Author Topic: What do you think of Smash 4?  (Read 13774 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of Smash 4?
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2015, 16:56 »
^You main Lucario too? For me, I like Gunner and Brawler of the Miis. Lucario is still my favorite character, then it's Duck Hunt and lastly Falco. We should battle some time.

Wow, I tried using Lucina and i'm better with her than I am lucario, especially online. Looks like my top 3 is looking like:

1. Lucina
2. Lucario
3. Duck Hunt

In other words, I have a new main.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 18:30 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2015, 22:17 »
I hate lucario. Completely wreck him for the first 100% then all of a certain they all start rolling from one side of the stage to the other spamming aura spheres. It's really frustrating to deal with, not because they get good hits in, but because they take so damn long to KO. ES recovery is also completely ridiculous.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2015, 22:53 »
^That makes me remember the time where I only dealt like 10% without a ko in an online match and I was on my last life and at 130% and I actually rallied and only took about 5% more before winning it.

Speaking of online matches, I was Lucina and faced a jigglypuff and used shield break while its shield was up and it died instead of just becoming dazed. It happened for both lives and I was swearing out like because I was so confused. I guess the other guy wasn't happy and left. Next day I show it to a friend and he tells me that if Jigglypuff's shield breaks, it's an auto ko. Is this true, and why Jigglypuff?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 22:57 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2015, 01:18 »
…if Jigglypuff's shield breaks, it's an auto ko. Is this true, and why Jigglypuff?
When a character's shield breaks, they do a "shield jump". Ever since the first Smash Bros, Jigglypuff rockets upwards when his/her shield breaks. No real reason has been given though. As a Jigglypuff player, I've learned to avoid shielding against the characters that can poke well.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2015, 02:45 »
Because Jigglypuff was supposed to be a joke character.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 17:50 »
Because Jigglypuff was supposed to be a joke character.
Emphasis on supposed. A good jigglypuff player is downright terrifying o.o

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2015, 18:30 »
I chose my words carefully, guy.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2015, 21:39 »
Got it a couple weeks ago, have really enjoyed it since.

Lucina is my current main; her attacks are pretty decent and she seems to be my best fighter for 8.0+ Classic. Lucario is another main of mine, I use a custom one for Classic which has 1.5x power at 0% as well as the speedy shield recovery - can't recall the other equipment. Shulk was my early main, but that went awry because Lucina's Counter was easier to pull off than Shulk's Vision.

Speaking of Classic, Master Core on 8.0+ is just...ouch. I have reached Master Fortress twice but I got juggled around in the Danger Zones. Other times, Master Edges finishes me off. I have also experienced the rage inducing combination of Crazy Hand's Grab which ends up burying me, before Master Hand spreads the rising platforms on the floor. Never reached further than Edges when I have lost 1 life to said combination.

Not much else I can say really, but I have enjoyed it so far (even though I'm fashionably late to the Smash party).

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2015, 16:56 »
A good jigglypuff player is downright terrifying o.o
Case in point
Jigglypuff has some decent power, but is easy to send away. She has a nice air game, but with the metagame (let's say for Melee) consisting of mostly heavy characters or characters that have wide hitboxes in their air attacks, Jigglypuff suffers.
Still fun to use though. One of my mains since Melee.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2015, 20:56 »
Lucina is my current main; her attacks are pretty decent and she seems to be my best fighter for 8.0+ Classic. Lucario is another main of mine, I use a custom one for Classic which has 1.5x power at 0% as well as the speedy shield recovery - can't recall the other equipment. Shulk was my early main, but that went awry because Lucina's Counter was easier to pull off than Shulk's Vision.

My mains are Lucina and Lucario too. That's very odd. I also don't really use custom besides for Mii's and smash run. For me, Shulk's vision isn't really that hard to use, maybe because most of my top characters are counter characters? Lastly, I beat 8.0 using Kirby. I don't know why, it just happened.

Dr. Mario is actually pretty good this game if used right, because I faced a guy online who terrorized me with him. It was annoying as heck and I never beat him. Then I went to spectate and lost a 1000 coin pot on the last bet due to a sudden death match. >.<

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2015, 21:01 »
My mains are Lucina and Lucario too. That's very odd. I also don't really use custom besides for Mii's and smash run. For me, Shulk's vision isn't really that hard to use, maybe because most of my top characters are counter characters? Lastly, I beat 8.0 using Kirby. I don't know why, it just happened.

To clarify, I should have said I found Lucina's Counter to be superior (and more spammable, haha) than Vision.

I'm bad at Classic when it comes to the core, that's all it is I guess.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2015, 21:15 »
Wanna know what I find annoying? Palutana's Up A smash. It's so spammable if you can keep under the opponent.

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2015, 15:12 »
Shulk's counter lasts a lot longer when it's first used though, which often messes up the timing against people who aren't used to playing against him. The grounded fast counter does tons of knockback as well.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2015, 19:41 »
Guys, you can now share photos, mii fighters and videos. If you find something by someone named Ds, that's me (if you didn't know already). I'm getting better at pictures.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2015, 20:34 »
I haven't had the chance to play much yet, so I haven't even unlocked many characters, but so far Robin has been my main. I've tried several others, but not many so maybe that'll change once I unlock a few more characters.

I might have to share a few videos now. My friend and I were playing around with the stage maker and we ended up creating a stage that turned out to be a surprisingly effective deathtrap, so we just put a bunch of cpu's in and watched. It was a lot of fun, so we saved most of the videos.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.