Author Topic: Breeding Guide  (Read 820 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Breeding Guide
« on: October 28, 2013, 12:52 »
Now I don't know if this is the right place to post this. Sorry if it is not.

I'm a noob when it comes to successfully breeding Pokemon. I hear all this talk of natures. IV's and EV's. I've been scanning the internet for a guide on everything to do with breeding but have uncovered nothing. If someone could point me in the direction of a X & Y breeding guide or could write a detailed one themselves I would be most grateful! :)
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

quack98

Re: Breeding Guide
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 13:25 »
Youll have to excuse how bad I am at explaining, but I'll try my best. Firstly, ignore EVs, they are irrelevant to breeding (although I can explain how they work if you'd like). The easiest thing to explain is natures.

Natures each have a 1 in 25 chance of being received. How can you make that more likely? Make one parent hold an everstone and their nature will always be passed down!

IVs, however, are much harder to explain. Firstly, I'll assume you know what I mean by a 'power item'?

To check your IVs, use an online calculator and/or talk to the guy in Kiloude City. You want him to say that all your stats can't be better (this is extremely unlikely, one or two is great, but if all 6 you don't need to breed).

Now, choose a male and a female with good IVs and breed them. 3 IVs will be passed down.

Example.
Male: 12/31/13/17/9/31
Female: 18/9/31/31/4/29

The ideal baby here would inherit 3 31's. The other three stats are randomly generated.

How can you ensure a stat is inherited? Well, this is where power items come in. They can be held by either parent to ensure a stat is passed down (Power Lens = SpA; Power Anklet = Speed etc.). THIS ONLY WORKS ON ONE PARENT.

And finally, the Destiny knot, if held by either parent, means 5 IVs will be passed, not 3, which is incredibly useful!

Did that clear everything up? Or is there something you don't get?

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 15:26 »
Right so check IV's and want to get good IV's right ok. So what are IV's hahah!

Also. Does Natures take a role in a good successful breed?
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 15:34 »
IVs, to my understanding, are values assigned to Pokemon, that affect their base stats. A single IV can be at a maximum of 31. Pokemon can inherit IVs from their parents, by methods Dick stated in his post.

Natures are extremely important to a Pokemon's stats. Each nature, unless it's a neutral one, provides a 10% boost to one base stat, and a 10% decrease to another. For example, an Adamant nature would give a 10% increase to attack, and a 10% decrease to special attack. They're pretty important. Different movesets and strategies call for different natures, though I'm not the guy to ask about that sort of thing.
Again, Dick listed a way to pass on a nature, so there's that.