Author Topic: Double Posting on Nuzlocke/Wedlocke/Egglocke etc threads  (Read 1359 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
As the rules of the site state, double posting is not permitted on threads unless they meet certain conditions, such as being on the "Your Art" board and containing sufficient new artwork. However, I'm wondering if the rules for a Nuzlocke challenge update change as well.

I'm mainly asking this because I plan to start my own Pokemon Diamond Nuzlocke challenge, and now the winter holidays have started I actually have the time and motivation to update it frequently. However, if the rules for a Nuzlocke do not change, I will have to wait until a reply (which can take anything from five minutes to a month, possibly even longer).

Some Pokemon forums have rules changed for Nuzlocke challenges. For example, the Marriland forums allow double posting on Nuzlocke updates, as long as it isn't too shortly after the last one (at least six hours in between) and it isn't done too often. Of course, if you fill up a whole page of 10+ updates with no replies, action will often be taken.

I've checked a few of the Nuzlocke threads, and I think the reason a lot of them went to waste is because without a reply, the current double posting rules stop them from posting an update, which bumps the thread and let's more people notice it.

Of course, if the last update was a good few months old or anything longer, double posting would certainly be questionable, if not banned. Otherwise, you would get an age-old Nuzlocke no one remembers (or cares about) that is just asking for attention that it most likely won't get.

Thanks for reading.

Needs more Gengar

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Double Posting on Nuzlocke/Wedlocke/Egglocke etc threads
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 21:48 »
I'm no mod, but I think the actual mods may be ok with it if you don't do it too often.

Of course I'll read your nuzlocke.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 22:44 »
Oh well, that works. Thanks for that link Raven.

I guess I may as well lock this thread now, it was a bit pointless xD

Needs more Gengar

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 15:32 »
No need.  People may have follow up questions or general intrest.