Author Topic: Nuzlocke in Runescape  (Read 788 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Nuzlocke in Runescape
« on: August 31, 2014, 11:52 »
Apparently, Jagex is planning on making a game mode available for newly created accounts which is effectively a Nuzlocke challenge!

In this so-called Iron Man challenge mode, players are unable to use the Grand Exchange or trade with one another, effectively making you have to do everything on your own. Also, if the character dies, you are unable to log into that character again!

I honestly don't see how this is going to work, some quests (namely, Shield of Arrav and Heroes Quest) require the co-operation of two players that have to trade items with each other to complete the quests.

Are you going to try doing this when the game mode is released?
How long will you last?
How will Jagex be able to do this with quests that require two players?

Discuss.

Edit: Here is the news post by Jagex.

Think you know RuneScape inside out? Do you prefer to be completely self-sufficient? If you’re the RS version of Bear Grylls, we have something for you at the end of this month.

Taking inspiration from the popular community-invented ‘Ironman Challenge’ we're creating an official mode for it within RuneScape. This is an experimental project, so we expect lots of feedback, and if it proves popular we may further enhance this first version.

On account setup, you’ll be able to choose between Ironman and Hardcore Ironman modes. These can be toggled off but never on.

Ironman Mode stops you from trading, using the Grand Exchange, staking in the Duel Arena and gaining XP in several multiplayer situations. Basically, you’re on your own. Anything you want to use or fight with, has to be made or gained by you. You must be utterly self-sufficient.

Hardcore Ironman adds a twist. If you die, you will not be able log back into that character again. Death is a very final, permanent end, so you better think twice before you wander into a hazardous situation. Think seismic wands are a cinch to get hold of? Try to get one - we double-dare you.

Ironman and Hardcore Ironman players will be identified in-game via a unique chat badge, similar to the Premier Club badge, and hiscores will celebrate the most iron of men and women. Let’s see who rises to the challenge.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:58 by Petzbreeder »

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Nuzlocke in Runescape
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 13:58 »
I haven't played Runescape for about 8 years (is it really that old now? wow) but I'm sure I would have loved this if it was implemented back then.

Had some good times on Runescape; when I first got Full Rune Armour >>>>>>