Author Topic: [Fanfiction] Zeke the Scrafty - The Legend of the Land of No Return  (Read 1623 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
Part 1

"Zeke, it's time to finish this up! Use High Jump Kick!" Yelled the strawberry-blonde haired trainer as the hooded lizard Pokemon leaped in the air and launched a powerful kick, knocking the opponent trainer's Bouffalant into a nearby tree and onto the ground, rendering him unable to battle.

The hooded lizard Pokemon, with the scarred left eye and the "pants" made out of it's own shed skin, folds it's arms and chuckles as the other trainer sighs, returning the defeated buffalo Pokemon to it's Ultra Ball. The Hoodlum Pokemon Scrafty looks back at his trainer, who is cheering with delight. She is only 4" 8', not the tallest for someone her age. She raises her hand in victory as her striped top and cardigan blow in the direction of the wind.

Many Pokemon in this world have the ability to understand English, and sometimes speak it. The Scrafty, named Zeke, is able to do that, but is usually silent and let's his actions explain his feelings.

Zeke's trainer runs up to him as her Weavile partner follows closely behind. The Weavile's name is Xero, who is a lot more talkative than Zeke but prone to saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

"Zeke, you did it!" says the trainer, named Faye. Zeke, unlike Faye who is celebrating the victory, shrugs his shoulders and grunts disdainfully, closing his usually half-shut gray eyelids. "He knows, Faye. He was there." Xero says, staring at Zeke who just stood there with the usual grouchy expression that doesn't really change.

"Ah well. It's getting late you two. I say we head to the town's Pokemon center and stay there tonight, got that?" Faye says, still trying to resist the urge to suddenly begin cheering over her win even though it has already ended. Zeke and Xero both nod and follow Faye back to the glass building with a red roof covering the top of it.

The automatic doors open in front of them, and Nurse Joy stands at the reception counter smiling. The trio walk up to her as Nurse Joy begins the talking. "I can already see by the expression on your face that you need to rest up. No worries, I can get you a room for the night."

Faye shrugs. "Guess I shouldn't bother hiding it then."

Nurse Joy, Faye and Xero laugh while Zeke groans and stands there trying not to collapse from overwhelming boredom. Faye takes out four pokeballs and tosses them in the air as the remaining members of her team leap out of them.

Derrick the Pangoro, Chantelle the Gothitelle, Rocky the Krookodile and Abigail the Meloetta appear out of the shining light the Pokeball emits. The four of them seem fine, but have no doubt all taken damage from the battle beforehand.

"These four have been hurt from our last battle. Can you take a look at them?" Faye says. "These guys will be fine though" she points to Zeke and Xero as Nurse Joy hands her a room key, pointing to the stairs which lead to their floor.

"Room 29. Have a nice day!" Nurse Joy says, smiling with a voice trilling. Faye returns Derrick, Chantelle and Rocky to their Pokeballs, but Abigail dodges the red beam from the Pokeball and hides behind Zeke, who's face is turning red as a beet. "I dont want to go back in there, it's dark and horrible!" Abigail says, clutching onto one of Zeke's legs. Zeke has, although he doesn't want to admit it, always had a thing for Abigail. He loved the way she flicked her hair, the way her voice trilled like an angel, the way she -

"Your blushing dude." The Ice Weasel Pokemon says, trying to refrain from falling on the floor laughing. Zeke shakes Abigail off and walks over to Xero with his hand clenched into a fist. Prepared to launch a Drain Punch, Faye steps in front of Zeke which makes him stop the attack.

"I know you two dont like each other sometimes, but we will all be in the same room for just one night. Try not to get into yet another fight as per usual." Says Faye as Zeke and Xero glare at each other with anger in their eyes.

Zeke still growls, ready to bite Xero's head off and shove it up his rear end, but Faye retaliates... By taking out a picture of a Jigglypuff. Zeke yells as loud as possible, almost shattering the glass. He snatches the room key out of Faye's hands and running hell for leather upstairs, occasionally tripping over the "pants" on his waist.

Faye and Xero just chuckle to themselves. "He never learns does he?" Faye says, laughing.

First part complete! Hope you like it. The plot will unfold more later.

