Author Topic: Have you ever got stuck in a lift?  (Read 721 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Have you ever got stuck in a lift?
« on: November 09, 2016, 11:21 »
Have you ever been stuck in a lift? What was it like? How did it happen (if you know!)

I have yet to experience it, but I almost got stuck in one once.

I was in a lift at my old school taking a laptop trolley to class and there were two people with a trolley waiting to go in too (only one trolley could fit at a time!) and one of them kept putting their foot in the door everytime it closed, making it open again (it's one of those doors that open along the middle) once I told her to stop (which she did) the other person (a guy) put his foot in the door just before it closed, but the door didn't open and he got the end of his shoe stuck in the door. I tried to open the door by pressing the button, but it wouldn't open. I thought I was doomed! Then he either got his foot free or the lift wrecked his shoe (not sure which!) and the lift went down. I avoided getting stuck in a lift!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever got stuck in a lift?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 11:35 »
The hostel I go to has a lift that is just big enough for someone in a wheelchair to get in. For a while now, the door hasn't been able to close properly. So from time to time, someone has to give the door a little push from the outside before the person inside can use it without getting stuck. I have got stuck in it a few times.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 11:48 »
The hostel I go to has a lift that is just big enough for someone in a wheelchair to get in. For a while now, the door hasn't been able to close properly. So from time to time, someone has to give the door a little push from the outside before the person inside can use it without getting stuck. I have got stuck in it a few times.
Can't they fix it? It's a bit stupid to have a lift that people can get stuck in easily!

Also, can't you push from the inside or does it have to be outside?

How long have you been stuck?
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 12:03 »
Can't they fix it? It's a bit stupid to have a lift that people can get stuck in easily!

I agree with you there! They've mentioned that they're looking into it, but I'm not sure how long it will take for someone to sort it out.

Also, can't you push from the inside or does it have to be outside?

The door can't be closed by pushing it manually, unless it gets stuck. You can't open it by pushing it manually either.

How long have you been stuck?

Not long, since the support workers have to watch as the lift goes up or down. It's kind of a safety precaution sort of thing.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 11:49 »
when i get in a lift it just kinda groans and creaks and slowly goes to ground floor no matter which buttons i push and the lift keeps screaming GET OUT at me for some weird reason