Author Topic: Miltank Mix Re-type thing  (Read 7442 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Miltank Mix Re-type thing
« on: August 04, 2017, 19:42 »
Made a Ghost type Miltank as a delta species for a gym leader, haven't sprited in a while so didn't scratch anything just used Gastly's gas, removed her ears and tail and then made it more Ghost looking w/ purple body and red eyes,
 sprite forum seemed a bit dead so figured I'd try put something here.

Edit: Whoops tried to remove the rapidash from the title as I put it in my profile but forgot it didn't change it on the main page oh well it's to the left lmao
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 23:21 by SaRo|Rapidash »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Miltank Mix Re-type thing
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:22 »
Well keep doing sprites then. You do a really good job.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 09:45 »
sprite forum seemed a bit dead so figured I'd try put something here
No wonder no one said anything about my recolours!

Anyway, nice sprite!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

MonsterMon64

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 15:16 »
Retypes are pretty cool, tbh. Kinda always wanted to do one myself, but sprite-wise... well I haven't edited Pokemon sprites in a long time (and even then I was only sorta good at editing trainers from Gen III)

Anyway, I like this! Might I suggest a slightly lighter/paler purple scheme to match the gas, though? That should help the red you used for the eyes pop out a bit more, too.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 15:46 »
No wonder no one said anything about my recolours!

You know you're just begging for attention at this point. It's bad etiquette tbh

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 16:22 »
Thanks guys for the nice comments!

Was looking through the old sprite contests earlier and Chloe's fire Pachirisu made me want to use Pachirisu in a sprite (plus loving squirrels atm), so got a Megarisu here, evolves from Bayleef if you use a Thunderstone on it. Have Normal, Shiny and then both of the backs too:

Anyway, I like this! Might I suggest a slightly lighter/paler purple scheme to match the gas, though? That should help the red you used for the eyes pop out a bit more, too.

Thank you for the suggestion!! I've tried it out, something like the one on the left here? (Right is original for comparison)

I think I prefer it lighter, looks a bit more pokémon-y? Maybe a little too close to original Miltank though I'm not sure - might have to try give it Rayman-esque limbs but that will likely end badly haha.
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

MonsterMon64

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 16:37 »
That Megarisu is amazing. I want one :c

As for the Miltank, much better imo, though I get your concern. I  meant to suggest this earlier, but maybe recolor her stomach to a light silver/grey, or some other color that indicates she's a Ghost? Regarding the Rayman limbs idea, I was thinking bring her tail back as a floating orb, but maybe that's a bit tacky and/or more suiting for a Psychic-type... only other thing I can think of is giving her a grim reaper-ish hood, since the black on her head kinda looks like a "hood" of sorts...

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 16:52 »
The grey stomach is perfect, it's just what it needed to differentiate it! Also tried to make the top more hood-like and I think I prefer it, got rid of the horns and the weird gem thing. Almost looks like it should have a scythe or something but that would definitely be tacky haha.

...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 17:04 »
Was looking through the old sprite contests earlier and Chloe's fire Pachirisu made me want to use Pachirisu in a sprite (plus loving squirrels atm), so got a Megarisu here, evolves from Bayleef if you use a Thunderstone on it. Have Normal, Shiny and then both of the backs too:

For some reason, pachirisu and meganium just seems to work, especially with the shiny coloring. I'm guessing that make it grass/electric like rotom-mow.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 17:33 »
For some reason, pachirisu and meganium just seems to work, especially with the shiny coloring. I'm guessing that make it grass/electric like rotom-mow.

Probably would be if it were in the real games. It's Light for my purposes because it's meant to be like "Alolan" meganium (but not alola) and Light is the replacement for Electric (and shares Fairy w/ Magic replacing Psychic). Might make it more draconic looking and go Light/Dragon idk.
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 18:35 »
Not drawing attention from the OP (these sprites are better than anything I could do)

But

etiquette
If you're going to tell me off, at least use simpler words I actually understand.

You know you're just begging for attention at this point. It's bad etiquette tbh
But how come when I post sprite art like this, no one says anything or give any feedback, and when someone else posts a similar thing, they ALWAYS get feedback?

Yes, I am a beginner (why I used gameboy sprites) but still....

Anyway, loving these sprites (better than any fusion I've done before!)

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 04:07 »
If you can't understand what I said, that's your problem. I feel as if I was pretty to the point with what I had to say. The only word I could possibly see you not knowing is etiquette and even then you have an electronic dictionary at your fingertips and all you need to do is type in the searchbar of your computer "etiquette definition". As for you not getting responses, it could be no one really has any suggestions, or it could be no one has an opinion on it. You could look around for forums dedicated to that if you're really looking for responses.

Might make it more draconic looking and go Light/Dragon idk.

I say go for it.

Probably would be if it were in the real games. It's Light for my purposes because it's meant to be like "Alolan" meganium (but not alola) and Light is the replacement for Electric

Would you possibly be interested in making an attempt at more alolan forms or some alterations at existing ones?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:10 by SirBlaziken »

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 09:29 »
As for you not getting responses, it could be no one really has any suggestions, or it could be no one has an opinion on it. You could look around for forums dedicated to that if you're really looking for responses.
Or it could be that no one cares what I do on this forum, unless I'm making "unnecessary threads"

Which is really the feeling I'm getting! My recolours have improved since that terrible Porygon with the excessive white spaces. Don't let that put you off!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 20:37 »
Would you possibly be interested in making an attempt at more alolan forms or some alterations at existing ones?

Yeah sure, although preferably only of Pokémon from gens 1-3 so I can rip the sprite directly rather than using the ones off the sprite resource (as those have weird borders sometimes and it's annoying lmao, but I can use them if people really really want gen 4+)

I'll probably be pretty slow doing them too, especially if they're very specific, but I'll give it a shot if you have ideas!

Or it could be that no one cares what I do on this forum, unless I'm making "unnecessary threads"

Which is really the feeling I'm getting! My recolours have improved since that terrible Porygon with the excessive white spaces. Don't let that put you off!

Tbf, when you name your thread "My rubbish attempt at recolouring" it doesn't exactly inspire people to view it - it just sounds like fishing for false compliments. I can only see one thread you've posted sprites in (i.e. not counting the requests for sprites), and that one got a few critiques. The critiques you did get you made no positive response to and basically ignored, apart from Fish's Poison2007's which you literally lol'd at rather than being appreciative of the help, and spent longer appreciating her Lenny face than her critique. I don't mean to come across as rude or condescending, but people aren't going to give you feedback just for it to get tossed aside.
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 21:00 »
Have a look at this

Much better than the one you looked at!

Although I don't really say anything, I do take in the feedback (I now know about the background and keeping the outline)