Author Topic: Getting Rid of the Filter  (Read 1343 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Getting Rid of the Filter
« on: September 11, 2013, 16:01 »
Hi, I was just wondering if we could stop filtering that green website with Pokemon 251 on.

I can understand the advertising rule, but having to blank out the name. To be honest, it is most people's source of Pokemon information these days and is a staple in the Pokemon Community.

I understand the two sites might have had an argument ages back, but do we have to be as petty as to block the actual name. As some users on multiple times want to say the name, especially with the X and Y release.

I mean, it's been a few years and we've all grown up since 2004/2005.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
Re: Getting Rid of the Filter
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 16:24 »
Not interested.

Too much has happened. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

Consider it part of our charm.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Trainer Dave

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 22:43 »
Might I ask just how long ago anything further with them happened, mind you?

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 00:39 »
Not interested.

Too much has happened. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

Consider it part of our charm.
Isn't this mentality kind of immature and borderline selfish at this point?  It hinders the community in its own way, especially since we all acknowledge that this website is nowhere near as complete as SPP.

To add to that, I think most people in this fandom have an incredibly low view of their webmaster so I can tell you now that linking to SPP doesn't mean supporting the webmaster's actions.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 08:04 »
Isn't this mentality kind of immature and borderline selfish at this point?

No, considering some of the accusations made by their webmaster and other things that happened, this is actually closer to self protection. We are, as senior staff team, currently safer and better off not acknowledging that site or allowing further mention of it.

(we know of at least one major privacy violation towards our site that I won't discuss further for... well, privacy reasons, but pushed a lot of it over the edge)

It hinders the community in its own way, especially since we all acknowledge that this website is nowhere near as complete as SPP.

And plenty of other sites tend to do it better. For new game news, for example, Pokebeach tends to be superior in their news offerings

To add to that, I think most people in this fandom have an incredibly low view of their webmaster so I can tell you now that linking to SPP doesn't mean supporting the webmaster's actions.

Then go to one of the other sites that offer more complete and accurate information.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:10 by Joeno »
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 15:45 »
I'm just going to test the filter quickly. blocked

Personally I don't care that much about it, as long as people aren't punished for using the word I'm not really bothered, as long as there's no issue with discussing news etc. that blocked has put up first then it doesn't bother me. It does seem a little ridiculous but then I actually have no idea what Joeno is referring to and it might be a valid point/defense.

EDIT: Did the filter fail? I might be missing the point entirely here.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 18:03 »
It does seem a little ridiculous but then I actually have no idea what Joeno is referring to and it might be a valid point/defense.
I don't like that because for all we know it was at least 7-8 years ago (since it's been referred to since I was registered) and it's definitely not something they'll bother doing nowadays considering how small this forum has become, how inactive it is, and how much of a waste of time it would be to do again.

Also you have the option to disable the filter so
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!