Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380929 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #1125 on: December 21, 2015, 16:17 »
i went to interview for UPS, arrived, and then they told me they had just filled my position. it was a 30 minute drive to the location. uuuuugh.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #1126 on: December 21, 2015, 19:27 »
i went to interview for UPS, arrived, and then they told me they had just filled my position. it was a 30 minute drive to the location. uuuuugh.

Was it written on a "while you were out" card?
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 21, 2015, 19:57 »
no they told me to sit down in the break room and then a guy came in and said, "hi, are you interviewing today?" and i was like, "oh yes, hello". then he says, "my name is ___ and i'm the supervisor," puts his hand out to shake and then says "yeah sorry to tell you but i was just checking in with the Dover office and they just filled the position. sorry."

i was like oh ok well this is awkward then

edit: also my car is broken so there goes anything i wanted to do with my week, im stuck at home now :|
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 22:14 by Kpyna »

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 24, 2015, 00:00 »
think the charge port on my phone is broken since it's really fiddly about charging, and there's no lint or anything caught into it. Literally will not charge at all and I'm on 4% smh

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 24, 2015, 12:59 »
casually staving off a sensory meltdown because im in a very public place

thanks gl <3

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 24, 2015, 22:18 »
them: id rather you spoke to me about these things instead of shutting yourself away
me: ok, *explains how they personally hurt me and how its affecting me emotionally*
them: ok wow way to guilt trip me on christmas

me being mentally ill and expressing my Mentally Ill Feels when prompted to is a guilt trip!!!! ok! im not allowed to feel.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 24, 2015, 22:32 »
 People are massive dicks when it comes down to mental health.

Like... supreme dicks. Triple deluxe dicks with a cherry on top.

Depression's the worst since everyone thinks "ermergerd dey jus wan attention!" when it's like... fam.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 25, 2015, 01:14 »
depression has it easy most of the time actually lol

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 25, 2015, 01:43 »
depression has it easy most of the time actually lol

Depends on the extent of the anxiety that it's coupled with tbf

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 25, 2015, 02:52 »
Depends on the extent of the anxiety that it's coupled with tbf

I don't mean easy to deal with lol i mean in terms of sympathy and attitude others give to you
Nobody treats me nice once I admit I'm schizo + bpd... They don't think I'm safe to be around. I'm immediately an axe murderer and a psycho ex waiting to happen. My symptoms are just me abusing people so I'm not worth a damn. Nobody's ever stopped talking to me out of fear when I told them I've got depression/anxiety too.
Don't get me wrong I still get treated like dirt for my anxiety/depression symptoms, but being called a lazy coward is better than being avoided completely or having cops called on you because of things you can't help lol

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 25, 2015, 03:19 »
is there an award for disappointing your family because im pretty sure i'm gonna win it this year

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 25, 2015, 08:48 »
i think it all depends on how your symptoms display as well tbf like i'm supposedly just comorbid depression/anxiety with what we think is asd in the mix as well (there's a little bit of debate on whether i'm possibly mixed-state bipolar but idk my treatment's working pretty well now so as long as that continues to work i'm not fussed) but because my symptoms don't necessarily display as being obviously low or obviously anxious people are very ??? and then i'll have a meltdown where i'll basically lose all rationality and start screaming and crying etc and that's treated very differently to the general like... passiveness (not quite the word im looking for but what can u do) of 'typical' depression/anxiety symptoms

thanks gl <3

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 25, 2015, 10:40 »
//runs in out of breath, takes blue inhaler// did i hear people talking about mental health and mixed bipolar states?

you heard it here second but the bleeding edge of Science Literature seems to be collating around the idea suggest there is an emerging "bipolar spectrum" affair (possibly with a third axis of Anxiety/Neurosis/Psychosis) (in BP-I aka the most severe u present with psychosis in ur manic states which dont help much in diagnostics not labelling u schizo and a lot of bp-II and bp-III people present with neuroses and anxiety)

much like the same way that recent autism classification returned to a Spectrum of sorts cos all the various microdeviations were just getting ridic. (think all the -core classifications of metal music, you know)

(the short version of how ASD came to be: so in DSM-V basically ASD absorbed both PDD-NOS and Aspergers and turned it into a Severity Scale thing cos a lot of people weren't really understanding when it was autism and when it was aspergers and when it was PDD-NOS and a lot of misclassification was going on and Appropriate Care was just ending up a bit of a mess cos oh did they start to talk as a toddler at this one age (aspergers) or this other age (autism), both within about a few months of each other and kind of uselessly specific. the ASD end of things is still having trouble being rolled out at a practise level cos of how slow this stuff is and dont even get me started on Latent Adult Autism support and the implications of the UK "parents raise the alarm" vs the US "everyone gets checked" allowin uk parents who want A Normal Kid to hide it esp since Early Intervention is crucial

but yeh expect the same thing to happen to Phasic Depression/Hyperactivity type stuff in the years to come. mental health is a weird thing. schzioid stuff is even more complicated, ur gently trying to nudge the dopamine neurotransmitter environment between "too much" (psychosis) and "too little" (movement disorders) and like most neurology its Complicated. [A]sk me about going minorly psychotic on prozac due to its dopaminergic effects

i mean the science is still developing on it, anyone who's even been within a yard of Academia knows how this stuff goes. slowly. but there are literal environmental/genetic/biological factors at work behind depression/mood swings etc. (SERT allele length, cortisol response, BDNF stuff, CYP2D6 metabolism speed, biological circadian rhythms) so next time anyone tells u its in ur head and its all fakey cake stuff just fart at them.

for instance it is imperative to find proper anti-anxiety or reduce Stress cos chronic high levels of cortisol (stress hormone, anxiety people will know what this is along with epinephrine) shuts off a chemical ur body produces (BDNF) that allows for neuron connection/maintenance. some meds help (there is a literal gene which appears to inadvertantly code for lithium response) but annoyingly one thing that actually starts the BDNF back up again is...........exercise! one bipolar-I woman had literal no luck with any meds and the only thing that is keeping her in remission is gettin those glutes moving regularly, wouldn't u know it.

tl;dr: if u feel like u have way too rapid cycling/mixed states to be even bipolar-II (bp-II literal diagnostic criteria = hypomania of longer than 4 days solid) then ur not going mad, science just aint caught up yet and the pharma companies aren't keen to fund it cos stabilser/AED Meds aren't always the best thing for it.

anyway thanks for letting me carepost about mental health/learnin disabilites i hope people liked it. if u didn't then im also sorry. thanks bye
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 10:49 by LOOK AROUND YOG. »
           

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 25, 2015, 11:26 »
One of my presents was so hard to open. Realistically, only Super Saiyan 4 He-Man could have opened it with his bare hands!

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 25, 2015, 23:52 »
 Bobby Beale really annoys me tbh.

I know he's a fictional character but whenever he's on in EastEnders he grinds my gears like.

He's going left and right, killing everyone, decking his own mum, and everyone's like "lol hes only a bby, leav him alone".

Like, nobody in EastEnders seems to have a normal day. You wake up, fight a tramp who's trying to burn down your house, go to dinner and find out that your mother is cheating on your father with a man with an octo-penis, and then you get blown up because the tramp's a zombie and blew up your house.