Author Topic: Role Play Rush.  (Read 2237 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wolstenholme

Role Play Rush.
« on: March 03, 2014, 12:03 »
this sort of incorporates two boards so if this isn't right in Forum Games & should just be in Role Play then I'm sorry, guys!

Basically, this is a game we can play alongside our current RPs, it's a bit of a project but I thought this was a good idea.

The idea is this: One person will give a scenario for an RP. It can be simple, describe the situation or idea in 25 words or less and after that the RP is open. As many people can join each RP as they want and everyone's forms are really simplified. There will be 15 posts on each RP and the last person to post in that RP gets to make a new idea.

Does that make sense to you?

It will look something like this:
Person 1: My idea is _____________________
Here are additional fields that need to be added to the form: I'm putting out a standard form that will be used across all the RPs on this thread
Here is my form:
Here is the first post:
Person 2:
Here is my form:
Here is my post:
Other people may join for the whole RP and it carries on for 15 posts (1 page)
The 15th post should look like this:

Person 2:
[final post on old RP]
The new idea is this _________________
Additional form fields:
My Form:
First Post:

Your RP idea can be garishly simple or rather complicated. As long as you can describe it in 25 words then it's valid.

Normal RP rules apply so no:
Godmodding
Material for an age rating over PG13
Power playing

If these rules aren't obeyed, you will be asked not to post on the thread again.

All forms are assumed accepted unless I say otherwise.

Here is the standard form:
Code: [Select]
Name:
Personality: (try to do this in about 10 words.)
Appearance: (try to do this in about 10 words.)

So the first RP will be this: (starting off with a simple cliche)
Some kids find a creepy, abandoned house.

No extra fields needed for form.

My form:
Name: Tina Binns
Personality: Gets scared easily, is bubbly and vibrant. Quite flirty.
Appearance: Brown hair, green eyes, slender physique, rounded features, fashionable clothing.

First post:
It was summer, the holidays. On a particularly warm day, Tina and her friends had decided to explore the town. They had walked through multiple estates and found nothing of interest until they reached the very back of one of them and found something you wouldn't find in your ordinary housing estate.
A sprawling mansion built from wood, that seemed to have spires and gargoyles like a church. It was surrounded by an iron bar fence, painted black. The gate was open, welcoming the group in towards a door that looked like it had not been touched for years. Tina didn't think that going in there would be a good idea. She didn't like the look of it but some mysterious force was dragging her past the fence, ruthlessly.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Role Play Rush.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 21:20 »
((This sounds so crazy, so i'd fit in! xD))

Name: Tyler Lawson
Personality: Sullen, hostile, a lot like Thresh from the Hunger Games.
Appearance: Solid build, about 6 feet tall. Simple jeans and t-shirt, tanned skin, stormy blue eyes, dark hair.

Starter Post: Tyler had no friends, and didn't know any of these people. But when he heard of the house, he decided to investigate on his own. Tyler head the voices coming, the others. He was already in the house, dragged in while no one was around. It looked like a church, inside and outside, depressing. He didn't care, Tyler just wanted no one to find him.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 06:03 »
(This reminds me of that good old Modmin Project we did. Ho ho ho! :laugh: )
Thx 4 this topic Chlowey

Name: Dylan Quint
Personality: He steals often, and he really likes to scare the crap out of others when he gets the chance. Other than that, he doesn't care much about others besides close friends. He's nice enough when he's talking with someone to gain that person's trust; he'll betray that trust later, and it will feel that much more unfair to that person.
Appearance: 5'9" tall, lean, wears a black leather jacket with a chain dropping down from the collar, dark jeans, brown hair, grayish eyes.

Dylan was ignoring the sidewalk the whole time as he walked down the side of the road while his best friend swayed from one side of the road to the other. They were just hanging out, being jerks if they needed to, like when Dylan picked up a bike that was lying in front of someone's lawn and rode it through the estates. He braked at a building he'd never seen before, most likely a church. It's old. Looks like no one's been in there for a while. Looks like I could run in and run out. I haven't seen this place before, so I'll look. In 2 seconds I'll run out with something I find in there while I'm at it Dylan thought. He always got straight to the point. His best friend, a sneaky one, too, caught up.
       "You're the first to steal a bike and you end up here. I barely caught up. Now you're just-" his friend started to say.
       "I'm going in there to see if I can find something that's better than a bike," Dylan interrupted. Dylan's friend stared at the mansion for a while, looked back at his friend, and shrugged.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:09 by Dark Lord »
I am your master.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 17:06 »
"It's abandoned, if we're going, we might as well all go." Tina reasoned. She looked at Dylan and winked. "You first, Dylan" that magnetic pull from the mansion was getting stronger to the point where Tina could barely resist. She was scared of the house too, but only at a level that she could easily play off with smiles and winks and laughs.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 19:46 »
((Fun exercise! and if we really like some they could be legit roleplays!

Name: Gabriel
Personality: Band Geek. Acts humble, but is egotistical.
Appearance: Black hair, hazel eyes with gold flecks, skinny, simple tshirt-and-jeans outfit. ))

Gabriel stood behind the two. It was such a ragtag group of people. He knew Dylan was quite the troublemaker and was sort of cold, so Gabriel decided to make him go first. "Yeah, Dylan, you're probably the bravest of us all. You may as well go first," Gabriel reasoned, with a nod of his head.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 20:27 »
I can not believe there's only one madame in this story! Let's make one, them! (By writing, not by cloning or other conventional methods).

• Name: Artemis
  • Personality: Adamant, likes hunting, loyal, skilled, obscure but social.
  • Appearance: 1.66m tall, border between delicate and well-built, red-head, almost-black eyes [I leave her clothing to your imagination; after all, she is mysterious].

