Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380577 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: first world problems
« Reply #1440 on: February 08, 2016, 22:05 »
i keep trying to change my avatar but it keeps setting it to no avatar. why pkmn.net, why must yall forsake my rwby lovin ass like this

edit: now it's doing this. i can't win man
edit 2: finally.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 22:08 by Shaymin »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 09, 2016, 00:31 »
^John is a whippersnapper, Chloe is a toddler and you're still a zygote.

Guess that makes me an infant or something along those lines.

College and high school dumping everything on me at once.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1442 on: February 09, 2016, 01:30 »
Just want to hide for a while. I'm struggling so much with everything but I'm too scared to tell anyone properly or do anything about it :) I've not been sleeping or eating properly I'm just exhausted and it's only going to get worse ahaha

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 09, 2016, 12:30 »
shay the horrible roommate left her clothes on the clothes dryer for two days when it only takes a couple of hours to dry and my roommate moved her clothes onto the couch because she had wet clothes she needed to put up and shay came into our rooms while we were getting ready to sleep and proceeded to whine at my roommate when she admitted to doing it. she's like, "if you need me to do something, don't just touch my stuff, ask me first" liiiiike that's exactly how i felt about that hair in the shower situation just a couple days ago???

then this morning she woke me at 11 am to the sound of her singing loudly in the other room :)

she just left the apartment to go to class and wow it feels incredible to not hear her skyping or singing in the other room. she's killing me inside :)

edit: she told the girl in the room next door she's "never gotten along with a roommate" WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO BE SO INTOLERABLE THEN???
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 18:29 by Kpyna »

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 09, 2016, 21:32 »
 I want to ask this lass out for Valentines Day since it beats staying in.

I just don't know howto ask her.

Torn between texting her something like "fancy doing something/going out (can't decide) on Valentines Day?" or "will you be my Valentine?". The second one is hella cliché but the first one doesn't seem to get to the point.

Idk.

This isn't fun.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 09, 2016, 21:39 »
man, texting is so lame, is there any other way you can ask her? you gotta be one dashing fool for me to agree to a date over text tbh. and option one is the best either way as long as you specify its for valentines day so theres absolutely no confusion

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 09, 2016, 21:45 »
 It's either that or I'll have to find out when she's on break in work and try and meet her :/

It'll be 1 billion times easier in person though, aye.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 09, 2016, 23:42 »
"hey when's your break today? wanna get (food at a food place she likes)? i'm buying!"

wham blam thank u ma'am, ladies love the free food, then she's way less likely to say no in person

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 10, 2016, 00:33 »
 I sent the message earlier ^.^ she hasn't replied so I'm going to leave it until tomorrow dinner time before making other plans.

Hopefully we'll hang out and I can ask in person.

I want to give blood next Monday but it'll mean that I can't go to the gym but my blood type is 0- so I'm more inclined to give blood, save some lives, and have a day off tbh. Gutted that it's the only appointment.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 10, 2016, 02:34 »
Did you end up pulling your back? It might be worth picking up a weightlifting belt for those kind of lifts.

funnily enough my back was fine?????? its my knees which were and are the trouble but theyve been funny for a while now. kinda dont behave right and only feel Right when im sitting on one of them/have them crossed which is prolly a bad sign anyway. i know preferring one side of your body to sit on is a bad sign cos of hip flexor stuff???

doctors were uninterested and vague when i went and asked so i just put the knee braces on when they're playing up and dont take them off till bed that night. im gonna be looking cool and nerdy for summer i think when its shorts weather i guess

tbh i think/hope mastering the actual weighted squat (could barely pull off a supported body weight squat to begin with) has Strongified my back up???? mighta just lifted with my back instead of my knees that day

Aye, the sociology lecturer was a massive nob but her passive-aggression pushed me towards social psychology which, in turn, pushed me towards psychology.

The psychology thing would have also come from when I had some depression and used some very basic CBT without realising it until picking up a book on psychology lol

(sorry i wrote so much btw i was a bit Overstimulated that day. took straight up sunlight right to the face for too long or w/e sends me on a hyper)

aww well at least u got nice stuff out of it in the end. CBT is p good for most things, its just actually Doing it which is the faff for most people. 

kinda wish id taken psychology at some point maybe? it mighta served me better in my current Plans (even tho i dont regret chemistry entirely) but ugh they just still really love Freud and you have to Learn about him and i just can't hack the guy at all. looks at a kid all scared of a horse and is like "hmm yes he fears his dad and his dads massive todger and also the horses todger which i am scanning with my eyes intently represents kleine hans's intense constant need to poop anywhere and everywhere all the time" or whatever

edit:

Just want to hide for a while. I'm struggling so much with everything but I'm too scared to tell anyone properly or do anything about it :) I've not been sleeping or eating properly I'm just exhausted and it's only going to get worse ahaha

as someone who tried to do this it is not worth keeping it in and it makes you hell of frazzled and r****ded after it all. altho i was most likely that way to begin with..................... so uh ANYWAY at least try to find someone to tell even if its a GP or uni counsellor so u can get a sick note or whatever?????????

also i got Distracted from ur earlier post but if the place u work in begins with S and ends with s my condolences, i managed just under 5 years before crashing out horridly and UGH the place is a complete Mess. boy howdy do i have so much greviences about how that place does its thing from the top to bottom.

