> Tail Whip

Deaths:

None yet - yay!

Loser List
-> Mr Pokémon
-> Elder Li
-> Falkner

---

Minor spoiler:
Spoiler: show
The first paragraph of the next post will have a death in. No comments who.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 00:24 by SapphireRobin|Omeganium »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: SoulSilver Nuzlocke
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 18:14 »
Yay, finally we have a nuzlocke here. You also forgot the "Starter dies, you die" rule. Or are you not doing that one?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 19:50 »
Yay, finally we have a nuzlocke here. You also forgot the "Starter dies, you die" rule. Or are you not doing that one?

Honestly I didn't even know that was a rule, but I may as well add it, a challenge is always good! Will update this post / post again with an update soon :)
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 20:40 »
It's a standard rule from what i've seen. Trust me, it's hard to have to sack another mon that you love sometimes so you don't die.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 13:10 »
Okay, I didn't forget about this I was just crazy busy, here's the next part though (Small, because too much happens -_-)

CAMPER ROLAND IS THE WORST!!!!! His Nidoran just Peck’d Dan, and it must have hit just the right spot because he fainted. I rushed back to the Violet City Pokémon center, but they couldn’t bring him back. I don’t understand – Pokémon are supposed to faint in battle, not die. This is insane, Dan had only just learnt how to Tackle things too :(
-
I’m slowly making my way back down route 32 – stupid Camper Roland :(. I think there’s a cave up ahead? I guess I’ll go in. OH MY GOD ZUBATS EVERYWHERE 0_o. I just catch the first one I see, I guess I’ll call it Bruce because Batman, and hopefully this doesn’t get killed by some dumb Camper. As I fight through the cave, I eventually bump into this Hiker with an Onix that just WILL NOT FAINT. I’ve Growled it 6 times, but no matter how many times Gemma Licks it or Barry Tackles it it just won’t go away -_- About 30 years later, and I’ve finally fainted it. THANK GOD >_> Aaaand three steps down the road, a Hiker with 3 Geodude. Great -_-. Gemma is so tired of Licking after this battle she’s refusing to anymore – that’s her only damaging move!!!
-
Just got out of this damn cave, and it’s raining. And there’s another Hiker. Faaaaantastic  -_-. I led with Bruce, and his stupid Geodude used Rock Throw, fainting Bruce in one hit! Just like with Dan, it didn’t move. It was dead. Why is this happening – they’re only supposed to faint!!! Barry dealt with it brutally, then transformed into a pink sheep! I mean… still kind of sad about Bruce, and still super sad about Dan, but at least I’ve got a pink sheep now! I rush to the Pokémon center in Azalea town hoping maybe Bruce isn’t as dead as it looked, but unfortunately the nurse broke the bad news. Some Rocket thug in the corner seemed startled to discover a Pokémon had died, and I heard him say there was “a complication” on his radio. Odd.

My Team
Barry (Flaaffy) - Lv 15
-> Tackle
-> Growl
-> ThunderShock
-> Thunder Wave

Raven (Hoothoot) - Lv 12
-> Tackle
-> Peck
-> Hypnosis
-> Growl

Gemma (Gastly) - Lv 11