Author Topic: New stuff  (Read 1518 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JManCan

• Punk Trainer
  • Psythor Fan
  • Pretty much likes to draw stuff. Pokemon stuff.
    • View Profile
New stuff
« on: May 30, 2016, 03:32 »
2 pics of my 2 friends, with their favorite pokemon

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 20:59 by JManCan »
I feel... optimistic. Yeah! I like that word!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: New stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 14:44 »
These look very well done, nice job. If I have one complaint, with the size of the pictures (not the drawings) it makes viewing the topic really hard. Would you mind resizing the pictures and make them smaller so the topic is easier to view?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline JManCan

• Punk Trainer
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 20:57 »
Yikes! How did that happen? Hmm, this probably happened because i submitted it through the phone. I'll see if i can fix that

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 22:24 »
That looks great o: I won't lie, it's a little odd for me to see Pokemon with that art style, but it works. My main gripe is how shaky Swampert's outlines are compared to the rest of the characters.

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline JManCan

• Punk Trainer
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 22:42 »
That looks great o: I won't lie, it's a little odd for me to see Pokemon with that art style, but it works. My main gripe is how shaky Swampert's outlines are compared to the rest of the characters.

Yeah about that. I honestly did not want to use a sharpie/pen at all for the 2nd sketch. The thing is I lost a pretty important eraser. Instead of outlining the whole thing and then erasing all the unneeded lines, I would just erase what I needed, and darken up the outlines.

When i outlined Swampert, I didn't like how he turned out, so I didn't do too much on the trainer.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 22:42 »
a little off topic but woah sizacu that orange text is unreadably bright

a little more on topic, the female's legs seem really short and i cant see any knees. something about the arm/elbow area seems a little off anatomy wise, too. i think her forearm is too short and the arm itself is in an awkward position (a little) which throws the whole thing off, maybe? her eye and hair are great though. i like how you draw clothes too

i cant see the knees on the guy either but he's got baggier pants and theyre drooping in a way that lets him get away with it a bit more. like siz said, swampert's looking a little wonky in places (top of the arms and chest area if you're looking for specifics). i do like the 'thicker outlines' on the guy though - it lends it a nice style. (that and the minimalistic coloring makes the entire work more recognisable in an artistic way). also that umbreon is gorgeous

EDIT: sorry you commented before me so my comment is a lil dated already hah :<

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 22:47 »
Yikes! How did that happen? Hmm, this probably happened because i submitted it through the phone. I'll see if i can fix that

OK, that is a lot more manageable. Thanks for fixing that.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline JManCan

• Punk Trainer
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 03:18 »
a little off topic but woah sizacu that orange text is unreadably bright

a little more on topic, the female's legs seem really short and i cant see any knees. something about the arm/elbow area seems a little off anatomy wise, too. i think her forearm is too short and the arm itself is in an awkward position (a little) which throws the whole thing off, maybe? her eye and hair are great though. i like how you draw clothes too

i cant see the knees on the guy either but he's got baggier pants and theyre drooping in a way that lets him get away with it a bit more. like siz said, swampert's looking a little wonky in places (top of the arms and chest area if you're looking for specifics). i do like the 'thicker outlines' on the guy though - it lends it a nice style. (that and the minimalistic coloring makes the entire work more recognisable in an artistic way). also that umbreon is gorgeous

EDIT: sorry you commented before me so my comment is a lil dated already hah :<

Yeah, anatomy is something I deeply need to work on. Plus, when I make mistakes after putting a few hours on a character, its usually such a hassle to completely redraw a limb correctly. I guess that has more to do with my laziness than anything else :(

Knees. yeah, i have yet to learn to draw them properly. Legs are a tough chore for some reason. almost like fingers are to some people (I'm still one of them).

The females waist is actually being covered by the long sweater, but i guess i didn't really make that show. I think the head turned out good, because it was desperately trying not to mess it up. My friend gave me her OC's design to work with, so I tried not to drill that up.

Swampert, yeah he does look kind of willy wonky. I feel it has to do a little with his outlines, compared to everyone else. Makes him stand off in a weird way. I drew the forearms in a way to give perspective, like one of them was reaching forward. I dont know. The chest does look weird, but its usually a hit and miss attempt to find a good anatomy for pokemon. Gosh, Professor Oak should have a skeletal model of all these pokemon. Those lazy professors need to get off their behinds and really kick it into high gear and give us anatomy charts of all the pokemon! :p

Thanks for the honesty. It's been awhile sense someones been real with me. It actually helps me to improve as an artist!