Author Topic: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?  (Read 530340 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Sunnii

• Boom shaka laka
  • Sentret Fan
  • Movie Geek (:
    • View Profile
Re: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?
« Reply #1410 on: December 29, 2010, 02:36 »
That I am also depressed. It sucks and it means I iss out on a lot. Its bugging me like mad D:
Pompeii - Bastille <3

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 29, 2010, 21:34 »
I have like 16 Fire Stones sitting idle in my Diamond and I need ONE for my HG.. same goes for the 20+ leafstones, 19 thunderstones, 11 water stones, and 18 everstones.. ugh.

PiPlUp_94

« Reply #1412 on: December 29, 2010, 21:39 »
I'm not allowed to have friends up on friday for new years because there's no way for them to get home >> and no-ones allowed to stay ugh. Looks like i'll be getting wasted by myself then :v

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #1413 on: December 30, 2010, 20:42 »
From my Facebook page. A nice little rant.

There's a takeaway in Walsall near my flat. Actually there are about ten or twelve in a short walk, and out of all of them, this is the BEST one. Every week myself and Jimmy Redfern (and sometimes two accomplices who have similar culinary tastes) head there on 'Sizla Tuesday' because we LOVE anything fried or breaded. Come to think of it, given the choice we probably would eat fried breaded bread. It's been the same order just about every week for the last three months: Two 10'' stuffed crust pizzas covered in whatever topping we haven't tried yet and the guy behind the counter gets it right every time AND with a smile on his face, as well as sometimes chucking a freebie or discounting our total cost.

Compare this to the Subway both next to the train station AND next to the town hall:

I have YET to get my order correct without having to tell three different people what I want, repeat myself half a dozen times; supervise the assembly of the food so they don't leave out the Chipottle Southwest or give me the wrong salad, manually check the bag to make sure all the assorted paraphernalia is included and then I still have to get my own drinks, napkins, cutlery, and straws from a separate self-serve "island" in the middle of the shop. One time I was in there buying for a couple of mates from Uni at an unnamed branch of Subway: The total came to £16.17. I handed the kid £21.25. He looked at the money in his hand for a solid thirty seconds before looking up at me with a truly helpless look on his face. He had a till in front of him, presumably with some kind of calculating device in it. Calling on the arithmetic skills I learned 15 years ago in the year one; I had to explain to him the change was £5.08. There was a look of sheer joy and self-fulfillment as it dawned on him I had intentionally given him more money than was necessary in the hope of getting a £5 note back. He seemed to be thinking that was a really clever trick that he would use in the future to flummox some other poor cashier.

I can remember a time in the not so distant past when you walked into a fast food restaurant, placed your order ONCE to a person for whom English was their first and best language; AND they even assembled all the ad-juncts AND poured your drink for you. They were also knowledgeable about what was on their own menu and when you asked for an item they didn't look at you with a blank stare as if you'd just asked for a recitation of the "to be or not to be" soliloquy from Hamlet.

I absolutely guarantee a few years from now you'll walk into Burger King and you won't ever interact with a human employee during your whole stay. You'll punch your own order into a kiosk, swipe your credit card, and your food will tumble out of a chute onto your tray. Essentially YOU will be the employee; and you'll be paying THEM for the privilege. If you should encounter a human being they won't even speak English (or any other language either) they'll be language-less troglodytes communicating only through primitive grunts and gestures; instructed solely by a machine that beeps and flashes symbols telling them what food to prepare and when to go to the toilet.

Although that said, given the state of some service stations I've visited in the last year or so, I think they're beginning to use the floor as the toilet

More and more the onus or responsibility for customer-satisfaction is put on the customer himself. We check out and bag our own groceries, do our banking on the computer, download specific songs off the internet without having to buy the whole album, make our own sundaes and research our options before ever leaving the house. Our society, culture, and economy are centered entirely on the acquisition of goods and services. I don't think it's any coincidence that the worse the service gets, the more our economy goes down the toilet. Of course, this isn't limited to Subways nor is it limited to the Midlands. I've had similar dismal service at fast food retailers in King's Lynn, Norwich, Lincoln, Durham, Newcastle and Blackpool.

