Author Topic: Animal Crossing New Leaf [3DS]  (Read 13617 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf [3DS]
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2013, 22:07 »
 I finally got a pair of shorts so I don't need trousers anymore! Thanks for the offer though!

Ooooh and a wetsuit!

Dang, this game is going well! Is anyone going to be buying turnips tomorrow? I'll pop in and tell you guys if the prices are good in my town  :)

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2013, 12:49 »
Turnips are 98 bells in my town. Not exactly the lowest price ever, but if you've got higher and get desperate to play the Stalk Market, let me know!

I've updated my ridiculous list of fortune cookie items, and will do so daily, if anyone is interested.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline rapidash king

• Typhlosion Fan
  • i'm smiling for two
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2013, 06:14 »
what do you guys think the best tree placement strategy is for catching lots of beetles on the island?

i planted extra palm trees thinking that more trees would mean more places for the beetles to spawn, but it didn't seem to make too much of a difference. now i'm thinking maybe less trees is the way to go? i feel like if there were less trees, they would be forced to spawn on the few trees that were left, if that makes any sense? thoughts?

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2013, 12:32 »
what do you guys think the best tree placement strategy is for catching lots of beetles on the island?

i planted extra palm trees thinking that more trees would mean more places for the beetles to spawn, but it didn't seem to make too much of a difference. now i'm thinking maybe less trees is the way to go? i feel like if there were less trees, they would be forced to spawn on the few trees that were left, if that makes any sense? thoughts?

From what I've heard, it's best to cut down all the trees on the grassy bit, along with the hedges and leave the palm trees be. It'll be worth removing the flowers too. It should force the beetles onto the trees.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2013, 20:30 »
I've gone all beechgrove garden on my town. Grass wear will be no more!
I'm a green thumb now aww yeah

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2013, 18:40 »

Removing trees is definitely the way to go. I tried it last night after reading about it somewhere and I made over 200,000 bells in two trips alone. (Apparently the valuable beetles spawn more after 7pm, but idk how much of that is truth and how much is speculation) I noticed that less trees also meant more of the valuable beetles, rather than lame stuff like wharf roaches.

Offline rapidash king

• Typhlosion Fan
  • i'm smiling for two
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2013, 06:42 »
yup, i cut down most of the palm trees maybe two nights ago and i had immediate results lol

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2013, 13:34 »

Yaaay happy townsfolk! ^_^

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2013, 20:32 »
I'm looking at this thread and actually considering buying this game. I've never tried an AC game before, but would you all recommend me to get this game?

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2013, 21:40 »
buy it... buyyy it... BUYYYY IIIIIIIITTT

No, seriously, it's absolutely fantastic, you will be shocked at how fun a game with seemingly no goal is. It sold 505,000 copies in June alone, which has got to say something!

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2013, 22:48 »
Guys I had a load of extra Lucky Ticket prizes cluttering up the place and I know I could just sell them but I thought I'd see if anyone wants any of them!

Red Pikmin
Block Floor x2
Big Bro's Moustache x2
Fire Bar x2
Wii Balance Board
Peach's Parasol
Block

I don't need anything in return but if anyone has a spare Triforce, Metroid or Samus Mask that they want rid of I'd be grateful!

quack98

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2013, 22:51 »
buy it... buyyy it... BUYYYY IIIIIIIITTT

No, seriously, it's absolutely fantastic, you will be shocked at how fun a game with seemingly no goal is. It sold 505,000 copies in June alone, which has got to say something!

I've played the last 2, and I'm fairly surprised at how much times spent on it considering the game sounds so boring. I mean, paying mortgages off doesn't sound like a great game, does it? I don't actually know what makes it fun... Maybe just the satisfaction of managing something, especially when you've bought a house from selling fish ;D

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2013, 00:22 »
Guys I had a load of extra Lucky Ticket prizes cluttering up the place and I know I could just sell them but I thought I'd see if anyone wants any of them!

Red Pikmin
Block Floor x2
Big Bro's Moustache x2
Fire Bar x2
Wii Balance Board
Peach's Parasol
Block

I don't need anything in return but if anyone has a spare Triforce, Metroid or Samus Mask that they want rid of I'd be grateful!

I have them and I'll give you all three for the block and Wii Balance Board :>

In other news, my shop has upgraded to the fourth expansion! If anyone wants to check it out sometime, I'll be happy to open my gates for you! :>
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:19 by Richard and Blaziken »

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2013, 22:49 »
^ Richard you are far too good to me, thank you!!

Offline rapidash king

• Typhlosion Fan
  • i'm smiling for two
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2013, 02:59 »
totally screwed myself over lol

a while ago i had built my police station near the default bridge that came with my town, but yesterday i demolished that bridge because i wanted to replace it with a different type. now isabelle tells me i can't because the "building" is in the way. :/ it's in the exact same spot as before

and there's nowhere else near it i can put it because it's right by the wide area of the river, plus there's a villager's house by there too. thankfully i want her to move soon, but still. and i was making dirt paths all along that stretch of land, so now that's ruined too lol