Author Topic: "This game was my CHILDHOOD"  (Read 3008 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Re: "This game was my CHILDHOOD"
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 04:45 »
@inferna PETZ... MATE THAT WAS MY FAVOURITE SERIES I had so many goddamn fat animals. Tried to install it on windows 8 recently but it didn't run :( I miss it.

I played a lot of the games mentioned here too. I don't have many good additions, but I definitely remember croc and bugs bunny lost in time.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 09:26 »
hi i'm like... 12 so you'll have to excuse most of these

Super Mario Galaxy: best part of this was my big brother getting really irritated over beating the dinosaur egg level and refusing to let me try to do it ('no you're 8 and a girl and i'm 12') because it meant that i could sneak into his room while he was at cricket and beat the level (first try!!!!) and when he came home i was literally just sitting on his bed with this really dumb smug expression on my face like 'guess who's better at this game than you' (he let me play it after that)
Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King:  we had this for gba and for gamecube, but i think the gamecube one held more significance because there was no choice but to play it with my brother because his room was the one the gamecube was in.  i'll always remember having to leave the room when frodo had his finger bitten off bc ew digits and it really confused my brother's best friend who had seen me hold a brave face during some of the gross-ass videos that my brother used to watch.  am however still disappointed that eowyn wasn't available to play in the gamecube version.
Pokémon Silver: this was the first pokémon game i played (i was 6 i think), with my brother literally guiding my every step.  i was forced into picking totodile and so began a long 3 years of me just picking the water type until i turned 9 and realised that grass was way cooler.  i took so much joy in healing my pokémon in elm's lab rather than the pokémon centre.  also apparently when i was 2 my brother had just caught a shiny ledyba and he wanted to show me but i threw the gameboy on the floor and it caused the game to crash :^)

thanks gl <3

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 10:35 »
I don't know why but this was always the main thing I remembered from Shenmue (other than it being an absolutely outstanding game), well either that or the weird Jamaican / American / Asian hybrid character who would sell hotdogs

Shenmue was the best game ever made... Until Shenmue II came along... Tom was the Hot Dog man but I remember the best bit being the 70 man fight at the end.

"Sailors... They mostly hang out in bars in Dobuita at night..." Bad acting but that made it awesome.

--------

Being an older person I'm going to name these as my 'childhood games'.

Shenmue (2000, Dreamcast)
Resident Evil (1996, PS1)
Prince of Persia (1989, MS DOS)
F16 Fighting Falcon (1997, MS DOS)
Pokemon Red (1999 [EU], Gameboy)
Space Quest Series (1987-1995, MS DOS)
Sonic Adventure (1998, Dreamcast)
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Mockery for One

• Was never a...
  • Rex Fan
  • Naah, this ain't cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 04:54 »
I actually have Kirby's Adventure (GBA remake) as one of my childhood games.