I now hesitate to go shopping, because I don't want to spend the afternoon acting as my own part-time retail employee. I've actually found out it's easier to order a Chinese online, and everything came as I had ordered it AND in an earlier time than they had quoted AND with a smile on their face. Everything will be made so much easier if the people behind the counter actually listened, and maybe I won't have to write about these things on a poky social network site.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1414 on: December 30, 2010, 21:19 »
^^ This doesn't apply in Waitrose :) But I know what you're talking about, The amount of times my order is wrong, All you need to do is ask for the manager on duty and then watch them get scared and hand out freebies or discounts (however be prepared to actually speak to the manager but freebies still often come your way.)
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 30, 2010, 21:32 »
ok so i understand nobody gives a damn about me until my birthday. i haven’t spoken to anyone from school since 2008, and now that i’m turning 17 in 3 days, they’re all my best friend. sending me pms on facebook like lol wanna go out for your birthday and get mwi’ as if i’m some excuse for them to do what they do every night. assholes.

also some kid on tumblr keeps thinking it's damn funny to post 'PETLAR' in my messages every week it's like dude what even you're just wasting everyone's time LOL

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 30, 2010, 21:37 »
Milsap, I love how every experience you post is the opposite of my own experiences. I've always been happy with my experiences at Subway, and the option to pour my own drink is preferable to having it poured for me because I can actually have Coke and Fanta in the same cup. I can't have that anywhere else. And the phrase "without red onion" seems to be the most forgotten phrase whenever I order pizza. I can't eat most pizzas I want from takeaways because red onion on pizza makes me feel really sick, and even though it is usually printed on the receipt that there is to be no red onion, I end up having to eat a pizza covered in red onion. [/endunintendedrantaboutredonions]

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 30, 2010, 22:23 »
People who change their usernames and profile pics on various forums. It makes it impossible to keep up with my grudges, bloody people.

Forgot to say, the latest bandwagon of milking soldiers.(No.) All these bloody programs about people helping injured soldiers that were never even mentioned a year or two ago. There was even some award ceremony that had that Schofield abomination (pinnacle of daytime z-list celebrity) presenting it whilst desperate z-listers in the audience clapped and tried to catch the camera. There are really no depths to which the media will not sink. >.<
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 22:30 by RocketMember002 »

PiPlUp_94

« Reply #1418 on: December 30, 2010, 22:45 »
Didn't get the converse i wanted today. Asked for a size 4 but there were none in. Tried a 5 just for the sake of it but they were too wide (yes i have tiny feet shut up :v). The guy says he can get a 4 delivered to me which is awesome. But converse are completly out of stock in the size >>
then to make it worse i see a girl in my class with the shoes i want and she'll be like "omg why did u copy me11!" hate schuch&converse atm ;-;

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 31, 2010, 12:22 »
Ah, the internet. Christmas day it decided it was going to work on only a few sites. Fine, probably a ploy to get people to spend time with their family. Fine.
Boxing day it worked almost entirely. Next day, worked badly again. Since then, it has barely been working.
But Mark, you ask, in rapt fascination, how on earth can you be here now? Perhaps you have one of those exciting internet-accessing phones which I hear so much about? No such luck. My phone is incredible in that it is the size and shape of a brick and does not have internet access: if it's in my coat pocket and I turn around too quickly I will knock out several small children and possibly a dog as well. It makes phone calls, sends texts, takes pictures and seems to be almost indestructible though, so it's all good.

No, er. I'm using a proxy site thing, which is working, albeit slowly, and without javascript, which is.. well, it's either that or a blank screen as the browser just shrugs at me while I hold down F5. Still a pain though. Can't use tumblr due to all the javascript, [Fear not, I'm cool enough for that site even though I'm not yet ranked swish enough to use facebook].
It's for all of the computers in the house, too, even the main one which is plugged directly into the.. fibblefnar.. thing.. internet. So not just my particular laptop being a div. Do I want to try to phone up BT? Does that fill me with great joy?

Aside from this, my two darling young stepsiblings are over from Northern Ireland... all right, they're not too bad. Compared to some children. They're just at the asking-questions-constantly stage. And I'm really not very good with children. I don't shout at them... I just end up avoiding them. Yesterday I was watching a DVD in the living room [I don't have a TV in my room and my laptop is temperamental when it comes to DVD playing]... the youngest sits right next to me and starts playing this noisy game on an iPhone, clang clang clang... er, I just paused the DVD and hid in the kitchen until he got bored/was put to bed. Excitement.
My mother's response when I answered to her "what's wrong with YOU?" with, "..children", was to tell me that I had been advised to go and stay with my dad... fair enough, save for the fact that I would have been just as stressed, though for different reasons. I love my dad but living with him always leads to arguments and inevitably feeling as though I've let him down by being.. by being.

