Author Topic: Pokemon you're conflicted over  (Read 2722 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MonsterMon64

Pokemon you're conflicted over
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:41 »
You don't like it. You don't hate it. You're not even indifferent about it. You can't decide what to feel about it at all, sometimes to a frustrating degree. If this sounds like any Pokemon you know, feel free to discuss it here.

Personally, my vote goes to Lickilicky. I used to dislike it because of its design, but when you picture Lickilicky's tongue as wrapped up in its stomach like a Bubble Tape dispenser, it's a little bit easier to swallow. Or maybe that grosses you out even more, and I don't blame you.

What remains is a Pokemon that looks weak on paper, but has always seemed to catch me off guard in some way or another. Especially in White Treehollow, where on more than one occasion my team was already whittled down and Lickilicky, while never wiping out my team, took down at least one Pokemon I was trying to level up in the process. Ugh.

There was also this Double Battle I had in Random Matchup one time (Talking about White 2 still) which made use of Lickilicky's Belly Drum, and its partners kept using Follow Me/Rage Powder/whatever to keep me from attacking it. Can't remember if it was a Trick Room team or not, but it didn't really matter because I was definitely unprepared for that strategy and got stomped hard, so I was actually impressed.

tl;dr I have mixed feelings about Lickilicky. To the rest of you, I ask: Which Pokemon just tug at your brain over what to feel about them?

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon you're conflicted over
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 05:13 »
Tyranitar. I want to like Tyranitar because it looks cool... but in reality, Tyranitar wouldn't be that scary at all. It's got stubby limbs and would mostly just be annoying because of the sand, which is now only temporary. In comparison to things like Metagross and Salamence, Tyranitar just isn't scary, it's almost... cartoony.

And yet... it's also pretty cool and has some awesome stats. I've just never been able to use it particularly well, because there always seems to be a better option for me to choose from. Terrakion is a better physical Rock type, Hippowdon is generally better as a defensive sand-setter... Tyranitar has a lot of awesome things it can do, but it never fit my style, I guess.

Yeah, definitely Tyranitar. Even as I write these things, I feel like I don't want to sway too far to one side because I'm really just stuck on how to feel about it. Hrm. :T
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 10:19 »
Rattata.

Yes, it can be top %, but it takes a lot of effort and pain to do so, even the F.E.A.R. versions. Sweeping with a Rattata or Raticate is top %, and a reason for the opponent to ragequit.

Aggron.

It just needs more Attack in my opinion for the automatise set; otherwise, it dies easily, but, come on, it's cool!
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 14:43 »
HAHA Aggron dies easily...with its shuckle defense.

Idk, probably Hawlucha. I'm just really not sure if I think he's awesome or ridiculous.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 14:46 »
HAHA Aggron dies easily...with its shuckle defense.

I meant regular Aggron. Of course, you have to compute average SpD, weaknesses to water, fight (x4) and ground (x4), which are very common. Clearly it has titanic defences and resistances, and that's why I have mixed feelings for it.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 15:17 »
I loved Pinsir before gen 6, it was so cool looking and had OK stats yet entirely forgotten because Scyther got it's all-powerful evo. Then game along megas and made Pinsir the OP one and tainted the specialness of it before. :( Same to a lesser extent of Kanga.
Also Dedenne! It has a unique typing, the initial estimates of it's stats were usable and then you saw it had one of the worse movepools ever, it didn't even get a special fairy move..as a SPECIAL FAIRY TYPE. Poor little hampster, I wanted you to be awesome.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 19:23 »
Well, pretty much everyone's been in the Blaziken vs. Derpape debate. Wait, let me rephrase that, the explanation of why Blaziken beats derpape every time.

I'd have to say rotom. I don't like it, but I don't hate it. I don't know what to think of it tbh.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 20:28 »
geodude
hes so cute hes a little rock with arms!!!11!! but he looks so angry :(

Offline Hitmonchu

• Mulholland Fan
  • A Spriter and a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 22:37 »
Probably Hawlucha.
It's cool because it's pretty powerful and has a unique signature move, but it looks kind of weak and ridiculous. I really don't like its design. It has a beak, but its mouth is underneath the beak. It is way too colorful, and those feathers down near its legs (You know which ones I'm talking about) look wrong and stupid. However, its stats are excellent and it is a very good addition to anybody's team. In my opinion, it needs an evolution, but not something silly like Archeops.

tl;dr Hawlucha's stats are great, but its design is terrible.

ALL HAIL GOOMY

Wolstenholme

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 22:39 »
Meinshao.

It's like this butt kicking little maniac but it's also feminine but those arm things like I don't get them what's going on they look ridiculous and the like whisker/moustache thing doesn't work for me.

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 02:38 »
Druddigon

It looks like a rather interesting dragon... But then you find out that despite having wings it cannot fly, and is one of the weakest dragons you'll ever encounter. Additionally, while Druddigon requires sunlight to warm it's body, it's also the Cave Pokemon, a place usually devoid of sunlight... I just don't get it.

Thank's to Blake... for the awesome sig!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 14:11 »
Sceptile

He looks awesome and he was a good Special sweeper in RU last gen. However, the other two hoenn starters are a lot better (My bro likes Swampert, I guess he's cool).

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 21:44 »
Shuckle. I mean I know it is loaded with Defense and Sp. Defense but I don't like moves that don't do damage (I like healing moves though in certain situations) that much. I just am not too thrilled by moves like Protect. I rather attack head on hard.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 21:46 »
Please, infestation trap then rollout is beastlike.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 21:48 »
Please, infestation trap then rollout is beastlike.

Fegelsteel is laughing at you. As well as Lucario. And Terrakion if you forgot Toxic and how to stall properly.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 21:50 by Delicious_Scout »