Author Topic: Ash's mirror-self  (Read 1738 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Ash's mirror-self
« on: August 02, 2014, 11:41 »
I recently watched an episode that has so far only been shown in japan.

In this episode, Ash and the others go through Reflection cave. Everyone looks at their reflection and when Ash looks at his, a portal opens, allowing Ash's mirror-self to grab Ash's Pikachu. As it turns out, Mirror-Ash's Pikachu gets separated from Mirror-Ash, causing him to get upset and lonely which is why he grabs Ash's Pikachu in the first place. Of course, this causes Ash to go into the mirror world and confront his mirror-self who turns out to be an absolute coward! At the same time, Mirror-Ash's Pikachu is being chased by Team Rocket, who had somehow ended up in the mirror world like Ash did. Mirror-Pikachu is quite aggressive and mischievous compared to Ash's Pikachu, which surprises Team Rocket. When Team Rocket realise there are two versions of Ash and Pikachu, they then capture both Pikachu, which leads to both versions of Ash battling against Team Rocket with Mirror-Ash failing miserably! Ash returns to his own world after saving both Pikachu and reunites with the others.

I'd like to know how the writers expect a Mirror-Ash to work. I mean, Mirror-Ash would have had to have gone through all of the stuff that Ash had been through during the events of the entire series. How did Mirror-Ash handle such situations as the encounter with the Spearow in the first episode. How about all the gym battles Ash had won. I honestly can't see a cowardly version of Ash - who can't even handle Team Rocket on his own, winning any gym battles!

How do you think Mirror-Ash handled all the situations that Ash did? I'm curious what you all think about this.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
Re: Ash's mirror-self
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:52 »
Simple, its a mirror world where wimpy-ness= courage.  Therefore every Gym Leader and such was wimpy-er then Mirror Ash. XD

I suspect some AshXAsh shipping will be born out of this...

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 00:03 »
I watched the episode again recently, this time with subtitles.
I discovered a few things.

Mirror-Team Rocket are heroes instead of villains.
The portal between the worlds closes after the sun sets.
According to the subtitles, Mirror-Serena calls Mirror-Ash "Crybaby Ash"

I was actually quite shocked when I found out that Mirror-Team Rocket were heroes in the Mirror world.
The end of the episode is funny as Team Rocket meet their mirror world selves. The look on their faces is just priceless!

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 02:43 »
I'd have thought Mirror-Ash would be a genius and actually won Pokemon Leagues. If they were going for polar opposites why not increase intelligence as well? I'd have written everyone either being way smarter of less intelligent in terms of Mirror copies.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!