Author Topic: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?  (Read 529867 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PiPlUp_94

Re: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?
« Reply #855 on: November 08, 2010, 17:23 »
Can't sync certain songs to my little brother's ipod shuffle. I can't fill it with heaps of 'explicit' songs considering he's only 5 :V

and i left my phone and ipod at home today. It was a hard day D;

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 08, 2010, 17:44 »
And now I think they want to send a letter to me, since they asked for my address... and I'm a little confused because I have no idea why they'd want to send me a letter.
An anthrax detector would be a wise investment.

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 08, 2010, 17:57 »
I shouldn't be complaining. I really shouldn't. I really, really shou..

The manager at work mentioned to me that he wants me in every day, and so what was originally going to be 3 days a week, and as far as I was made away when I took the job, may well end up being 5. So what am I complaining about? Well, I'd planned to use the other 3 days (Saturday is MY day of rest, football, and visiting people) to get a nice part time job in retail, over the Christmas period, which, when combined with the Office job, would give me a nice amount of experience for my planned career beginning at the Cashier Position in a High Street Bank.

I just don't like being messed around. I like to be told clear, pure and simple, where I'm going to go, what hours I'm meant to do, etc, etc. Mehh. I want to take the retail jobs, I want that diversity in two jobs.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #858 on: November 08, 2010, 18:07 »
I shouldn't be complaining. I really shouldn't. I really, really shou..

yup

I just don't like being messed around.

Sounds like you're messing them around by getting another job and not being available for them. Honestly, just sounds like you're understanding that working life is hard and sucks and if you want money you gotta do what they say.

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 08, 2010, 18:11 »
Sounds like you're messing them around by getting another job and not being available for them. Honestly, just sounds like you're understanding that working life is hard and sucks and if you want money you gotta do what they say.

Wasn't so much me messing them around.

I got told a few months back there was 3 days a week at most available to me, but then they didn't contact me until two weeks ago when they told me I'd be starting the following Monday (this on the Thursday night). In the mean time I'd applied to other jobs. When I asked what hours I'd be getting, the only thing they told me was Mon-Wed 9-5. So I wanted a weekend job to make those wages up, but now they've told me that the plan may be altered to Mon-Friday.

Mehh. =P. If they tell me they want me 5 days a week, then yes, I'll do that, and be extremely grateful for my employment. It's the "maybes" that I dislike because I wouldn't mind either of the other part-time jobs available for me, and I don't want to turn them away only to get told a few days later that the plan has changed again and I'm only doing 3 as originally planned.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
i hope you find your way

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #860 on: November 08, 2010, 18:16 »
Why don't you take some initiative and ask them if they'll have you 5 days? If things are unclear, you need to make them clear or else somewhere down the line it could come back and bite you in the bum bum. Especially where working hours are concerned, if you're doing more than you're contracted for and not getting paid for example then there's an issue. If they can't give you a straight answer then force their hand by saying you're looking at other jobs with more hours and see if they take the bait ;)

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 08, 2010, 18:24 »
Why don't you take some initiative and ask them if they'll have you 5 days? If things are unclear, you need to make them clear or else somewhere down the line it could come back and bite you in the bum bum. Especially where working hours are concerned, if you're doing more than you're contracted for and not getting paid for example then there's an issue. If they can't give you a straight answer then force their hand by saying you're looking at other jobs with more hours and see if they take the bait ;)

Not so much looking at other jobs with more hours.

I know the manager quite well which is probably why he's been more relaxed with this than I'd hopefully assume he is with others. I'm getting paid for the hours I do, but because there's a lot to be known about the role before I can do it, even at a part time level, I've had to shadow the person whose role I'll be taking a part of. So that's all there and fine.

I've pushed the manager this afternoon actually, I've told him I wanted to know what the plan was because I was planning other things, and taking a weekend job which whilst wouldn't interfere with this job, I do want to know what I'm doing in terms of this so that I can tell the others what I can and can't do, as well as wanting to know where I'm going and what the entire plan is. Same with the kid who's training me, he's moving on to another role in the company, but was told he'd still be doing 2 days a week in that role.

-shrugs-

Just gotta push him tomorrow when he rings me up to let me know about Wednesday. Like anybody, I just don't appreciate being not in the know about what hours I'm meant to be doing, especially when they told me it'd be all lined out by the end of last week, and when I've got part-time work offers there.

Ohwell ^^; Thanks for the advice.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
i hope you find your way

gunnybunny2

« Reply #862 on: November 08, 2010, 18:54 »
Still waiting to start that roleplay. :-/

ginrei

« Reply #863 on: November 08, 2010, 19:10 »
Some people have really selective and/or short memories.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #864 on: November 08, 2010, 19:26 »
i pulled a muscle in my stomach

like, wth. it was by sneezing too. like, wth even mooooore

Webby2

« Reply #865 on: November 08, 2010, 20:37 »
I'm waiting for the call to go out and it always takes forever; seems longer than it actually is etc. =/

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #866 on: November 08, 2010, 21:24 »
Generally everything in my life. I'm giving the happy topic a miss tonight. :/
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 08, 2010, 22:29 »
The xmas stuff, URGH. I'm in a relatively xmassy mood now, but within a couple of weeks I'll be sick of it and by xmas I'll loathe anyone who even mentions it. Stupid early advertising.

Offline #Emma---#

• 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • =]
    • View Profile
    • My DA - PinkBlueBlackRed
« Reply #868 on: November 09, 2010, 00:10 »
I decided to go out for a run earlier with the running society (even though there was rubbish weather outside), but instead of running 4 miles I came back after like 20 minutes because I realised I had done something to my hamstring. I carried on running because I thought it may go away, but it looks like I've made it worse ¬¬ I have no idea what I've done or how I did it, but it hurts and makes me walk funny >> I'm hoping it will get better soon, and I'm annoyed that going out for that run turned out to be really pointless.

I'm also not feeling too well yet again. I think there is another bug going round, so it looks like this week isn't going to be too great.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 09, 2010, 01:43 »
i hate it when your good friend becomes best friends with your enemy.

and he gives really good hugs but they're not quite as good because they feel a little tainted.