«The contrast was, first, abysmal, but latter, slowly, the gang started to think they could manage their new environment: the walls are all white, an electric white able to thaw even the darkest eyes, like Artemis'. In fact, she was the first one to comment, after having being silent during almost all their trip:

"After all my years, I can finally say I have seen everything... or barely see anything... at all...".

"You are only a few years older than us...", that was Gabriel's reply to her words.

They all proceeded into that attempt of Picasso's "Guernica", and that was...

"Guernica", Dylan said. "It's like that... black and white, and chill-inducing".
»(Thanks, Echo; I tend to forget how some rules like godmodding are and that leads me into problems)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 20:36 by Delicious_Scout »
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 20:31 »
((Hey, Scout, just as a heads up, Chloe probably should have defined godmodding and powerplaying. basically godmodding is being all-powerful and powerplaying is controlling others characters... i dont care its a 25 post story and my character was still portrayed fine but just a heads up so nobody gets contentious.))

Gabriel felt a distinct chill go down his spine as he walked in the door. The floors creaked, and some boards were even missing. The house smelled like something totally disgusting, but he couldn't place what the scent was. "What reeks?" Gabriel spat out.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 20:56 »
"What reeks?" Tina smelt it too, like something rotting... almost damp. It came from every part of the building they were in. Tina was cold and shrunk away from any irregular feature in the house like the candlestick holders on the walls that leered out creating weird shadows.
The smell though. The smell. Tina couldn't place it and maybe, just maybe, she didn't want to.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 22:34 »
Tyler decided to walk up the stairs and see if anyone's around. No one, although a rat made an appearance, running by his foot. "Hmph. Nothing interesting is here." he said, leaning against a wall. The wall gave way to a door as Tyler fell though and ended up in a kitchen. "I stand corrected, something interesting. A secret passage." he said to himself. Tyler could hear voices outside, but wasn't worried. They'd likely stay away from him.

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 01:05 »
They just had to show up and get in my way Dylan thought. Now they wanted him to go in, but since he was going in from the start, he just assumed they were getting out of his way. Dylan would be more scared of the house if he had nothing better to do. He walked right into the church and looked around, his hands in his pockets. "Smells like crap. That's the scary part."

Dylan's friend was gone and so was the bike they stole. He probably rode off with it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:15 by Dark Lord »
I am your master.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 01:25 »
There may be more passages. thought Tyler as he investigated the kitchen. The voices had vanished, leaving him alone with his thoughts. This gave Tyler some time to think about his next course of action.

Maybe this place will have some valuable weapons, or gold to sell. I could make a bit of profit of this escapade. Still, I hope no one gets in my way.
Tyler decided to look around the living room to try and find something.

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 02:47 »
Dylan wasn't trying to trace the smell. He was looking around to see if something caught his eye. He'd never been in a church or anything like it, but he recognized the altar when he saw it. He picked a goblet off the altar and turned it onto its side, examining it. It was copper-colored and covered in dark spots. Who would want this? Dylan thought. But then he saw a bright light on the goblet's rim. Dylan turned around and looked up at an arch window. There was gargoyle unlike any of the others you could see from outside. It was facing forward, looking down into the church with contempt, as if it wanted to enter and destroy everything that was inside. It had the face of a mummified cat. Its wing suddenly broke off and dropped to the stone railing, as if that gargoyle wanted to fly off to heaven but those demonic wings couldn't take it there. There was a glint in its mouth. That looks interesting. I should get up there and reach into that thing's mouth. Something's there Dylan thought. He picked up a staff that was lying near the altar. I'll take the stairs and then I'll break that window with this. He wasn't telling anybody else what he was planning to do with that staff. No one was going to get in his way.
I am your master.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 03:11 »
((Draghost, our characters will clash soon))

Looking through a window in the upstairs, Tyler noticed a glint in the mouth of a gargoyle. Interesting, let's see..... He looked around to find a large wooden pole laying in one of the corners. There we go. Tyler smashed the window and climbed out onto a ledge, getting close to reaching into the statue's mouth.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 05:39 »
Due to most of the group doing their way either to go or to steal, Artemis started thinking whether it would be a good idea taking a look at the monster's mouth.

All of a sudden, Artemis could not help sensing her path to doom.

"...!".

She knew it was a trap... she knew, but the mystery was how she knew about it.

"DON'T!", she shouted.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 06:20 »
((Right about now, Blaze. Know what else is going to happen soon? This RP's term will be over. It's not a bad RP so far. Why don't we carry it over to the RP board once we're done with it according to the rules and continue it there. Then this topic will be like the birthplace of great RP's. It can also function as the testing grounds for RP ideas, which tells more about whether the RP will work or not than a DISC does))

Dylan beat out the window and poked the staff into the gargoyle's mouth, but nailed someone's hand along with it. Dylan squinted and saw a small, golden key with a very thin ring and a blade whose bits were evenly spaced out. The key looked like a lip piercing and a few missing teeth, but it looked pretty valuable. He looked to the boy whose hand he nailed. A new face, a pretty serious one, and Dylan was already pissed that his hand got in the way. "Hey kid, get out of the way. I need the gold key in there," Dylan said, testing him. He stabbed the hand with the staff. "I saw that so I'm taking it. Your hand is pissing me off." He stabbed the hand even harder. There wasn't much Dylan could do from a small hole in the window. And then someone shouted.

Dylan turned. Some danger. He didn't sense much of that. But he felt the cat-gargoyle's gaping mouth would close and some chain reaction would happen if he didn't move his ass and get the glinting object out. "Screw this," Dylan said impatiently. He picked around the boy's hand with the staff and caught the key by the ring. He fished it out and began retracting the staff back into the window.

((Disclaimer: Words are PG13 and are accepted and uncensored by PKMN.NET rules :) ))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:22 by Dark Lord »
I am your master.