Author Topic: Mega Beedrill OU RMT (with a quick "What's Hyper Offense?" Section)  (Read 1671 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
So today I was really bored today and decided to dust off the big 'ol book of pokemon I haven't made a team around. Mega Beedrill sprang to mind, as seeing as it only fits on hyper offensive teams, it gives me a chance to look at this style of play a little more.

What's Hyper Offense?

-Hyper offense is a team composed of mostly, if not completely of, sweepers, wallbreakers, and stallbreakers. Many of these pokemon will have an imposing offensive presence and can take out portions of a team. Some teams under this category can have win conditions (basically a way to "checkmate" your opponent), while they are not required. You, however, can't just slap 6 garchomp on a team and be done, because you'd die to ice. These pokemon need to be able to work together in order to win.

-Hyper offense usually requires you to be able to make good reads based on how your opponent plays, which can include using a move that isn't obvious or double switching, in order to keep immense pressure on the opposing side. This can seem daunting to newer players but it's not bad once you practice a little.

The Team

So now that you know a bit of about what hyper offense is, let's get to the team.

PIERCE THE VEIL (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite 
Ability: Sniper 
EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk /4 Def /176 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Protect 
- Poison Jab 
- U-turn 
- Knock Off

Here it is, the star of the show. It's your typical set from the glass bee. Protect allows it to mega without dying to anything. Poison jab is the strongest attack with STAB and terminates fairies and grass types. U-Turn is STAB and helps keep momentum. Knock off removes items and provides utility. This pokemon hates facing steel types (especially heatran) so it requires a little help. Also can revenge kill weakened pokemon very easily, especially psychic types slower than it (which is basically every psychic type except mega alakazam).

Jacksonville (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet 
Ability: Intimidate 
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Stealth Rock 
- Earthquake 
- Stone Edge 
- Knock Off 

The most overused of the overused tier, it's everyone favorite NFL mascot. It sets rocks and gives my team another physical attacker, plus the ability slows down opposing physical attacker, with the helmet further discouraging physical attackers. This pokemon is mostly used for utility and bulk on the team, very useful for dealing with stuff like heatran when given the chance.

Thundercats (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure 
EVs: 8 HP/4 Def/252 SpA/244 Spe 
Timid Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk/30 SpA/30 Spe 
- Thunderbolt 
- Hidden Power [Fire] 
- Shadow Ball 
- Volt Switch

Raikou usually isn't the first choice for many OU teams, since most pokemon in OU that are electric types do its job a lot better, making people question its place in the tier. With this team, however, it provides a very helpful bird spam and water check and the special bulk to help support Landorus, as well as said special bulk to have an easier time switching in. At full health, this pokemon can take any one attack from either lati twin and take it out if the opposing is weakened. The special bulk also helps scare off keldeo, lest it take a STAB SE Electric attack Volt Switch also pairs with Beedrill nicely, allowing safer switching.

Tachycardia (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb 
Ability: Levitate 
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Defog 
- Draco Meteor 
- Psyshock 
- Earthquake

Ah Latios. One half of everyone's favorite keldeo checking duo. Latios is used for busting hole in the team, checking Keldeo (very helpful) and hazard removal (extremely useful). Earthquake with no investment and timid may seem like a very stupid choice, however, it's a great lure move because pokemon like heatran love coming into an obvious latios defog/draco meteor. So why not play a little mind game with them and punish?

0- Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 291-348 (75.3 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So with SR up, it would come to just a hair under 19% chance to OHKO heatran on the switch-in if the heatran is not air balloon. Either way, if SR is up, this almost completely makes heatran a nonfactor and can force the opponent to play from behind.

P.S. Tachy is fast. Cardia relates to the heart. So basically it means your heart is beating fast, and a well played Latios can drive your opponent's heart rate up.

Srirachi (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf 
Ability: Serene Grace 
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Iron Head 
- Healing Wish 
- U-turn 
- Ice Punch

Once again, another extremely overused pokemon with arguably its best set: choice scarf, serene grace and the infamous iron head. 60% flinch rate can turn the tide of battle with a little luck, and can even win battles via ragequitting. U-turn provides momentum, and Ice Punch punishes Landorus/Garchomp/Birds, as well as a 20% freeze chance. Healing Wish allows Jirachi to sacrifice itself to give a teammate a second chance to do its job. However, choice scarf locks you into one move, so choose wisely.

Rainbow Bash (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs 
Ability: Justified 
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk/30 Def 
- Scald 
- Hidden Power [Ice] 
- Hydro Pump 
- Secret Sword

Keldeo, yet another OU mon in OU. This pokemon is a key check to Bisharp and Weavile, which this team loves to have. Plus, the raw power of a spec hydro pump can break past many threats to this team, with scald punishing physical attackers with the chance of a burn. HP Ice is here to predict a bird or a lati twin switching in to take advantage of Keldeo. Icy Wind can be used here to basically autowin against a weakened lati, but the lower power and accuracy can pose a little of a problem at time, I.E. RNGesus deciding that you have sinned and deserve retribution.

So what do you think of this team? What are some things I may need to watch for? Do you hate me and everything I stand for? Leave a comment below. I will supply the exportable version upon request.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:37 by SirBlaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
A friend of mine on showdown (Shoutout to Avidity, you've been a boon to me), who is very knowledgeable about the metagame atm, helped me fix up my team. Here's what changed:

Beedrill
- EV's change from 252 Attack/4 Def/252 Speed to 76 HP/252 Attack/4 Def/176 Speed

Landorus-T
- Nature from Jolly to Impish
- Swapped Soft Sand out for Rocky Helmet
- EV's change from 72 HP/252 Atk/184 Speed
- Explosion dropped in favor of Stone Edge

Pokemon Changes
- Serperior, Heliolisk (sorry Chloe T_T), Starmie and Terrakion dropped
- Latios, Keldeo, Raikou and Jirachi added

First edits made on September 7, 2016
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:40 by SirBlaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN