Author Topic: Salutations.  (Read 1881 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
  • Happiness is for happy people.
    • View Profile
Salutations.
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:30 »
Greetings, my name is Cole, but on this grand site I shall be known as Neo Tenens. I am a teenage poet with the ability Moody and the nature Adamant. I love dark types, I always have since I got a Zoroark in B2. I started with platinum, and I have been hooked since, playing Pearl, Heartgold, Black and White, BW2, Emerald, Y, and soon to be Omega Ruby. I hail to Giratina, as he is master of all and will eat your soul if you don't give him the God*mn Poke-puff. My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, and I have one from Italy named Ziffzaff. I absolutly hate Stunfisk, and my favorite game was Black. Thanks, and I hope I like it here!
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: Salutations.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 07:07 »
Welcome to PKMN.net, Cole! Favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, eh? Well if you're into competitive battling at all, maybe you'd be interested in reading how Bisharp is used competitively?

In any case, I hope to see you around here! Have fun. :)
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 07:19 »
Kudos to you for having Bisharp as your favourite pokemon. He's not really my absolute favourite poke, but he's certainly up there on the list, probably my favourite dark pokemon, and I must say that he does look bad***

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:50 »
Welcome, try to fit your poetry into your posts at times or something, idk, would love to hear something

Hope to see ya around

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 13:29 »
Adding to Muhed's point, the Your Art board would also be a great place to post some poetry

Welcome btw =]
Bisharp is one of my favourites from Gen V =]

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 16:18 »
Hey, welcome!
I'm dragoncat, as you can see, and I'm an artist. I'm not great with poetry, but I do enjoy reading it from time to time. Cool that your favorite is Bisharp, it's also one of my favorites. My favorite, though, is Giratina.
Hope to see you around!
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 16:55 »
Hey Cole.

I'm a poetry fan, so like Alex and Lord Raven (Muhed, but her prefers that I don't call him that, mainly because he doesn't know me that much) said, try putting it into some of your posts when it seems right.

Bisharp is really fun to use competitively imo. Here, there's a small, yet loyal, competitive fanbase. But don't let that put you off, anyone here is welcome. Rich is the main guy if you want to get into that, talk to him about that.

I mainly go by Blaze or SB2K, I don't really mind what i'm called tbh. I'm personally a blaziken fan and my top 3 dark pokemon are:

Umbreon
Absol
Bisharp

There's a lot of fun discussions flying around on IRC, why not take a look. It's been really popular here of late. Enjoy it all!
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 20:19 »
In response the poetry bit, maybe I will post some someday, I actually have had a bit of... What would you call the poet version of artist's block? Poet's block? I don't know.

In response to Dragoncat (I think that's what it was) Giratina is my second favourite, and my favorite legend, maybe tied with Cobalion. I like Dark, Ghost, and Steel types in general. Some of my other favorites are Lucario (how unique of me,) Banette, and Hydreigon.

In response to anything about competitive, I love showdown, and I go on the battle spot in Y from time to time. In fact, me and some friends where I live are starting a league-type thing, where all of us are gym leaders, and the current champion will defend themselves. We've just started, so we don't quite have the details ironed out yet, but we may utilize Secret bases in ORAS. So far I'm the dark type gym, My friend Jake is Fighting, my friend Alex is ghost, and my friend Noah might be ice or dragon.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 20:29 »
Lucario is awesome, I must say. My favorite legend atm is Lugia. I like some steel types, but in general, I like Fire, Fighting and Water.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 21:22 »
Cool, cool. Haha, that's pretty close to my favorite types, actually, which are Dark, Ghost, and Dragon. And Hydreigon is my favorite non-legendary Dragon. Lucario is also pretty cool, and I like Banette, mostly for the concept.

Oh, we did something similar to that here, actually, only ours was an Elite 4, since, as Blaze mentioned, the competitive scene here is kinda small. Let's see... bread (currently bread zeppelin) was Psychic, I was Ghost, Spriter was Water, JSM was Flying, and Richard was Fire and the champion.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 21:31 »
^Yeah, to add to that, I beat the league once and I may want a second go around.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 21:57 »
Hey Cole, welcome to the site ^^

Not a massive fan of dark types, but I like shiny weavile and Hydreigon (but mostly because he's a dragon xD). My absolute favourite pokemon is Meganium though, as my avatar probably makes obvious xD

Anyways, I generally go by Dick because that's my name xD Hope to see you stick around ^^
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 23:41 »
Cool, cool. Haha, that's pretty close to my favorite types, actually, which are Dark, Ghost, and Dragon. And Hydreigon is my favorite non-legendary Dragon. Lucario is also pretty cool, and I like Banette, mostly for the concept.

Oh, we did something similar to that here, actually, only ours was an Elite 4, since, as Blaze mentioned, the competitive scene here is kinda small. Let's see... bread (currently bread zeppelin) was Psychic, I was Ghost, Spriter was Water, JSM was Flying, and Richard was Fire and the champion.

Yeah, Dragon ranks probably 4th on my favorite types list, maybe 5th, interchangeable with Fighting.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 01:32 »
Ah, I saw you in the IRC once.  If you come in, just hang around and someone will start talking eventually.  Don't close the window or nothing or you'll disconnect.

If you come in during the later parts of the day or early in the morning then people are most likely asleep.  If you see Raven in the IRC then just say "Raven" and i'll be sure to come around.