Author Topic: what's saddening you right now?  (Read 340352 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Paul200

Re: what's depressing you right now?
« Reply #1335 on: July 15, 2010, 00:52 »
I was in a singing competition last week and I sang the male version of Love Story and I've just gotten a call from a guy who was at the contest and he's really interested in my voice and wants me to go see him during the week, because he said "you could actually be the next Taylor Swift." <3

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I'm so happy!! :D
No.

At around 3 O' clock yesterday, I had lunch with the guy who was interested in my voice. It was going well, he was telling me stories of people who he's managed and that have gone off, travelling to America and stuff, and then he brought me to his studio, with my mom, and there were others there. Anyway, I had to sing in front of them all, so I sang "Teardrops On My Guitar" (male version) and when it was over everyone said I did really well, and my mom was almost crying, like with happiness! But then Niall (guy who liked my voice) took me aside and more or less said that no, they actually weren't interested in me, because:
a) I'm not appealing enough to the eyes. (Braces, average-looking)
b) They think I'm too much of a 'Taylor Swift' in the sense that the idea's been done, and no one would be interested in me. Plenty of people have gone the 'country teen' route before.
c)I'm too young, apparently.

But he said that if I tried really, really hard and that karma was good to me, then maybe, just maybe, I could work on stage as a backing singer or backstage. How lovely of him.

"Teardrops on my guitar" is a pretty accurate song to sing, as it's one of the only things I've been doing since five. )':

Offline Apprentice

• Grand Wizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Remember to like, comment, subscribe,
    • View Profile
    • Vinesauce
« Reply #1336 on: July 15, 2010, 03:18 »

I'm sorry, but these are just bull.
@A: I don't understand about what looks have anything to do with singing. Susan Boyle, for an example.
@C: Justin Bieber's the same age as you, so this isn't a viable reason.
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ s q u a d ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 15, 2010, 03:56 »
paul, to let you know, i've never heard you sing before, but just to let you know, there is no way you want to get signed by a guy who cares about your looks and age. 'cause what he's trying to do is pretty much turn you into some charming teenage star appearing in J-14 and stuff, who little teenage girls are gonna swarm around. honestly, let's look at teenage stars like, say, aaron carter.

wait, aaron carter? who the hells that kid? i google imaged him and he looks like a pile of sticks!

anyways, someone who will use you right will take you one day if you keep trying. you know all of those people who were interested in your voice? maybe your name will carry over. you never know. just saying, regardless, if i had people who were stoked to hear me sing, even if they sound out that i sounded like 7 screeching condors, knowing that people were impressed would be a huge honor.

whats bringing me down? one of my guy friends, swear to god cross my heart one of the sweetest guys i know is gonna get him heart broken the next time he gets on facebook. treat a girl like crap, she treats you like gold. treat a girl like gold, she treats you like crap. just lemme say that it involves some skinny little bottomfeeder who thinks he's the toughest thing around getting her to admit she likes him and then going like: 'naw, you like him (my guys friend) and its stupid you're still hung up on him.'

wanna know something else hilarious? after the girl admitted how much she cared about him, the guy goes and texts my best friend and confesses his feelings for her, and then goes ahead and starts talking to this girl then saying how she's all hung up.

and she keeps on going like: 'no i dont like him, i love you. i love you. don't let a guy i used to like get between us, please'

there are some girls i kinda wish i could just go like: 'he doesnt love you and you shouldn't love him.' but she'd just get angry despite it being true. ugh.

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 15, 2010, 09:56 »
b) They think I'm too much of a 'Taylor Swift' in the sense that the idea's been done, and no one would be interested in me. Plenty of people have gone the 'country teen' route before.
I'm sorry, but these are just bull.
@A: I don't understand about what looks have anything to do with singing. Susan Boyle, for an example.
@C: Justin Bieber's the same age as you, so this isn't a viable reason.

Agreed 100% here. Looks mean nothing in the music industry. If everything was based around looks, we'd have an army of untalented 'musicians' on our hands...(I use musicians very lightly there...)

And tbh, it doesn't matter about age. You could be any age to go far. But I can see why he'd say it from his perspective. Being 16/17, your voice still hasn't fully developed. Although it won't be that much different to how it is now I'd have thought...meh tbh you're better off finding someone who's GENUINELY interested in your voice, and in helping you achieve great things in music, rather than finding someone who's searching for the next Justin Beiber.
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Paul200

« Reply #1339 on: July 15, 2010, 17:28 »
Yeah, thanks guys.

I'm back from the orthodontist, and my mouth is in labour. /: I can barely eat anything.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 15, 2010, 18:08 »
tonsillitis is painful, especially with a cold as well. :(

Offline Piccolami.

• Joeno Fan
  • cheers Rich for the Rocket Ampharos <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: July 15, 2010, 22:07 »
The adorable baby eagle that we got last week died today =[
human beings in a mob
what's a mob to a king
what's a king to a god
what's a god to a non believer
who don't believe in
anything

Offline Darkness Energy

• Railgun Fan
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Pokémon #77 Ponyta in the PKMN Crew 3!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 16, 2010, 16:47 »
I just got back from a holiday where I met this amazing guy. It only took us 2 days to hook up!

But now we are both back home, and his is in the USA! Even though we are still together, we cant see each other for a whole year when we go on another trip.  :(
Credits to QC for Ponytaball and Lanturnball!

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 16, 2010, 21:40 »
je l'ai encore dans mon cœur
et je ne peux pas me débarrasse de lui

Love and its impossibility sometimes is crushing.

Offline kerri-anne

• Squirrels are back again
  • Joeno Fan
  • the pirate squirrels
    • View Profile
    • world of talli
« Reply #1344 on: July 18, 2010, 09:58 »

Curtis: Hairmutt wouldn't speak to me after our falling out last night.
what should I make you ?

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 19, 2010, 14:39 »
I miss one of my old housemates. She gave such good hugs, like being enveloped in a short marshmallow.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1346 on: July 19, 2010, 19:22 »
I hate myself.

because there was a moth today and it touched my finger and I screamed like a five year old.

urgh stupid heart was also going like asdfghjkl;

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: July 19, 2010, 19:24 »
haha, I get a bit like that with flies.  Not screaming but ewwwww sorta thing.

won't kill 'em though.  They just creep me out.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1348 on: July 19, 2010, 19:32 »
haha, I get a bit like that with flies.  Not screaming but ewwwww sorta thing.

won't kill 'em though.  They just creep me out.

I'm like it with anything that will inadvertently fly into you - butterflies included. I hate being afraid of everything ;-;

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: July 19, 2010, 19:37 »
Tip: Don't ever watch the early The Fly movie, I'm too terrifed to.