Author Topic: nintendo excludes gay marriage from tomodachi life  (Read 13622 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: nintendo excludes gay marriage from tomodachi life
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2014, 14:38 »
If your argument hinges on Tomodachi Life being a parody on J-dramas

It does not. Learn to read.

You don't want to elaborate on your points, so I can't say anything else.

I've elaborated more than enough and you've purposely avoided the crux of the argument to pontificate about something else because you know you cannot refute it.

Seeing as I don't see how the J-drama parody aspect can even possibly relate to same-sex marriage, then I'll ignorantly conclude that there is no relationship between the two, and therefore that your point about Nintendo attempting to maintain a joke has no relevance to this thread.

"I haven't researched what I'm arguing so I'll conclude there's no relation!!!"

Also, I maintain that it's entirely possible for Nintendo to add same-sex marriage to the sequel to Tomodachi Life, without too much trouble.[/qupte]

Good for you.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2014, 15:59 »
"I haven't researched what I'm arguing so I'll conclude there's no relation!!!"
I don't believe you've done any research either. Sounds like you read somewhere about the relationship about Tomodachi Life and J-dramas and are just baselessly parrotting it as an excsue. What are your top 5 favourite J-dramas in that case?

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2014, 16:23 »
I don't believe you've done any research either. Sounds like you read somewhere about the relationship about Tomodachi Life and J-dramas and are just baselessly parrotting it as an excsue. What are your top 5 favourite J-dramas in that case?

Who said I have to like J-Dramas to know anything about them? I don't think any sane human being could enjoy them, but that doesn't mean they can't know anything about them. I don't know anything about Enka music but I can sure tell you the stereotypes of the genre and when a videogame is referencing Enka cliches. The same can be said for Soap Operas or Comic Book heroes.

You're just dodging the point again and again and again and now that I've called you out on it you're effectively calling me a liar and throwing accusations. How ironic that the person saying that accusations aren't being thrown is now throwing the accusations himself. I wonder how long before you fall back on the "You're a homophobe for not agreeing with me" fallacy.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2014, 19:16 »
i'm not gonna have too much part in here but re the 80s j-drama point - i think you'd be a bit put off if the economy of the world was like that as well; you know, a bubble economy where everything inflates so quickly that you can never buy anything because it just keeps outrunning you.  obviously the money system in games like these is idealistic (though i can't find anything to confirm whether or not there'll actually be money and that ingame), and the games themselves are described as a 'paradise'.  this kind of brings about the idea of lgbt people not being a part of perfection which is pretty flawed if you ask me

and yeah i know that missed the point a bit but i had thoughts and i couldn't formulate them properly so you get that pile of crap

(also next time i notice a character based on someone else in a video game i'll be sure to tell you that they're not acting exactly like that person i'll give you a call bc lmao last time i checked things don't actually have to BE what they're based off like that sort of defeats the point imo)

(also wow i'm incoherent)

(and turner you're being a bit bullish i think maybe you need to stop it with the whole 'i'm gonna really directly act like this person is completely stupid' thing because as far as i can tell you're about to get into insult territory)

(sorry)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 19:20 by Lalice of Shrubs »

thanks gl <3

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2014, 21:47 »

(and turner you're being a bit bullish i think maybe you need to stop it with the whole 'i'm gonna really directly act like this person is completely stupid' thing because as far as i can tell you're about to get into insult territory)

(sorry)

Hahex is literally outright refusing to read posts and then trying to debate a point he hasn't even researched. Considering his entire approach to this debate has been "Deny ignorantly now, research and refute later" I'd say the only person being bullish here is him. There are questions he is asking that have been answered pages ago, him purposely ignoring arguments he can't refute is quickly verging into troll territory, it's a miracle I've put up with it for this long.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2014, 21:55 »
No. You both. Stop. In name of OpalRhea, Lalice, Robin, Joeno and mine; stop.

EDIT: Chloe is included as well in the list of protestants.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 22:11 by Delicious_Scout »
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2014, 22:08 »
This has literally turned into an insult war. You can add me to that list, Scout.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2014, 22:59 »
The debate's fine, no one should be interpreting it as offensive and it shouldn't have to stop.

Don't care about this game, Nintendo isn't homophobic.

my contribution to thread = over

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2014, 07:51 »
This debate is not fine and has descended into namecalling.

Let's just end it here.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!