Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3DS  (Read 2549 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Majora's Mask 3DS
« on: February 10, 2015, 17:45 »
This game is released in a few days here, so I thought I'd make a topic to discuss it!

Personally I never got to play this the first time around, my only experience was on the special GameCube disc that came with wind waker. I'm pretty excited to play it though, oot for 3ds was so much fun (again never played it first time around aha). I've heard that it's a lot darker than all of the other games in the series, I enjoyed twilight princess though so I'm hoping I'll like it!

Is anyone else getting it? For those of you that played it before do you think that it'll be as well done as oot?

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Re: Majora's Mask 3DS
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 21:12 »
I had the GameCube disc as well, but only got to the second dungeon before stopping. Tried to get back into it, but I was totally lost as to what I was supposed to do, and I didn't want to start again because I remember some UFO cow level being super hard or something. So I've been waiting patiently for these games to come out.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 12:26 »
I feel like a bad Zelda fan for not really being that bothered about this! :/ I guess I'll probably end up with it at some point, but... I still have war flashbacks of the Great Bay Temple.

Remake Link's Awakening already nintendo!!!!

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 21:57 »
I'd like to see the Oracle games remade into 3D. And instead of linking other systems to get Rings how about you get a random ring through Street Pass? And the GBA Rings could be changed to be available only on the New Nintendo 3DS.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Dorchadas

• *Vaguely menacing gestation*
  • Rex Fan
  • Pkmn.net: Largest eyelash trade hub in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 17:44 »
We needs our Link to the Past! Although I shudder to see the final boss any harder/more irritating  than he already is.
Click the fuzzy little dragons!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 18:26 »
Link Between Worlds already is a semi-sequel to Link to the Past, so...

Majora's Mask 3DS though...I'm intrigued. But it joins a list of games I need, and Super Mario 3D World is my priority so nope :/

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 18:40 »
One intresting change I've noticed.  Scroll down for spoilers.

In the original game, if you spoke to Anju after a certian time in the first day before Link the Goron arrives (sometime after midday I believe) you'd get his room,  in the 3DS version this doesn't seem to be the case as I've tried it many times but Anju keeps telling me that a Goron has booked the room, I assuming you need to be in Goron form to book the room, which is much more logical progression of the quest than  talking to Anju at a seemingly random time.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 16:00 »
I just started the game on Friday and man is it difficult! I've had to use the Song of Time at least five times now because time kept running out on me very quickly.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Ledyba

• Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 16:11 »
Are you using the reverse Song of Time?  It pratically doubles amount of time you have.  Also plan your time carefully,  I always play the Song of Time, slow time down just before I enter a dungeon, the Owl statues let me get to where I want to quickly.

Finished Snowhead Temple today, got all stray fairies in both it and Woodfall, enjoying very much so far,  I haven't played for about three years but I seem to know where everything is anyway.   I think I finished Snowhead today without 6 in-game hours left, beating the boss, transporting back to Clock Town to deposit my money and going back in time all very quickly was a rush.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 17:58 »
^Of course I'm using the Inverse Song of Time. I just never played the game before and I keep running out of time.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Ledyba

• Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 18:42 »
it's really about time managment and knowing when to restart.  the game is designed in a way that once you reach a milestone in your quest, you can very quickly get back to it, the dungeons are built in this way too, once you have the key item its very easy and very quickly to get back to where you were.

one thing that's bothered me, a small nitpick:  once you rescue the Monkey after Woodfall Temple he says "I knew you'd keep your promise!" I don't know if he said it in the original, but it bothered me because I hadn't met him in that time cycle!

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 20:23 »
My main problem was the Deku Shrine. I kept falling behind and ended up with only five minutes left on the final day. This game is harder than I expected it to be at an early stage in the game. I heard that Majora's Mask was one of the harder Zelda games but I didn't expect it to be this tricky.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Ledyba

• Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 11:43 »
Oh wow, Zora Hall is stunning.  Very pretty!

Spent 20 mins looking for the Stone Mask in preparation for the Pirate's Fortress.  I find out it's been relocated....
NINTENDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 13:15 by Ledyba »

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 22:33 »
Having a little dilemma as I picked up the awesomely sexy gold Majora's Mask New 3DS XL. It has the download version, but I need a new 32GB Micro SD card so I can transfer all my downloads from my Main XL to it, but Amazon completely dropped the ball on the card, in which the carrier delayed it even though I paid for 1 day delivery, then by today, they save they've lost it, so I angrily complained to Amazon who are sending me a new one along with a refund of my postage.

So yeah, all I've played is the beginning to check out how the game and my New 3DS look. T.T HOPEFULLY tomorrow I should get my replacement micro SD card arrive. (To those curious I went with one of the makes Nintendo recommended and tested just to be extra safe hence why I did not buy a card in a store and any progress currently on my New 3DS will be deleted after the transfer so I'm not playing all that much of it till then)

Other then that, it does certainly look the part. :)

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 00:42 »
My main problem was the Deku Shrine. I kept falling behind and ended up with only five minutes left on the final day. This game is harder than I expected it to be at an early stage in the game. I heard that Majora's Mask was one of the harder Zelda games but I didn't expect it to be this tricky.

lol good luck fighting Majora without the Fierce Deity Mask