Author Topic: Inferna's Egglocke Challenge  (Read 5991 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

quack98

Re: Inferna's Egglocke Challenge
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 19:10 »
At least the 8th gym should be fairly easy.

And yeah, Tropius is the best! Who doesn't want a bananasaur?

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 20:07 »
Yay Luke! Take him to the champion! I did, never lost.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 08:09 »
Sorry for the wait!I'll have the next update posted tonight after college is done.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 12:10 »
It's fine. Certainly cannot wait to see how you do!

Offline OpallapO

• Rob Fan
  • Doing a Nuzlocke on Platinum and playing White :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 16:09 »
This sounds really good! Can't wait for the next update :3
Awkward :/

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 17:15 »
So after a little while I began to train up each of the Pokemon bit by bit. I could see from the start that this was going to be tough as each has their own quirks! (Plus a weakness to fire..) I was still unsure as to why these Pokemon had all randomly appeared but I was to find out why in due course.

After training each Pokemon up a little bit I decided that for the time being I would box Caledo. I couldn't see much use for her yet. Flurry the Snover proved her worth by beating a level 12 Riolu a hiker was using while she was at level 6! I was stunned.

Eventually we made our way to Virbank City after gaining some more levels. I really dislike all of these bright lights. Plus the city seems really grubby and grimy, I can't put my finger on it but I'm just not keen on it! I headed south of the city to the industrial estate, Virbank Complex. I thought that I would catch a Pidove as they looked quite cute. I tossed the ball out and caught it. Ready to use Pipi in battle I sent her out and another egg appeared. She was gone!

Was this some kind of joke? I guessed so. I walked around a little more and to my joy a little Tepig hatched out of the egg! This is all leaving me very confused as to where these eggs are coming from and why. I named him Cajun. I did some more training.

Then the biggest shock of the day: Lexie evolved! She seemed quite puzzled too. Although she is still very immature and not sure of herself yet. It's very unusual having a female Lucario at such a young age although she already seems to play the motherly role quite well.

Cajun powered through Magnemite after Magnemite and evolved into Pignite. Unlike Lexie he seems much more sure of himself although he is very easy ozy about everything.

Using Lexie's new-found Poision resistance we took on the Virbank gym without too much hassle. What a disgusting place for a gym, a rock club! Pokemon should not be in this sort of environment. The leader Roxie was very cocky but she soon cut that out when we beat her.

After beating her we were approached by a scout for Pokestar studios. Me a movie star, I'd have never thought it! More strangeness as Roxie's dad who was a sea captain who wanted an acting career but it bombed decided to take us to Castelia City. Great another big city! Before we could sail though there was more trouble with Team Plasma. They were easily disposed of!

We set sail across the sea. I was secretly quite excited, never having been to the mainland! (The mountains are too treacherous pass even on a good day) We all reached Castelia. Now this was much nicer than Virbank! The towering buildings seemed to blend in to the sky. People whizzing past all the time. I wandered around a little and decided to rename Flurry to Wyvis. It suits her much better.
Feeling brave I decided to try and battle the leader, an arty farty guy. Burgh? Sounds like the noise you'd make when you're cold. Brr indeed. We strolled up but found he wasn't there! The weird gym guy who gives out water was there instead. He said he was at the Sewers, more stuff with Team Plasma. Ugh sewers. Ugh. Ughhhhhhhh. A crazy haired girl named Iris came and took me there.

Surprise surprise, Darren was there! He was on the hunt for Team Plasma. When that boy gets a Combee in his bonnet wow. I figured I'd catch another Pokemon here. My options were limited. Grimer, Rattata, Zubat, no wonder they live here. Grudgingly I caught a female Zubat and named her Toxi.

The. same. thing. happened. again. Another egg. Whyyyy. Excusing myself up onto the streets I cycled around (oh yeah a crazy clown gave me a free bike) until the egg hatched. An Oddish popped out. I'd never seen an Oddish before. I decided to call her Fleur. Deciding to leave Darren for the night I checked into the PokeCenter and bunked down.

Cal signing off~

Current Team:

Cajun lvl 18
- Tackle
- Flame Charge (egg move btw)
- Arm Thrust
- Defense Curl

Raze lvl 17
- Vacuum Wave
- Quick Attack
- Agility
- Pursuit

Wyvis lvl 20
- GrassWhistle
- Leer
- Razor Leaf
- Icy Wind

Lexie lvl 19
- Quick Attack
- Force Palm
- Me First
- Shadow Claw (egg move)

Moray lvl 18
- SonicBoom
- Growl
- Water Gun
- Quick Attack

Grove
- Razor Leaf
- Gust
- Synthesis
- Growth

Boxed
Caledo lvl 4
Fleur lvl 1
Weaver lvl 3 (caught on Rt 20)
Mocha lvl 15 (caught on Rt 4)

Deaths

None yet <3

~

Woo update is done. I'll put a list of locations I can trade an egg over in. I may not anyway, I quite like my team right now aha. Hopefully I'll be at Nimbassa/Driftveil by Monday.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 17:32 »
I'm surprised that there are no deaths yet.

Wait, why did I jinx it?

