Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380795 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #3840 on: December 07, 2018, 17:37 »
My headphones are dying.
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: December 12, 2018, 15:37 »
My dad is ill in hospital today, having an endoscopy. He's been losing weight rapidly recently, and we don't know why.

I'm fearing the worst and hoping for the best at the same time.

The worst would probably be some kind of cancer. The best would be a stomach virus that some medication can sort out.

Edit: My dad came back from hospital a few hours ago. Unfortunately, the doctors couldn't find anything wrong, so he has to go back for more tests later.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 21:35 by Petzbreeder »

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: December 15, 2018, 19:02 »
having a job is bad. like its good but its bad.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: December 18, 2018, 21:00 »
 It's either my throat or my sinuses but something is feeling funny and I'm not going to be able to call in sick over the Christmas period so I'm a little worried about it, ngl. Got these "extra strong" Halls but they taste awful so I'm hoping that some decent sleep will do the trick tbh.

Genuinely developing a great loathing for customers who'll go out of their way to make my job harder when there's no need for it.

Had a customer doubt and challenge me whilst putting their order through and then after demanding a receipt, they stood there for ages reading through the thing to see if I made any mistakes. It's actually pretty insulting and usually leads to me leaving them until last if I can't just not serve them.

It's the sort of thing that reminds me to get back on the job search once I'm driving.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: December 20, 2018, 10:05 »
The mods are going to be busy today. I just reported a few people who were necroposting, and spamming very inappropriate things.

I can't believe how bad things have become on this forum. I just wish there was more that I could do when the mods aren't around.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3845 on: December 22, 2018, 00:41 »
The mods are going to be busy today. I just reported a few people who were necroposting, and spamming very inappropriate things.

I can't believe how bad things have become on this forum. I just wish there was more that I could do when the mods aren't around.
lmao it's just spambots. it's not people going out of their day to post those things, and the mods can't be around 24/7

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: December 23, 2018, 18:23 »
My anxiety is the worst it's been in years

Like I haven't been able to look at my phone all day because of it, let alone do a food shop or do any Christmas shopping

I've got to go to work tomorrow and I don't even know how I'm going to be able to

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: December 29, 2018, 11:06 »
My mum has no understanding of how singing works.

When I'm singing a song I like, which is typically a boy band song, my mum complains I'm singing too deep and that I should sing in a different key. She doesn't understand that when singing at the same time a song is playing, you have to match the key, or else it sounds stupid.

Then she tells me to sing in a different octave, but when I do, she complains that I'm singing too high!

I just can't enjoy singing when my mum is around.

Edit: My grandma annoys me a bit too.

She replaces pretty much every noun with Thingymajig every time she talks.

"I went to the Thingymajig (shop) and met Thingymajig (her friend) the other day. She told me her Thingymajig (daughter) was invited to a Thingymajig (party) at her Thingymajig's (friend's) house."

She will then ask "Do you know what I'm talking about?" and we all scratch our heads trying to work it out!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:37 by Petzbreeder »

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: December 29, 2018, 12:44 »
My mum has no understanding of how singing works.

When I'm singing a song I like, which is typically a boy band song, my mum complains I'm singing too deep and that I should sing in a different key. She doesn't understand that when singing at the same time a song is playing, you have to match the key, or else it sounds stupid.

Then she tells me to sing in a different octave, but when I do, she complains that I'm singing too high!

I just can't enjoy singing when my mum is around.

honestly when she starts to complain id keep the same tune but replace all the lyrics in the song with "shut uuuuup shut uuuuuup" but that might not go down well so maybe dont do it perhaps.

i guess this is me being sympathy annoyed that ppl cant just let other people sing for the sake of singing and not treat it like theyre one of the judges on x factor. when im prime minister criticising peoples singing will be illegal,
           

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: December 30, 2018, 02:06 »
 Adding blackcurrant to whisky has probably been one of the worst decisions I've made in a long time, ngl.

It was horrible.

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: December 30, 2018, 20:37 »
Adding blackcurrant to whisky has probably been one of the worst decisions I've made in a long time, ngl.

It was horrible.

have you ever been tricked by the bartender into them thinking whiskey and a squeeze of lime is good,

spoiler, it isn't, it tastes like someone put their hair in a candle flame
           

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3851 on: December 31, 2018, 00:47 »
have you ever been tricked by the bartender into them thinking whiskey and a squeeze of lime is good,

have you ever been tricked that whiskey tastes good at all bc my mum bought whiskey and gave some of it to me straight and i think i died

also it's 2019 tomorrow and i want die. i'm so lonely and genuinely considering applying to channel 4's the undateables (bc i'm physically disabled and have adhd so i qualify??? probably?????) bc jesus christ i'm lonely

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: December 31, 2018, 04:24 »

Oof all we need is for someone to put some orange cordial into their whiskey and we've completed the holy trinity of awful things to put into whiskey. Ginger ale goes really nice with it tho lowkey and probs would go nice with the cinnamon variants.

have you ever been tricked that whiskey tastes good at all bc my mum bought whiskey and gave some of it to me straight and i think i died

Ruh roh, whisky neat can be pretty brutal ngl could settle with dat swanky parma violet gin tho which is like drinking the sweets and pretty noice.

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: December 31, 2018, 15:15 »

hello shaymins ghost. rip that you died but welcome to the forums,

also want 2 say whiskey is Good. i used to hate it but i bought mid shelf supermarket own brand (dog turd whiskey basically) and was like "why is this so hard to get into, who poisoned the whiskey". once i got a few good single malts bought for me for bdays etc it was one of the best things in the world but i cant drink anymore because im an epilepsy now and i miss it A LOT.

flowers & horticulture kind of fills that gap tho cos i dont want people to think im sittin here bein miserable all day cos i cant drink whiskey or whatever cos thats a bad look,

Oof all we need is for someone to put some orange cordial into their whiskey and we've completed the holy trinity of awful things to put into whiskey.

we'll call it "the unholy trinity". watch it actually take off and be a huge success like those godawful saisons and them dumbass canned craft IPAs with crap like cumin and ambergris in them

p.s. sorry in advance if you like canned IPAs i just get really angry at them,

Ginger ale goes really nice with it tho lowkey and probs would go nice with the cinnamon variants.

despite loving ginger i cant stand ginger ale lol. ill try again one day but the only mixer ill tolerate (whiskey should be neat and only have a few teaspoons of water if its too harsh/open stuff up a bit) is lemonade for mixing with laphroaig because no-one can drink that stuff neat. it makes this smoky hint lemonade n whiskey and i luv it

parma violet gin

p sure people have homemade that stuff before a la skittles vodka? i mean im curious tbh but
           

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: December 31, 2018, 15:56 »
I've spotted an empty gym in Pokemon Go. The problem is that I'm not entirely sure how to get to it.