Author Topic: Around 2 years ago, my account turned a decade old  (Read 7520 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Around 2 years ago, my account turned a decade old
« on: February 27, 2014, 20:16 »
Where has the time gone?  I want to use this thread as a nostalgia thread of sorts, with some emphasis on my awesome legacy here, but with much emphasis on how most of us here have grown and what we're doing with our lives.  It's almost an annual thread now, but it's one I hope you gys are looking forward to every year.

I'll make a bigger post later, because I have to print something out THEN do a mock presentation (I'm presenting some research I just did in Denver next week!) but I want to get the ball rolling with this thread.

Love yall,

Raven
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Around 2 years ago, my account turned a decade old
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 20:45 »
my original account would be turning 10 years old in December, that's crazy to me. i feel hella old thinking that.

in 10 years i don't think i've really changed all that much (but maybe i have? i don't really remember young me). maybe i'm a bit more mean now but i dunno. i remember i used to want to be a writer like 10 years ago but i definitely don't any more haha. i don't feel anywhere near creative enough nowadays. i think i'm probably a lot more reserved nowadays as well. i used to post a fair amount back in the day (i don't think i ever got over like 1k posts total tho), but now i don't really post at all. i put that down to a lack of interests, since i won't post in stuff i don't really care about i guess, whereas back then i would've posted anyway probably.

i remember doing spriting and stuff, even tho i was always pretty bad at it. it was fun though so why not i guess. think i used to rp a bit as well, but i haven't had a reason to do it for a loooooooong time.

pkmn.net has been a fairly big part of my life for a long time, 2004-2009 this was like the only place i ever interacted with other people online on a regular basis, and all my online friends came from here, but then i got into streaming and stuff and the live chatting and stuff while watching video games was always more appealing to me i guess. still love coming here tho, even if i do just lurk and most of the people i were friends with back in the day aren't around as much/at all any more. i mostly fell out of touch with them anyway so i'm not too upset i guess. they were cool kids tho.

right now i'm at College doing a Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in ICT which is cool i guess. the natural progression would be to go into an IT based job but in an ideal world I'd get to go into something related to eSports because that's my passion, so we'll see how that goes I guess.

these topics are always pretty great because i get reminded of stuff i'd forgotten about. looking forward to seeing what everyone else shares~

also muhed's legacy isn't awesome it's bad like him and all (almost) 20k of his posts l0l get bodied bud j/k ur hella cool
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 20:51 by Del »
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 20:47 »
Denver huh? Considering the Mile High Miracle, I find that ironic.

Still, cheers man. I'll have been on the site 3 years come July. You know a lot about the NFL, which is nice. I've also heard you're a competitive battler worth his salt, who almost beat Rich (which is a miracle in its own right). We have to have a battle sometime.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Wolstenholme

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 21:14 »
my original account would be turning 10 years old in December, that's crazy to me. i feel hella old thinking that.

You joined when you were 9? Holy cow!

Umm my account was 2 years old on the 21st of December 2013. I'm a real veteran  ;)

I guess I have changed quite a bit it two years though, when I first joined I was annoying as hell because I was just tryin'a be cool and failing miserably (still do).
Then I went through this stage when I used  ^.^ on like every post.
It's still my favourite smiley but omg it is like never appropriate.

Now I'm just like.... um my usual ridiculous self.

As for what I was doing then and what I'm doing now.
When I joined I was 13 (almost 14) and that meant I was doing GCSEs - in that year I was doing History and Spanish. (I used to be good at Spanish haahaha what does hola even mean?)
Now I'm 17 and doing A-levels.

Technically I haven't changed all that much haha

It's hard for me to be nostalgic here but I wanted to join the party woop woop

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 21:41 »
You joined when you were 9? Holy cow!

nah i think i was 10? yeah i would've been 10 in December 2004, since i'll be 20 this year. so long ago now wow i feel old
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wolstenholme

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 21:42 »
That's still really hard to grasp. 10 years. Wow...

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 21:57 »
Pretty sure the topic title means days and not years! =P

Congrats though, Muhed! Man, it's crazy to think you've been here for 10 years! Time has gone by so quickly! I still remember the good ol' days when I looked to you and Raph to provide me with competitive battling knowledge. I think it was you that revealed the shocking secret that you can trade between Ruby and FireRed (I was a dumb kid okay), which meant I could raise Blaziken on FireRed and that meant a lot to me for some reason.

And if it means anything at all, I bet Muhed would still kick my ass if we played competitive 3rd gen!

I'm going on 9 years myself, so next year I get to make one of these topics and shoot the confetti shotgun and what have you. I've changed a lot since then, and a fair amount of that change has to do with this forum's members. I'm not quite as stubborn, not quite as clueless, and not quite as ~dark and mysterious~ (read: immature and stupid) as I was. I've got more to say, but I'll save that for when I make one of these topics next year. This is a day to celebrate Muhed's legacy!

Congrats again man. Here's to hopefully another 10 years!
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 22:00 »
It is funny to think... Joined this website nearly 9 years ago, being 9 years old. I remember my dad looking at this website to decide if it was appropriate and he only told me I wasnt allowed to post in random randomness, and I created my account with him. I started role playing almost right away, and got hooked on PUK.  I remember when I was like 10 I got my signature disabled and I was crying so hard because I didnt know what I did, so my dad sent an email to joeno to ask what happened xD

I just have these vivid memories of getting home from school, and getting right on here and role playing like crazy.

I still remember how hurt I felt when a user named glenwing told me to "crawl in a corner and die in the nicest way possible"

... And I just figured out what college ill be attending next year. Makes you realize how fast time really goes.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 22:08 »
I've been here for 7 years now.
When I joined I was a socially awkward 13 year old who liked pokemon and green day, that hasn't changed lmao.
I got into spriting and did that for a while before going on to irc. I lived on #sp from 2008 - 2010 and that spawned various injokes like Bob, quoot, EXPOLODE and other stuff <3 did so many weird requests like custom trainers for Jamie from two pints of lager and one for John from Superjail. Also the castform with a bra for SR. Started drawing more in 2009, have gotten better or so I'd like to think aha. I rpd for a while too, remember Loz's within the within beyond the beyond and you are special. Also thauxan with its crazy page numbers and sequels.
I remember soooo much stuff from over the years, it's crazy how big a part of my teenage years this place was..
I deleted my account in 2011 but came back after like 2 months lol.
I'm now 20 and studying a design hnd. Still doing something arty after all those years!
I love these threads, old faces pop up.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 22:19 »
Yes I meant days -_-

Brb class
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 23:56 »
ew my account is eight years old
haha i don't wanna think what i was like
probably like every other annoying twelve yr old
now i am just an annoying twenty yr old lmao

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 00:03 »
damn muhed are you like 40
lol so my accounts only 3 months old
but ive been here 4 years on multiple accounts
and back in 2010
i was an annoying little 10 year old
or 11 year old
i talked a lot
and i was stupid as hell lol
now im an annoying fourteen year old
that talks too much
and is stupid as hell

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 00:27 »
since this is the "how long have we been here" topic now ive only been here 3 years hahahaha im a puk poseur

probably for the best tho given what i was like 10 years ago
           

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 00:35 »
All accounts considered I've been here roughly 5 and a half years (on and off)

Damn
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:49 by Gurren Lagann »

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 10:08 »
Erm wow, I've been here for over 9 years... Don't really remember becoming active until I was in Uni though.

Lots of fun competing at MKDS Time Trials.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/