Author Topic: The Caption Contest... this is too much.  (Read 854 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Draghost999

The Caption Contest... this is too much.
« on: March 28, 2013, 21:19 »
The current amount of caption titles per group in the Caption Contest is an overdose. Five captions--and I think my head is going to explode. I love the Caption Contest and I'm always a contestant, and I'm fine to focus on one or two open captions. I can imagine some people saying that it's to speed up the Caption Contest, which is what a two-captions-per-group plan does. But five just rushes it. I can't focus on everything, I'm busy, and I find myself reluctant to post anything in even one of those because I feel so defeated. Whatever I'm posting in the five caption titles doesn't come out good, and I think it's because I'm impaired to think when there are that many. I can't focus on one. I don't need something like "Post one caption for each everyday if you can" or some kind of posting schedule to try. I don't need advice to get around it. Five captions for one week isn't fair, and neither is four. Around 2 or 3 would work. I want the amount of captions in circulation to be cut up into smaller and easier groups. Some might even say, as a reason for why there are that many captions, that the caption titles per two are being stuffed with way too many captions for a week and they want to reduce the amount by putting more images up. I would disagree. If that's the case, I don't know why anyone would care if there were too many captions for a title or two. And if that were so, Caption Contest is a chaos now. I want to know why the number of caption titles in each group increased to that high, and I want it to go down for a better change. What's next--8 caption titles together, 10, 15? Wow. I may never post a caption again because of the high number that will discourage me to do so. I have some questions and a request. For future captions and titles.

Draghost999

Re: The Caption Contest... this is too much.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 06:35 »
It's a lot for me but I'm ambitious. I want to land in the top 5 but I've lost hope because my best captions always come out after some thought and a while. I can't think of anything with how high and intimidating that amount is, but I can take the easiest caption and stick with it. *Breaks down and sobs* The Caption Contest will be stuck like this forever...

The unfairness is that some can't handle 5 in a week.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
Re: The Caption Contest... this is too much.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 08:23 »
The system is mostly automated - all we do is press a button to approve images (usually a while in advance). It seems like a couple of them got approved without the date being advanced.

I can't take them back, but I'll take a look and fix any other future weeks that will have the same problem.

The intention is to have them come out one at a time, not grouped. I can't see why this went wrong here (I suspect a bit too much haste when approving or a bugged script fixed some time ago), but it shouldn't happen again.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!