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 19:09 »
I have a feeling Wyvis may be lost first...please prove me wrong please please please!

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 12:31 »
It's been another busy past few days.

After resting up at the Pokemon Centre I decided to go back into the sewers to look around. I found a nice training spot above ground, filled with lots of grass and a small tree in the middle. I trained everyone up and soon learned how devastating Raze will be. She seems to gain a boost from using weaker powered moves which is great! She's very relaxed though.

Going back into the main part of the city we challenged Burgh. His gym was amazing! Filled with cocoons and silk slides. Let's just say Burgh didn't take very long to beat, with Cajun burning everything to a crisp.

We left town and headed north to the Route 4 and the Desert Resort. Another few near misses here but luckily the nurse in the Desert Resort saved us having to go back to Castelia. I have began to realise that when I catch Pokemon in named places, such as the Desert Resort this is when eggs appear. I caught a Sandile named Irwin and he was then replaced by an egg. Doing the usual I hatched it. It was a Wingull! As I already have Moray on my team I have no need for a water type. I named him Patrick. He knows Fly too which is a real bonus.

Eventually after trekking through the sand we reached Nimbasa City. It was very bright and colourful and even had an amusement park! Craving some lush nature I headed west and into Route 16. I caught a Liepard and named her Sonata. We went into Lostlorn Forest. Then the unexpected happened...

Sonata died.

She dropped dead and wouldn't get back up. We were battling a breeder and his Tranquill scored a critical hit. Sonata crashed to the ground, miaowing loudly. "What have you done?" I cried to the breeder, who just stared back hollow eyed. "I.. I don't know. I'm so sorry." Picking up her limp body, not even thinking to put her in her Pokeball, I went back to the Poke Centre. The nurse looked shocked when I started screaming.

She took me aside and sat me down. I explained to her what had happened. She told me to stop talking when I mentioned eggs. "I'm sorry to say that you are one of the few trainers I've seen in a long time with this.. this curse," she paused. "You've only been able to catch Pokemon on certain numbered routes. Any Pokemon you catch elsewhere are replaced with eggs. Now you've experienced the worst part. Death. I am amazed that this is your first death. Once your Pokemon faints it is dead, no second chances." She inhaled and grabbed my shaking hand. "I can arrange somewhere for you to bury her if you like?" I nodded.

I buried Sonata close to where I caught her.

Filled with rage I went back into the forest and I caught another egg. It was a fat yellow Pokemon named Drowzee. I named him Freud.

I decided that I would change my team a little bit. Smiling I let Wyvis out for a while and then returned her. I put her in the PC. Safe. I took out the skittish Oddish named Fleur. Going back to Castelia I trained Fleur up until she evolved into Gloom. One ugly Pokemon to another! Still she is very useful with her spores and poison. I renamed her Raffeli.

Heading back to Nimbasa once again, Moray finally evolved. Moray and I grew even more closer, he was my first egg that I hatched. No way was I going to lose him.

Going back to that godforsaken forest I forgot that Freud was at the front of my party. A wild Swadloon jumped out and entangled Freud in a string shot. I couldn't return him or run away. The Swadloon bit down hard on Freud, causing him to die. Another death. Sobbing I dug another grave and placed Freud inside his Pokeball in it.

What kind of trainer am I?

Heading east we met Bianca again. She seemed oblivious to my grief and showed me a hidden grotto. Inside was a Minccino. I managed to catch him and named him Latte. Latte is very self assured for something so cute.

After some more training we were ready to face Elesa. Let's just hope there are no more deaths.

sorry for the ramble

two deaths </3 was looking forwards to using Liepard and Drowzee.

Team

Moray lvl 30 [Swift Swim]
- Aqua Jet
- Double Hit
- Pursuit
- Quick attack

Cajun lvl 30 [Blaze]
- Flame Charge
- Rollout
- Take Down
- Arm Thrust

Latte lvl 30 [Skill Link]
- Tail Slap
- Sing
- Encore
- Charm

Lexie lvl 30 [Steadfast]
- Quick attack
- Bone Rush
- Force Palm
- Me First

Raffeli lvl 30 [Chlorophyll]
- Mega Drain
- Venoshock
- Stun Spore
- Sleep Powder

Raze lvl 30 [Technician]
- Slash
- Fury Cutter
- Agility
- Wing Attack

Boxed
Caledo lvl 4
Wyvis lvl 24
Grove lvl 16
Patrick lvl 1
Weaver lvl 3 (caught on Rt 20)
Mocha lvl 15 (caught on Rt 4)

Deaths
<3
Sonata
Freud

~

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 14:06 »
May your lost rest in peace. v_v

Restating my last question, yes, I did jinx it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 00:24 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 16:35 »
Awww...that sucks, Sonata and Freud...may they rest peacefully.

I was right that Wyvis didn't die first, but now I feel guilty that I was wrong...

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 10:43 »
~On Route 6 I caught a Deerling named Rowan. He’s very sassy. I boxed him, I might use him later.

~A young kid gave me a shiny stone on Route 6. I evolved Latte with it. He’s very pernickety about his appearance now, what with his fabulous fur!

~We trained up a little more for Clay. Raffeli had decided to pull out the Leaf Stone I found in Lostlorn Forest. She seemed delighted with her newfound appearance. I must say she looked much prettier! Cajun looked a little sad, he is still waiting to evolve.

~We managed to beat Clay. If it wasn’t for Raffeli I doubt we would have beaten him.

~There was more Team Plasma business on a huge ship. Strange.

~On Route 6 Cheren gave me Surf. I surfed along the pleasant streams and rivers and went inside Mistralton cave. I managed to catch an Axew, I prayed that it would still be there once I let it out. Nope. Another egg! It hatched into an Audino, I named him Deano. He was very shy and I decided just to box him.
~Wandering some more we reached Chargestone Cave. It was an awesome place, filled with giant magnetic boulders! Again I tried to catch a Klink named Rotor but an egg appeared. Hatching it, out popped a Sableye. I named him Ore, for a Sableye he is very careful and conscious of what he’s doing.
~We emerged from the cave relatively unscathed and healed up. I decided to do some training on Route 7. This would turn out to be a not so lucky route.

~Running headfirst onto the route a girl wanted to have a triple battle with me. It ended with Cajun dying.  It was foolish when 3 of her Pokemon were flying and Cajun was part fighting. He died to a critical hit from a Tranquil’s Air Slash. At this point I was almost ready to give up. I noticed Celestial Tower looming in the distance so I decided to bury Cajun there. Heading up the stairs I caught a Litwick. She was replaced with an egg.

~To honour Cajun I decided to hatch my next egg where I hatched him, in Virbank Complex. Out came a female Swinub. She was very laidback, much like Cajun when he was a Tepig.  I named her Truffles.
Eventually we reached Route 7 again. I unwilling headed into a rotation battle after a youngster spotted me in the grass. I thought it was just going my way when Lexie died. It was such a blur I can’t even remember how she died. I began sobbing; the youngster looked confused and ran off.  Moray and Raze looked dejected. Two of their long-time friends gone in an hour.

~Feeling a mixture of emotions I put my heart into training. I trained Truffles up until she evolved into the beast that was Plioswine.

~We trashed Skyla. She seemed startled at how strong I was but I didn’t care. I had to fight for those I had lost.

~Skyla flew us over to Lentimas town in the east. Heading into Reversal Mountain I caught a Skarmory. Expecting an egg to come out of Skarmory’s Pokeball, Skarmory did. He screeched and flew off. I spotted an egg nestled amongst some rocks. It hatched to reveal a Numel. I figured it had been abandoned. I named her Kilauea.  I trained her up until she evolved into Camerupt. She and Truffles get on quite well, they seem to be the mothers of the team, both being gentle and calm.

~Heading though Reversal Mountain with Bianca (who was doing some research) we reached Undella Town. What contrasts!

~On route 14 I caught a male Swablu named Soprano. I evolved him into Altaria and taught him Fly.

~I was desperate to catch another Pokemon. My nearest route was route 12. Making it there I caught a female Combee. That was lucky! Female Combee are rare. I named her Nectar. I decided then that I would train her for awhile instead of Raze. She seemed pleased at this, knowing she is safe from death in the PC box. Now Moray is my only ‘original member’.

~I evolved Nectar into Vespiquen.

~Flying back to Driftviel with a bundle of heart scales I taught Nectar some ‘old’ moves she couldn’t learn as a Combee.

~We set off to explore the Strange House near Lentimas Town. The atmosphere is very odd, still lots of Pokemon live there so I seized my chances and caught a Raticate named Nic. As usual Nic was replaced with an egg. It hatched into an Eevee! I named him Elliot. I boxed Latte as I felt he was growing weary.
Unsure of what to evolve Elliot into I decided on the Johto region eeveelutions: Espeon and Umbreon. Flipping a Poke coin 3 times it was Espeon!

~Making Elliot as happy as possible he evolved and I trained him up to become part of the team.

~Now I’m deciding whether to take on Drayden yet or not.

Team:
Moray lvl 40

- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Return
- Ice Fang

Nectar lvl 42

- Heal Order
- Air Slash
- Power Gem
- Bug Buzz

Kilauea lvl 39

- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Yawn

Raffeli lvl 40

- Energy Ball
- Venoshock
- Sleep Powder
- Aromatherapy

Truffles lvl 42

- Thrash
- Earthquake (didn't evolve until 37)
- Ice Fang
- Endure

Elliot lvl 38

- Signal Beam
- Psychic
- Morning Sun
- Swift

Deaths
Lexie
Cajun
Sonata
Freud

~

;_____;

ugh

this is definitely the weirdest team I've ever trained but I'm enjoying it!
I'll hopefully beat the game soonish.

Hope you've enjoyed it so far~
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:46 by Inferna »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 18:17 »
I wondered how busy you were :P Glad you're back, I needed another nuzlocke alongside mine so that there is empathy.

I am sorry for your deaths! I have had four, just like you...such tragic losses for you.

Keep it up though!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 20:06 »
NO! Not Lexie, not her! Why boy why?! :'(

Sorry, lost it a bit there.