Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 67916 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 11:02 »
#sherrin banned me because basically everyone there hated me.

Same for #bat after a while.

oops.

-

Also sorry for being a nob to people who I've been a nob to. I realise I was a right arse now I look back.

MRxo

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 11:17 »
^ It's not like you were as much of a nob as me pre-mod. I didn't realise how bad I was until looking at old posts... I had this horrible arrogance and posting approach lol

I've only ever been banned from the main channel, both as a joke and on a serious level. Not good!

MonsterMon64

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 12:06 »
"Y r girls so hot?" was a short-lived topic in Random Randomness that kinda stuck. "r u 12?!" was its annoying little brother, but imo not worth the mention outside of that.

Haven't heard from Putty in a long time. He was a regular back when I was new, I remember him being a pretty cool guy. Jedim hasn't been here in ages, but I suppose she's simply moved on from the site, like a lot of people. I miss the blood feud between Richard and Dane in the never-ending debate of Blaziken vs. Infernape. Obligatory mention of Psythor, too, though I can't say I knew him well.

I'd like to think I've never been a huge jerk on here, outside from the occasional butting of heads, but the truth is, I've always been sort of naive. Thankfully not to the degree I was when I first joined, though!

...Oh, and Marth and Roy was surprisingly popular with a choice few, if a bit forced. I have a love-hate relationship with that thing, seeing as how I'm the one who started it.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 13:16 »
ive only heard tales of 'y r girls so hot?' it makes me feel like the naive youngster who all the veteran oldies sit in front of them and smoke a pipe and rock in a chair while telling me tales of years past

and yes #bat was the name omg i knew it was 3 letters i just couldnt remember them

i used to go until ayla and fyrus tbh
it was boring without ayla to get passive aggressive and snippy at and boring without jack to GET passive aggressive and snippy with toward ayla

gosh

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

MRxo

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 14:59 »
I only went in there post Ayla and Fyrus, don't think I've talked to either of them :S

I dunno why but I just remembered the little feeling of joy I would get when I first started getting PMs because I never got them at the time lol

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 16:47 »
Irc tho <3 BOB AND QUOOT 4 LYFE xxx
And Ches(s)peon! xD I remember godmodding Bob in my only post in that roleplay that was made and felt really put off by it because I didn't know what godmodding was and iirc Mizz and JSM were having a discussion that went something like 'oh what do we go she gmodded' 'oh let's ignore it!'. I should have asked rather than leave abruptly haha.

I was also really against roleplaying because it was so busy, which is a stupid concept that I still sort of hold today (I'm not against roleplaying boards anymore though) xD

I remember Veyka as well. I'm not sure if he's who a few people seem to be referring to... but yeah, I remember him. He taught SR how to code and stuff for IRC iirc. I was a bit nervous round him, tbh haha.

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 18:28 »
haha "y r girls so hot"
evolved into like
"y r _____ so hot"

i used to just do the standard #pkmn.net, #rp with chandler and such, and occasionally #ayla i believe?

veyka made me nervous too xD

roleplay threads, You Are Special, and Thauxan Rebels were by far the most immense ones I had ever seen on that board. I remember there used to be so much hate on Thauxan Rebels since it would fill up the entire "new replies" section.

the spam forum? anyone remember that? i remember i shopped a bunch of popular member's heads onto dogs. i still have the photos if anyone wants to see them haha

back when jess and stuff got banned and then IA came along

back when tags were invented and for some reason i was against it

~.::When Every ~~ Roleplay Was Decorated ~~ Like This ::.~

Also when every single role play was "for literate/experienced role players only" which caused a tank in the rp board back in that time.

Also the "SUPER" fad which i think was stated because of my original "supergrunt" name but i could be wrong.

and then one time my signature got disabled when i was like 9 and I cried forever and my dad emailed the staff asking what I did wrong hahaha

and also THROW SOMETHING AT THE PERSON ABOVE

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 20:43 »
man the whole RP literacy fuss and the tags. and back when I actually RPd instead of losing heart and killing them oOOPs. 
who remembers Hierarchy that was so dumb but fUN and also way too violent but I got away with it bc mod, I remember daedalus and someone else complaining about that on dA and I threw a tantrum and locked it, ahh good times. 

also the RP competitions that happened sometimes.
and the whole AS| username thing, wow. 
was there more then one puk pokemon crew? I think that some people started up another topic bc the good pokemon were taken, hurrr.
I was shedinja and the BEST. 
I briefly remember the short lived and p recent invasion of the forums by homestuck trolls, that was excitingly daft and loads of people joined in with it and nobody knew who was even involved with the accounts after a while.

I never used IRC that much so I cant talk too much about what happened on there (ok yeah I can say nothing other than it was a thing that existed). 
so that's a shame, it excluded me from a lot of stuff that went on but it was 100% my own fault being scared of it hahaha.

definitely remember "y r ____ so hot" though. 
and a brief flurry of "will _____ be in the game".
and yeah IA and everything.
the COMMUNITY SPIRIT. 
and all the members I remember being around like putty and by and danny espeon and silvermoon and citizengeek and simon togetic and dusk (?? the whole people faking their own death thing??) 
basically heapo site drama. 

ah meta game spriters, I haven't done any spriting in ages. 
but yeah I've still got loads of the ones I did in my files. 
anyone else remember howtosprite? 

and the whole 1984 thing with the site being currypot and everyone was comrade or proletarian. 

yeah I'll probably stick around this site even when it's even less active than it is now, I p much grew up on here. 

idk if I was ever rude or terrible (yeah probably, I have a vague feeling of embarrassment over some stuff) but I do remember winning "nicest person" in one of the award topics woOW what happened? 
apologies for the old mark being dead, you're stuck w this arsehole instead now. 

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 21:00 by Sebastian Moran »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 21:53 »
i remember the last bunches of nostalgia threads

i remember when i was cool too, people would PM me everyday (actually false) and i'd be all smart and stuff

what happened to those days???  nowadays no one ever responds to me :(
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 22:15 »
who ARE you??

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 22:27 »
My earliest memory of joining here was Rob posting topics looking for love advice on like a daily basis. Sorry man.

I'm also still having counselling over THAT Zelda v Final Fantasy thread but I think it did cement Rex and I becoming bros 4 lyf
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 22:30 by Clairefable »

MRxo

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2013, 22:45 »
@ Mark - I dunno why but your post reminded me of "I blame Gordon Brown" lol

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 00:02 »
I agree with nick webbz. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 01:01 »
I remember the good days back when I just joined and never left the Team Building board because the other boards were scary or something (when TB was probably even moreso before we had the whole Dragonair topic explosion and people learned to behave). I remember when I tried getting into it and helping other people, and then more experienced people came in and were like "DON'T LISTEN TO RICHRD, HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT", and I felt dumb.

I remember when I first went on IRC and I didn't know who anyone was, so I'd just lurk around (I still do that haha). Then I eventually met Utack and Aidan and a few others, and we became good friends. I still talk to Utack almost daily.

And yes, I too miss the heated Blaziken vs. Infernape debates between Dane and I, especially now that Blaziken actually trumps Infernape in every way possible, and I'd kinda like to be the final victor in our debates. xD

I miss the Team Building board being active... anyone that posts there now pretty much relies on me to help with teams, as far as I can tell. I miss the variety. =\

And then there was my random battles with Alex and those were always really intense. My Shroomish single-handedly beat his Heatran once, and I've never let him live it down. :3

Most of all, I miss the community. I wasn't really part of most of the in-jokes, and most people never even had communication with me, but I miss how active it used to be.
Discord - richardblaziken

MRxo

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 01:05 »
^ H4X to the fullest that was ;;

Those randoms were awesome back in the day, I even got LT Rich to play some lol

So yeah, s/o to Shoddy!