Author Topic: Your Top 10 Pokemon Games  (Read 905 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kitt

• Lone Warrior
  • Rob Fan
  • Lone Warrior
    • View Profile
Your Top 10 Pokemon Games
« on: March 11, 2015, 04:31 »
Lets share countdowns as to which group of games were the best and why.

Here's mine.

10. RBY- too old for me
9. GSC- Still too old but Johto was cooler
8. DPP- Contests killed it for me
7. BW- Team Plasma was not as amazing as in the remakes
6. B2W2- great remakes but the League became confusing to me.
5. XY- never played yet
4. ORAS- never played yet
3. FRLG- it had an amazing plot but sadly a little on the olds side.
2. RSE- same as FRLG
1. HGSS- great remakes of great games. I loved Johto and I liked the feature that lets you walk with your Pokemon.

What about ya'll?

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Your Top 10 Pokemon Games
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 14:25 »
1. RBY
2. RSE
3. Stadium 1
4. FRLG
5. GSC
6. BW
7. Snap
8. Pinball
9. MD
10. Colosseum

I guess?

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 18:42 »
1) G/S - THE nostalgia game for me, I couldn't not put this as number one. Amazing game too. This is the game all my good memories are attached to. The region is great, soundtrack even better.
2) HG/SS - Should really be number one, it made G/S so much better. All the good things we'd gotten from RSE and DPPt were crammed in along with the Pokewalker, it was like nostalgia on steroids that still stands today as being one of the best Pokemon games of all time.
3) RBY - My first Pokemon games, up here because of significance really. I find the mechanics are harder to go back to than even G/S. Kanto wasn't my favorite region, but even out of historic context the first 151 Pokemon are fantastic.
4) DPPt - I loved Gen IV, this felt like such a huge comeback compared to RSE which I never liked much. So many legendaries, amazing region, great new Pokemon. I feel the anime had rejuvenated sometime around here too and Wi-Fi was just the icing on the cake. Pokemon on the DS felt like such a jump.
5) X/Y - Fantastic region, felt like light at the end of the tunnel compared to the darkness of BW/BW2. The new Pokemon were great and so many features make the game insanely playable even today.
6) OR/AS - Maybe a tentative entry as I'm still only at Fortree right now. Very enjoyable, the region has been made much more interesting than I found the original Hoenn. Pokenav is great, loads of features.
7) BW2 - Improved greatly on B/W and felt much more like Pokemon should. Still had some of the dark, more industrious elements of BW Unova but opened up so much more of the map. Could have been incredible if it wasn't living in BWs shadow.
8) FRLG - Even when this was freshly released I didn't have much interest in going back to Kanto. Did a good job bringing everything to colour in the GBA style and added some interesting new features/locations but overall I was fairly apathetic.
9) RSE - Never liked Hoenn much and I don't know why. I felt like R/S came from a very different angle to G/S/C/R/B/Y and I had trouble believing it was the Pokemon world, it felt more like a fan game. Still introduced loads of great things into the gameplay.
10) BW - Maximum effort on the story but I didn't like it much anyway. Felt far too much like it was chasing the nighttime anime trend in Japan at the time by following typical anime cliches. The region was so dark and depressing in comparison to HG/SS and all the Pokemon seemed to feel like bad knock-offs of Gen I Pokemon. In retrospect, it's more interesting but at the time I wondered if Pokemon was finished.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 19:33 »
cant remember 10 off the top of my head but

silver and gale of darkness are definitely in the top 3

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 22:18 »
10.) RB- The games that started it all.
9.) Crystal- Mainly for its introduction of playing as a female character and animated sprites for Pokemon.
8.) BW- Easily two of the darkest Pokemon games in the series.
7.) FRLG- The very first remakes and the music was great. Mt. Moon's piano solo was a favorite of mine.
6.) Yellow- Pikachu following you was the best part and the actual speaking voice it gave made the game so much fun and unique on so many levels.
5.) Platinum- I prefer this over Diamond and Pearl due to it's expanded Pokedex, Battle Frontier addition, and animated Gym Leader sprites.
4.) BW2- I loved the expanded story these games gave and the addition of being able to open shops that help you hatch and raise Pokemon and get hard to find items with ease. I swear that the 5th Gen just loved giving us Master Balls.
3.) HGSS- The PokeWalker and Pokemon following you made these remakes even better than the originals. Plus Whitney and Clair were easier to take out than before thanks to the GTS.
2.) XY- The graphics were great, the addition of the Fairy type shook the game up in a way not seen since Gen 3 when Abilities were introduced, and the Mega Evolutions added flare to many Pokemon that saw little to no use.
1.) ORAS- These remakes made Hoenn even better than before and I love the Mirage Spots and how it is even easier to find Feebas in the two specific locations where you are guaranteed to catch one while fishing. The music is even better and I love how the Safari Zone now has no restrictions. I have gotten many rare Pokemon with the NavDex. These two are easily the best in the series!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!