try to flog a place on a First Aid course if they offer you one (saves u ~300 quid unless the only time its offered is when the two worst people in the store are going and ur like "screw it i'll just pay for one later in life" like me) and then hi-tail it outta there to Social Care or Schools Stuff (a lot of primary school staff on my first aid course. at least half of them) instead cos god do not stay there for longer then is neccessary.

the place just drains the heck outta you confidence-wise way worse than any other career, esp if you're in one of the Metro/Local style ones ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:45 by LOOK AROUND YOG. »
           

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 10, 2016, 02:55 »
im not drunk enoguh AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1451 on: February 10, 2016, 09:05 »
as someone who tried to do this it is not worth keeping it in and it makes you hell of frazzled and r****ded after it all. altho i was most likely that way to begin with..................... so uh ANYWAY at least try to find someone to tell even if its a GP or uni counsellor so u can get a sick note or whatever?????????

also i got Distracted from ur earlier post but if the place u work in begins with S and ends with s my condolences, i managed just under 5 years before crashing out horridly and UGH the place is a complete Mess. boy howdy do i have so much greviences about how that place does its thing from the top to bottom.

try to flog a place on a First Aid course if they offer you one (saves u ~300 quid unless the only time its offered is when the two worst people in the store are going and ur like "screw it i'll just pay for one later in life" like me) and then hi-tail it outta there to Social Care or Schools Stuff (a lot of primary school staff on my first aid course. at least half of them) instead cos god do not stay there for longer then is neccessary.

the place just drains the heck outta you confidence-wise way worse than any other career, esp if you're in one of the Metro/Local style ones ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm registered with a dr at home still but like I messed up my chances when they offered me therapy stuff so I'd be reluctant to go back for this kind of stuff again. I don't know if it's just the time of year but since I came back to uni after Christmas I've just felt pretty crap tbh. Been talking to friends in my class and I think if I can I'll speak to my lecturer today. I've got a reading week in two weeks time so I'm planning on going home and just unwinding.

See I thought they seemed nice to work for? Granted there was none were I lived until like 2011 so I've only really been in them since I moved here. I think supermarket retail in general is awful unless you work in waitrose lo. I work for the one of the ~big 4~ beginning with M ahaha. My old store was like a palace compared to this place, it's a lot bigger and I just hate it. I'd quit in in an instant but I need £££ really and even though it's hell 90% of the time it gets me out of the student bubble.
Didn't think of doing a first aid course it's probably be worthwhile I think. I don't even know when they offer them, they're pushing for everyone to get til trained, no thanks lmao. I'm planning on doing some volunteering when I get myself round to applying at a kids art centre. Ideally and hopefully I'm only going to be there until next August/September 17. Still wanting to go down the pgde route or maybe a masters. Thinking of transferring to another store when I come back after the summer 'yours is too far soz :(' surely all of the stores here can't be that bad??? Plus the fact I'm on a department I had no prior training in so I just got pushed off a cliff last September with everything happening all at once (moving away, uni, work).
this is my problem like I can see the future etc but just hate the present and know it's not going to change any time soon lol

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 10, 2016, 15:19 »
doctors were uninterested and vague when i went and asked so i just put the knee braces on when they're playing up and dont take them off till bed that night. im gonna be looking cool and nerdy for summer i think when its shorts weather i guess

kinda wish id taken psychology at some point maybe? it mighta served me better in my current Plans (even tho i dont regret chemistry entirely) but ugh they just still really love Freud and you have to Learn about him and i just can't hack the guy at all.

I had to butcher the post so I didn't flag up that plagiarism but knee supports are pretty ace! I've got one that I swap from knee to knee but they only really play up after squats or when it's cold. They're pretty fab in general.

Psychology is really interesting so far but we only briefly touched on Freud and the majority of what we did was criticisms because of how his stuff was. One of his patients was afraid of dogs so he linked that to the patient walking in on his parents doing the deed doggy-style...

It would totally be worth it to see if you could do A-Level psychology since I think that would involve Freud more but it'll depend on where it is :p

There was a bit on eugenics and that was... like... really interesting since I had only read about the Nazis doing it but it was pretty popular in America at one point and they did some pretty nasty things to immigrants (from what I remember).

The Bell Curve might be worth a read. Charles Murray was one of the authors but I only remember him from sociology since he's the guy for The New Right and they're like "lmao underclass scum" which is below the working class and all that stuff was pretty interesting.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 10, 2016, 15:40 »
I really want to download some music from the film short circuit 2 (from the scene "bad humans") But the soundtrack was never realised!  :(
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 10, 2016, 18:48 »
I have a mock exam this Friday, about a week ago I was thinking "yeah I'll be okay, I'm feeling good and positive". This week? Basically I relapsed proper bad last Thursday and it's stayed awful since, bc depression and anxiety piled on top of exam stress and a huge lack of friends = personal nightmare. I'm referring myself to the college counsellor but even with that and support group, I feel like I'm bound to go even lower than this. It's overwhelming me far too much. I don't want to be all "blame mental health not me for flopping the exam" but it's made trying to revise so much harder than it should be. I could probably still get a D grade but I'd be better off without this crap going on.

Someone messaged me asking me what's up, I explain it all (expect for one really personal thing he shouldn't know about me), but he's all "yeah i know how you feel" and talks about how he's with a girl who dissociates--as I mentioned dissociation. Him knowing how I feel isn't...very useful. I mean, he's reassuring me that I'm not alone I guess but that's all I feel I can get out of him mentioning his knowledge of my feelings???? Well, not like you can know exactly how someone is feeling, which sorta makes me think saying "i know how you feel" seems kind of useless.