Author Topic: Pokémon you never used to use, but now you love  (Read 3701 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Pokémon you never used to use, but now you love
« on: December 31, 2013, 16:27 »
Everyone has them, those pokemon that you ignored on your first run through and when you played that game again you added them for some random reason and now you love it - so what are yours?

In my current run through SS, I'm loving Quagsire! I only got it to cover Meganiums grass weakness, but it's doing amazing and it's really cute xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon you never used to use, but now you love
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 17:23 »
Damn, where do I start?

• Emboar. I guess I started liking it when I saw I had to choose a BW starter, but at that point I thought all of them sucked. I always went for the Fire types, so I chose Tepig. And I regret nothing.

• Krookodile. It looks incredible with the red and black color scheme, and the Moxie ability is kickass.

• Blaziken. Always thought it was overrated (to be honest, I still do), but the Mega Evolution made me want one ASAP.

• Rampardos. Never liked it. That is, before I saw the immense Attack stat. All of the others may be abysmal, but that Attack stat is through the roof.

• Weavile. I hated it at first because it took so long to evolve for me, due to the absence of a Razor Claw. Then I fell in love with Dark types, saw my Weavile again and decided to give it a second chance. And damn, it is awesome. Also caught a shiny one on Black.

• Lastly... SCRAFTY. That's right, I didn't like Scrafty at all when I first saw it. I hated it because it looked like a guy who lost all his lottery money, but when Grimsley's Scrafty kept beating up my team, I decided to catch a Scraggy and evolve it, training it to the point where it could fight the Elite Four. As always, my team was getting beaten crapless by Grimsley's gangsta lizard, so I bought out my own. My Scrafty trashed his, and went on to destroy the Elite Four with the all-powerful Moxie.

Needs more Gengar

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 17:26 »
ILLUMISE OMG

ive always thought it was such a boring bug, but i caught it on some game and AHHH THIS THINGS COOL LOLOLOL

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 17:27 »

• Rampardos. Never liked it. That is, before I saw the immense Attack stat. All of the others may be abysmal, but that Attack stat is through the roof.

Oh yeah, I used to think it was a bit weird, then saw 165 Base Attack and proceeded to destroy Diamond. Suddenly it became quite high my favourites list too xD

Torterra is another one for me actually, I used to think it was ugly and refused to evolve my Grotle but then I used it once and now I love it

ILLUMISE OMG

ive always thought it was such a boring bug, but i caught it on some game and AHHH THIS THINGS COOL LOLOLOL

WHY ISNT IT BUG/ELECTRIC GODDAMMIT???? Seriously, it'd be so much cooler if it was =/
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 18:21 »
dusclops man, stick an eviolite on it and it just does not die. Saved me many times by just shoving a burn on something then stalling for time

Offline Zubatman

• Un Macho y Caballero
  • Psythor Fan
  • Zubats are not to be taken lightly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 20:35 »
Zubats used to be really annoying, until it and Numel saved my team back in Emerald... I also never cared for Trapinch, but it was easier to train than my poor Bagon who collects like .89 exp a battle, so it was a snag. Then there is Chesnaught...

Hated this things living guts and hoped it never existed, but after a week it grew on me with the help of Fan art and I cant bring myself to box my Chesnaught.
"All men do not know when to stop, but Macho men know their limits and push them further, like a taco you know you've overstuffed."
                               -Uncle Jorge

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 03:35 »
i was also never big on azumarill until recently, its pretty cool.. should be ou imho

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 09:53 »
Azumarill will definitely be OU this gen.

As for me, Terrakion was nothing special when I first saw it, but in 5th gen I used it on nearly every team. Rotom-W is another that I didn't really care about at first, but gaining the Electric/Water typing really made it awesome. It's like Lanturn, but... you know, cooler.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 13:32 »
Kingdra. Richard knows why xD
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Wolstenholme

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 13:40 »
Meganium. When I first saw it I said "what a dumb flower thing. it's green too what a horrible colour" and now I just

happy flower dinosaur

why didn't I like it?

&also Carbink it's fab.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 15:31 »
Kingdra. Richard knows why xD

I'm gonna need you to never use Kingdra ever again. We can't let people know what it does. We cannot
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 16:29 »
I'm gonna need you to never use Kingdra ever again. We can't let people know what it does. We cannot

Haha, you just know you can't counter it xD

HEY EVERYONE - guess what a good Kingdra moveset is?
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Mew King

• Some Sort of Grad Student of Sorts
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Now even Manaphy wants to kill you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 16:42 »
In terms of that, I learned to never underestimate Sharpedo, or as my friends call it Halfshark.  Ridiculously fast, when paired with a focus sash it seems to take down half my team when controlled by my friends.  They call it my one weakness.  I typically win against everyone, but Halfshark typically kills at least two or so of my team.  It doesn't help that there always seems to be some sort of Waterfall Flinch Hax every time I face it where I rarely not flinch against it.

As for actual guys that surprise me when I use it and I like it, it has to be Emboar.  I used the other two starters in White and Black so I wanted to try Emboar in Black 2.  I didn't mind it now.  IT's slow but it's definitely usable...especially when I taught mine Scald.

I also didn't appreciate the Lillipup line until I was nearly trashed by Lenora.
Gary was here.  Ash is a loser.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 16:43 »
I had that thing of a Kingdra against me recently...it was a mini-nightmare.

I suppose I never used Mawile before but I like it now :)

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 16:45 »
As for actual guys that surprise me when I use it and I like it, it has to be Emboar.  I used the other two starters in White and Black so I wanted to try Emboar in Black 2.  I didn't mind it now.  IT's slow but it's definitely usable...especially when I taught mine Scald.

Emboar has been a favorite of mine for a while. Reckless + Choice Scarf + Superpower, Wild Charge, Flare Blitz and Earthquake

= PAIN.

Needs more Gengar