Er. I'm just not sure about children. That said, my parents seem to have decided that I'm ANNOYED and must be avoided.. they take the kids out places and sort of leave me to entertain myself... bear in mind that the internet's constant erroring is more annoying than any six year old at the moment... I think that the day before my birthday they've arranged for the four of them to go to this all you can eat restaurant place which is nearby.. and is really swish. Surely they could have asked if I wanted to come along.. particularly as my birthday is on a Sunday and I don't know how many places are closed then around here.
Ah well. I don't mind too much. Just that they could have asked me. It seems as though they're excluding me because... I dunno, they think I'll shout at the children constantly? That I'm that bad-tempered? So I get to be asked questions constantly and have the dogs wound up while the children at here at home, but without getting to go to any nice places with the family when they take them out.. I think they're at the safari park right now. 
Come on, let me pretend that I'm eight right before I'm twenty. Come oonn.

Bah.
Bah, I say. Luckily I appear to have run out of energy. Not so luckily for me, but for anyone attempting to scroll past this. I may well lie comatose on the sofa and take some advantage of the kids being out to watch an hour or so of the League of Gentlemen.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:26 by Mr. Dalliard »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 31, 2010, 14:08 »
...Mark you somehow fill me with complete sorrow while also making me laugh at the same time. You need <3. Take it. D<

I'm rather in two minds about this thing tonight. I'm going out with my sister and friend, to our local pub to celebrate New Years Eve/Day. I'm in that weird state of mind where you look forward to it, but at the same time dread it too. I can't say why I'm experiencing either emotion, but I just know that I'm pulling the =S face whenever it's mentioned. =/

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #1421 on: December 31, 2010, 15:07 »
Milsap, I love how every experience you post is the opposite of my own experiences. I've always been happy with my experiences at Subway, and the option to pour my own drink is preferable to having it poured for me because I can actually have Coke and Fanta in the same cup. I can't have that anywhere else. And the phrase "without red onion" seems to be the most forgotten phrase whenever I order pizza. I can't eat most pizzas I want from takeaways because red onion on pizza makes me feel really sick, and even though it is usually printed on the receipt that there is to be no red onion, I end up having to eat a pizza covered in red onion. [/endunintendedrantaboutredonions]

I must have some aura about me that makes people want to act as though they're as thick as two short planks then. Like last week in the King's Lynn Sainsbury store, the alarm went off so I headed to the man in the hi-vi jacket to get the receipt checked, and he saw the bottle of whiskey (that I had to buy for my mate's dad since he had lost his ID) and he noticed the Family Guy DVD I had also picked up and goes "Is that a DVD?"

No, its a copy of Scouting For Boys, an original print.

[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1422 on: December 31, 2010, 15:57 »
ugh, why is it that i slept better in a hotel with my snoring father and mother constantly saying shut up and my brother whacking my bed than i did in my nice, cozy, quiet, warm room?

I also felt like I was going to spew. I'd had cheese last night - Wensleydale and cranberry, would you believe. The more I nibbled the worse it tasted, so I put it away. Only moments later did I start feeling sick but I knew my mum would be all "lol no >:I" so i kept quiet. When I get to bed I'm restless, thinking I'm going to be sick.

didn't help that mum shouted at Jack at quarter to fricking midnight for reading by the dimmest light ever.

i'm supposed to be revising for my exams but... i just can't do it fgs. i hate revision; mum and dad are always telling me to write stuff down but i just don't know what to do.

my life is at a loss right now.

EDIT: ffffffff i still feel sick >:I
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 16:02 by Shaymin »

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 31, 2010, 16:10 »
>please don't smoke around me
>sister's friend finds it acceptable to still do just that

now my new jumper stinks and ugh if i wanted to constantly smell cigarette smoke i'd go stay with dad

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 31, 2010, 19:31 »
You know when you realise you have twice the workload you thought you had? Yeah...not happy.