Needs more Gengar

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Part 2

Faye turns the doorknob and switches on the room light, only to see Zeke almost covered by a blanket, shivering. Faye groans. "I can't tell if he's shaking because he's scared of a balloon, or he's just cold."

"Well, its winter and the temperature is almost below freezing. Being an Ice type, I'm probably making the room colder just by being in it as well." The Ice Weasel Pokemon replies. "Anyway, he used to live in the desert, he's not used to this heat."

Zeke still hides under the covers, trembling. He lifts part of the blanket up to eavesdrop on the conversation. Scared of a balloon. Pssh. It isnt his fault Game Freak decided to give him a 4X weakness to Fairy types.

Zeke closes his already half-shut eyelids and reminisces back through time. Back to when him and Faye both met.

"Arceus dammit! That blasted Scraggy has struck again!"

"What's his problem? We try and get on with our construction, and this leaping lizard waltzes in and makes it fall to pieces!"

"Well we've tried countless plans to stop him, but none of them have come close to working. The only real choice is to just rebuild what he destroyed."

"Why, so he can just wreck it again?"

"Hey, we're trying to get rid of him but let's face it. If he can get past our Timburr guards, we have a fat chance of stopping him."

"Whatever you say. Well, time to get back to work."

As this conversation went on, the very Pokemon in question slyly watched over them from the shadows. Snickering lightly to himself, he overlooked the construction team resuming the futile work. The project had been taking place for a few months now, but efforts to make progress have been fruitless due to this Scraggy wreaking havoc when they least expect it. After all, this was his territory, and there was no way he was letting some pesky builders get in the way of it. Especially without his permission.

Letting his hands fall to the sides of his "pants", he lifted them up, pulling the skin upwards with them as they had started to sag a little too low on him. He was just glad that he didn't have to worry about them falling while he ran or went into a fight or something. That'd be difficult to deal with constantly.

While watching the construction workers and their Timbur get back to work again, he saw two of the workers talking amongst themselves further away from the construction site. Getting slightly curious on this, he made his way closer to the two of them; being careful so as not to be seen. As he got in closer, the voices were suddenly picked up on him.

"So you sure about this? I mean, this Scraggy's a tough one to deal with."

"Not entirely, but it's the best shot we've got right now. They're close by in the desert so they'll be here real soon. Besides, I heard that this trainer is one of the toughest from the Sinnoh Region. We'll just have to put our trust in them."

So they were planning on trying to get rid of him were they? Well, he'd like to see them try. No way was he going to go down without a fight...And he had yet to have lost a single time. After all,...trainers around these parts were weak compared to him so he had nothing to worry about.

...Right?

Later that afternoon as the workers were continuing on building on the site with the help of their Timburr, a blur of yellow streaked by, only to leap up into the air and crash through a steel beam that had been halfway into being welded to the rest of the building's structure, sending it crashing into the desert ground below. This had caused the ones that were nearby to scatter out of harm's way before glancing up towards where the beam had once been, only to spot the very Scraggy that had been terrorizing them.

"It's that Scraggy again! He just doesn't know when to quit!"

Both builders throw their Pokeballs simultaneously, as the Timburrs appear out of the emitted light. The Scraggy chuckled before initiating a fatal High Jump Kick, leaving one Timburr lying on the ground immediately defeated.

The other Timburr gave him a stare with revenge in his eyes, before swinging his wooden block at high velocity. To Timburr's surprise however, the lizard Pokemon picked up part of a broken steel beam off the ground and used it to easily block the attack from dealing damage.

The Timburr bounces away, stunned by what happened. He looks to his left only to see his wooden block resting in the sand a few meters away from him. He tries to get up, only to be forced into a crawl by severe leg pains (courtesy of a certain lizard). Timburr desperately tries to crawl and retrieve his weaponry, only to have his fingers crushed by Scraggy's own.

The Timburr howls in pain and quickly retreats. Swinging the Steel beam, the Scraggy chuckles to himself.

All of a sudden, a white and red capsule comes flying towards him, hitting him in the face. Before being able to think about what it couldve been, a red light bursts out of it and sucks him inside.

