Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 383352 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #2865 on: March 19, 2017, 19:07 »
i have a dumb headache making its way downtown even though i've taken 2 paracetamol for it

thanks gl <3

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: March 20, 2017, 21:59 »
 Man, glasses are so expensive.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: March 20, 2017, 22:09 »
Submitted an essay ~5 weeks ago, and they said it'd be back within 4 weeks, then at the end of that our tutors like "Oh the deadline for marks is the 20th", then today in the tutorial he's like "Well the deadline's today and they've all been handed in but I didn't mark this group" and they're not online -_-
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: March 20, 2017, 23:34 »

Have you tried Zenni optical? I dunno if it's just a US thing or if they ship international but they're not bad.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: March 22, 2017, 20:03 »
Have you tried Zenni optical? I dunno if it's just a US thing or if they ship international but they're not bad.

Checked them out and they have some pretty good frames. I have a sinking feeling that postage would cause the price to bomb though aha. I think the closest thing we have over here is GlassesDirect. Good shout though.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: March 22, 2017, 21:24 »
I could do with having another eye test and getting some new glasses, plus I want some sunglasses I can wear like out and about, I just need to find somewhere local that does Ray-Bans.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: March 23, 2017, 11:39 »
single free periods are the worst and i hate them

thanks gl <3

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: March 23, 2017, 20:32 »
final grading period started this week and i missed the first 3 days because i was on vacation

ive got 3 f's because my teachers put in assignments for when i wasn't here as incomplete

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: March 23, 2017, 22:55 »

if you browse the stores and find a frame you like try to make a sneaky note of the brand and the model number of the specs you like, then you can usually see if you can buy the frames on ebay/online and get the lenses put in for cheaper than the shops. basically the high street opticians prices are jacked way up because they gotta accomodate for a whole bunch of overheads like the costs of running the place and hiring the eye people and the receptionists and all the dummy glasses models etc.

if youre specsavers maybe you gotta pay for the rights to name your budget glasses after game of thrones characters for some reason (theres literally specsavers snow and specsavers tyrion for £25 each and i want to die cos its so cringy)

i feel u tho, im not lookin forward to replacing my 5? 6? year old pair specially since i prolly have to get transition lenses (+50 quid and no cheaper to the lens price, tried looking) otherwise its wearin my gawky amber goggles over my out of date glasses till the end of time
           

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2874 on: March 24, 2017, 08:00 »
I've been tempted to try order mine online but because my prescription is so awkward I pretty much have to go in store. Saying that specsavers are so much better than my old opticians. I was 13 when I realised that there were more glasses styles than old lady style ones lmao, I could actually get my lenses thinned too!
Bugs me though that according to the NHS website I should qualify for complex lenses (so get a discount) but nah.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: March 24, 2017, 09:10 »
I realised this morning that last night we shared four bottles of wine between four of us and i didn't wait a few hours before taking my meds so now im drunk again and im at school

thanks gl <3

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: March 25, 2017, 11:12 »
I created a world in Minecraft in Creative Mode and I found a cave full of Redstone ore and one Diamond ore! >_<

Why can't I find any in Survival!? I should set the difficulty to peaceful, so I have no fear of monsters while exploring dark caves!

I made a brewing stand (I cheated slightly) but I'm such a noob. I've only made potions with negative effects (have a few fermented spider eyes) but I don't know what I need to make one with a postive effect!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: March 25, 2017, 15:29 »
When I record my voice with my webcam, it sounds as though my head is in a fish bowl.

Get this fish bowl off my head. Seriously!

What can I do about this? I want to make Minecraft videos, but I can't with sound quality like that!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 16:00 by Petzbreeder »

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: March 25, 2017, 16:58 »
When I record my voice with my webcam, it sounds as though my head is in a fish bowl.

Get this fish bowl off my head. Seriously!

What can I do about this? I want to make Minecraft videos, but I can't with sound quality like that!
webcam mics are almost always terrible quality, if you want to make Youtube quality videos, you're infinitely better off investing in a real microphone of some sort.
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: March 25, 2017, 17:14 »
I don't understand how one person can go from feeling like they have the best friends ever and the strongest support system in the world to not even feeling like the same people would be there for you at all if you were going through a difficult time in the space of just a month or two. I don't even understand why they're pushing me away but I've never felt so lonely in my entire life.
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE