Author Topic: Where's this?  (Read 2375 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Where's this?
« on: September 22, 2014, 22:51 »
Okay, so after watching the Japanese trailer a few days ago, I asked Richard if he'd seen this place in it. Where could it be? It has ecruteak like architecture but is in Hoenn remakes and it just doesn't fit anywhere? This leads me to believe it is part of the postgame, but what do y'all think?

I mean, it looks like it's near the volcano, but nothing near the volcano looks like that?

DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

E.C.A.M.B.S.

Re: Where's this?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 22:55 »
Could it be the cable car stop?

Reminds me a bit of the Battle Arena too.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 22:56 »
might be the cable car house on the mountain near lavaridge?
or somewhere near fallarbor town. im just seeing soot and thinking of those two areas.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 22:59 »
The trouble with it being the cable car place is the incredibly long bridge? I know it's possible they added it in, but if you look at the map of new Hoenn, every known bridge is visible but the cable car area doesn't appear to have a bridge? Could just be they didn't put it on, but I do think it looks a bit too.... Oriental for a cable car place.

EDit: further searching reveals it is not the cable car place:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 23:04 by SapphireRobin|Omeganium »
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 23:14 »
It looks like the battle palace to me, that or the e4 building?

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 23:16 »
When Dick and I were discussing it a while ago, I reminded him to take a look at how the shot was framed. It's a long bridge leading to a single building. Whatever it is, it's clearly important... but I can't think of what it could be. I originally thought it could be the Cable Car lift as well, but it doesn't look like it, and there's no reason for a bridge there. Additionally, there's nothing in the background to indicated that it could be the lift, so my only guess is that this is something new in OR/AS.

Sniped: That could be it too
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 23:17 »
A battle facility seems possible, and that alone is awesome because it means the battle frontier is in, which will be amazing.

Ever Grande City (E4 place iirc) wouldn't make much sense though, why would it be shrouded in ashes? Same with the frontier tbh.

That's the problem - nowhere that's shrouded in ashes has a bridge, and nowhere with that architecture is shrouded in ashes?

Edit: actually, come to think of it, game freak has a habit of making dojos have very oriental architecture? Given ashes are around 3rd-4th gym, could be where you get the mega ring?
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 23:19 »
I think he means a battle place that isn't in the Battle Frontier, similar to the Battle Chateau in X/Y (though hopefully less garbage)? That's what I got from it anyway

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 23:20 »
I think he means a battle place that isn't in the Battle Frontier, similar to the Battle Chateau in X/Y (though hopefully less garbage)? That's what I got from it anyway

He said battle palace, one of the 7 battle frontier facilities iirc? It would kinda make sense architecturally (is that a word? xD) but not in terms of having ashes and a bridge?
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 23:25 »
Oh, my mistake. Well yeah, gonna agree then that it doesn't look like the Battle Frontier, but it certainly could be a new type of battle thing inside of Hoenn.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 23:41 »
It could be Lanette's House near Meteor Falls in Pokemon Emerald. The background in the ORAS screenshot looks like falling ash to me, which is something you see near Fallarbor Town.

edit: well looking at it now, it could be the path to the next Elite Four Member's room, since there's only one path you can take, and it's laid out straight ahead for you. It could be the path to elite four member Drake's room. Initially I thought it could be the Trick House, but I don't think it is
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 00:41 by E.K.A.N.S. »

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 08:14 »
Oh, my mistake. Well yeah, gonna agree then that it doesn't look like the Battle Frontier, but it certainly could be a new type of battle thing inside of Hoenn.

That'd be incredibly disappointing if it were, but it does seem kinda likely =/

It could be Lanette's House near Meteor Falls in Pokemon Emerald. The background in the ORAS screenshot looks like falling ash to me, which is something you see near Fallarbor Town.

While it's possible they rearranged the area a bit to put lannettes house at the end of the bridge, you then have the problem of not being able to get around the house, as you'll notice there's something on each side of the bridge. Also, why would lannettes house have such an important-looking camera angle?

edit: well looking at it now, it could be the path to the next Elite Four Member's room, since there's only one path you can take, and it's laid out straight ahead for you. It could be the path to elite four member Drake's room. Initially I thought it could be the Trick House, but I don't think it is

E4 Drake sounds fairly reasonable, I mean it's not just like the original, but it could easily be that they want for a more outdoors-y feel to it with Hoenn being a tropical region.
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 09:09 »
If it is a new battle institute that isn't on the Frontier, that doesn't necessarily mean the Frontier won't return. Same deal as before, it could be like the Battle Chateau in X/Y. Emerald had Battle Tents scattered around the region in place of the contest halls, and while I don't think they'll do that again in OR/AS (because it sucked to have all the contests in Lilycove), having some kind of mid-game battle facility isn't out of the question.

Or it could just be a new house that has something to do with the plot.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 09:35 »
When I saw that I instantly thought team magma base or possibly a new entrance to the cave of origins but only when groudon is there.
Or maybe there might be a post game mission/event where you can catch Ho-oh in sapphire and they've recreated the look of a smaller Bell Tower. Ruby might have a cave similar to the whirl islands for catching Lugia. Yeah this makes a sense to me considering HGSS allowed you to catch Groudon and Kyogre in them post game?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:39 by Inferna »

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 16:38 »
When I saw that I instantly thought team magma base or possibly a new entrance to the cave of origins but only when groudon is there.

I believe team magma base has already been revealed, plus iirc it's off the coast of lilycove?

Cave of origins seems unlikely given it's neither a cave nor is there a bridge leading to the cave of origins.

Or maybe there might be a post game mission/event where you can catch Ho-oh in sapphire and they've recreated the look of a smaller Bell Tower. Ruby might have a cave similar to the whirl islands for catching Lugia. Yeah this makes a sense to me considering HGSS allowed you to catch Groudon and Kyogre in them post game?

That sounds very possible, as there's plenty of areas Lugia could be caught in RS (example being that underwater cave where you encounter team magma?). Certainly seems like another possibility.
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