Scraggy wakes up and looks around. Darkness. There doesn't seem to be anything here. He turns his head 90 degrees only to see a flashing red button with a timer counting down on it. Three. Two -

Before the countdown can decrease any longer, the Scraggy pushes the button and the capsule bursts open. He looks around to see broken beams, sand and a female trainer with her Sneasel companion sharpening his claws.

He raises his hand and clenches it into a fist. Bring out an Ice and Dark type against a Fighting type Pokemon? Foolish. With a trainer like that, his worries seemed to end before they began.

...Had they?

Needs more Gengar

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Holy Arceus, a new part in only a day? Impossible, does this mean I have finally gotten off my butt and done something?

Yeah, but it surely won't last.

Part 3

The desert lizard chuckles heartily to himself at the trainer's foolish decision. To bring out a Pokemon like that against a Fighting type? The Scraggy eventually stops chuckling and launches himself into the air, initiating a powerful High Jump Kick to his Ice Weasel opponent.

"Xero, block it!" The trainer yells. With that, claws sharp enough to cut solid steel magnificently block the attack, with the Sneasel suffering next to no damage at all. The Scraggy somersaults backwards to avoid any further surprises. His eyes widen. To be able to block a move like that with just one arm? Maybe this was more dangerous than he expected.

"We'll teach that Scraggy not to underestimate us! Xero, Ice Punch!" shouted the trainer once more as her companion used its high speed to charge towards the Scraggy at top speed. The Scraggy gritted its teeth and threw itself forwards, initiating an Ice Punch of its own.

Both of the thrown punches collide, creating a freezing shockwave of energy that begins ripping up the ground beneath them. Once again, the Scraggy quickly retreats backwards. Without warning, the Scraggy's opponent quickly swings it's right arm and launches a Blizzard attack before the Scraggy has time to dodge.

The Scraggy desperately tries to hang on, lifting up the "pants" to its neck to protect him. The attack carries on, with the Sneasel charging towards the lizard Pokemon still blasting out freezing cold clumps of snow. The power of the Blizzard stops Scraggy from moving, and the Sneasel quickly alternates into a Crush Claw attack.

The Scraggy takes the attack directly, being thrown back into a nearby forklift construction truck by the power. He barely stands, trying to shake off the damage. His eyes turn seven shades of red with pure rage.

Despite the agony in his limbs, he retaliates against Xero with a direct Drain Punch within seconds. The energy and adrenaline quickly flow through the Scraggy's body, as he uses his right arm to help himself get back to his feet, with his wounds healed.

His opponent however is quite the opposite. On the ground, covered in scars but miraculously still finding the energy to stand up straight. The Scraggy attacks once more with a High Jump Kick attack, and Xero doesn't even move to dodge.

Half a second before the High Jump Kick makes contact, Xero swiftly slides to the left, causing the Scraggy to miss and crash into the ground. He gets up, trying to fight the agonizing pain building up in his leg from the damage sustained.

Xero chuckles, but the damage from earlier kicks in and stops his laughter on it's tracks, causing him to nearly crash into the ground head first in pain.

The Scraggy on the other hand can barely fight any longer. He looks at the wound in his left arm. Blood, and quite a lot of it for that matter. His vision is horribly blurred, with nothing seen clearly. Part of his "pants" have been torn, and the spike on his head has almost snapped in half.

With no other choice, the trainer throws an Ultra Ball at the Scraggy without any form of warning. The Scraggy turns only to see a black and yellow blob strike him in the left eye. His body becomes consumed by the red beam, as he ends up in the same situation as before. Darkness, with just a button with a countdown slowly going down to zero.

Lying on the bottom of the inside of the Ultra Ball, he finds himself unable to get up as if the gravitational pull of the capsule is altered from the outside world. He slowly raises his right arm, trying to avoid it falling down and snapping in half. He tries pressing the button to escape, only to be shocked by an electronic discharge.

He lets his arm fall again. He lies in the pokeball, able to do nothing but slowly watch the timer countdown. He's already in pain, one more electric shock could send him down the crapper.

Three.

Two.

One.

Click.

Needs more Gengar

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
 The tension has me on the edge of my seat! What happens next?

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
^I'm pretty sure he was caught.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN