Poll

When E4 members need a vacation, how should their spot be held?

Just leave it - people can wait
3 (27.3%)
I could cover it whilst they leave
2 (18.2%)
Another e4 member / champion could hold their position
1 (9.1%)
Someone else not related to the league could have a 'bench' position for this sort of scenario
4 (36.4%)
E4 Member chooses someone to cover for them
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: PKMN.net League Challenge (Take 2) - Challenger's sign up her first  (Read 21302 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: PKMN.net League Challenge (Take 2)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 22:18 »
just thought of something, maybe we could make a room or a channel or whatever in irc for this? itd be kinda cool and it would help boost activity in there

That'd be awesome, if I knew how xD I'll see if I can figure it out

Thanks for the feedback RR ^.^

Might need a better replay though xD

You're welcome - and I've seen a lot of your battles in both the reply thread and from Richard sending me your battle replays
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 22:35 »
Name: I don't really know, variations on my username should be ok I suppose.
Preferred Type: Fire's my first choice. If not, maybe grass would be interesting
In-Game Too?: I think I can make one, but don't have a full team just yet.
Available Times: I'm now entering exam season, which means I can battle pretty much any time I'm not in an exam. I'll be away for a bit at the start of July.
OU Showdown replays: I don't think I have any, unless I put one on my old thread at some point.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 22:39 »
Awesome, Squirtle ^^

I remember you did fairly well in the last one, given it was monotype (4/5th, I believe) so I know roughly where you stand in comparison to other past-gym leader applicants, and I saw your replay vs Richard, and I recall you played well, even if you did lose pretty badly.
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 23:12 »
Although this is gen 5 uu, please take a look at this. I did receive some praise from more experienced members as well, not that it matters. This was one of my better battles that came soon after the blowout by Rich in the finale of the UU tourney I ran.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uucurrent-55314623
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 23:24 »
Although this is gen 5 uu, please take a look at this. I did receive some praise from more experienced members as well, not that it matters. This was one of my better battles that came soon after the blowout by Rich in the finale of the UU tourney I ran.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uucurrent-55314623

I remember this team - I was P2 iirc xD

But that match was very well played, and certainly showed how good you can be, but equally a lot of that was due to superior team, which whilst still down to you, is not a luxury to be had in one-sided monotype =/
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 23:25 »
Yeah..... I dug around some old replays and decided to try that one. Looks like that didn't work. Oh well, time to wait now.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 23:45 »
Thanks for the feedback ^^

Yeah, that replay was pretty bad, it was just the best one I could get at the time. This one is a bit better. Still not great, I know. I'm going to go look for some better replays.

But there is this. I'm not sure if you already saw it, since I posted it in an edit, but I think I played fairly well in the beginning here.

Edit: So, I actually made a ghost monoteam a while ago for a thing my friends and I were doing, but I only just tried it out now. Umm... this was the result... I'm not sure what to think of this...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:24 by dragoncat »
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 12:39 »
Man, I could easily have gone for any of you, and I was half tempted to make it gyms again so I could, but then we'd lack challengers xD

Anyway, I'm really sorry for the people that don't get picked, and don't take it as I think you're bad because none of you are, but here's the list, lemme know if you have any major problems with it (other than if it's just the fact you're not on xD)

Spriter - Given I actually couldn't find a reason not to, I think this place was assured.

Richard - Couldn't really not allow the person who (almost) everyone thinks is the sites best battler to have a place.

JSM - As I said before, I know you're a very good battler, and I think with he other two so far it could make for a very hard league.

bread - You did well in your previous gym, and I know you can fill the post easily again. Being third in the last challenge definitely made it justifiable picking you.

Now the fifth spot was nearly impossible choosing, and just after I'd made a rough decision Awkward Squirtle applied and definitely made the decision a lot harder! I had to ask Richard for help choosing this, and together we thought the best choice would be:

dragoncat - You're not a brilliant battler, no, but that's part of the reason I wanted to give you this, I know you've tried to learn competitive and had Richard's mentoring thing, and I think this would be very beneficial to you for honing your skills.

~~~

Okay, once again sorry to everyone who I couldn't pick, but just try and prove me wrong by beating the others ^^ As for gym leaders, I'll sort out what rules you'll need to battle each other with to determine the champion and then edit it into this post or if someone else posts before then I'll make a new post
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 12:43 »
Thanks Dick! About the last slot; the decision was really tough for Dick, really, and we discussed things at length, so there really wasn't meant to be any offense to anyone that wasn't chosen, really. Remember that you can still take out spots if you beat all 5 of us without losing! (after each of us have had 5 battles, iirc. Maybe this should be lowered to 3?)
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 12:57 »
Okay, I've got some rules up, feel free to challenge each other now

Clauses

Sleep Clause - No more than one opposing Pokeon can be put to Sleep by one of your Pokemon at a time. If they use a move to put their own Pokemon to sleep, this does not activate Sleep Clause

Sleep is annoying, especially when every team member is asleep.

OHKO Clause - OHKO moves such as Sheer Cold, Horn Drill and Fissure are banned

No one likes hax. Hax sucks. This gets rid of it. This is good. Be nice to it.

Species Clause - No more than one Pokemon that share the same species name can participate in a team. This means that even alternate forms, such as Rotom, cannot be on the same team as well

You know what's more overpowered than Choice Scarf MoxieMence? Six of them. Yeah, that's banned.

Evasion Clause - Moves and Items that increase evasion are banned. Snow Cloak and Sand Veil are only banned when used on the same team as Hail or Sandstorm respectively

Ice Beam is 100% accurate. Your Garchomp is no exception to this rule. Don't win by hax, it's not good.

Banlist

Arceus
Blaziken (speed boost & mega only)
Darkrai
Deoxys (A & N formes)
Dialga
Giratina (both formes)
Gengarite
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kangaskhanite
Kyogre
Kyurem (White only)
Latios
Lucarionite
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin Sky
Talonflame (Gale Wings only)
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

(Bolted anything not banned by smogon, or differently banned by smogon)

Other Rules

-> Matches will be best of three

-> Please make sure you don't select 'Alakazam-Mega' or whatever when choosing megas, you select 'alakazam' then give it Alakazite to hold ^^

-> Each of you will battle every other post holder, and your overall score will be kept. For this reason, always do all three battles not just 2/3, because the way I'll be scoring makes it matter whether you win twice or thrice ^^

Edit: Note, these are NOT the rules for the E4 members themselves, just the rules for the decision of who is champion. E4 members will be able to choose their own banlists
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 13:48 by RubyRobin »
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 13:25 »
Dick, just one question (for challengers. Yes i know we're not there yet). Do the two pokemon have to remain exactly the same. Like if you've got Venusaur and are using it as your Mega, does it always have to be Mega or can it be normal Venusaur and leave your Mega spot open?

Edit. Also, do movesets and stats have to remain the same across each battle?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 13:28 by OpalRhea »

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 13:34 »
Dick, just one question (for challengers. Yes i know we're not there yet). Do the two pokemon have to remain exactly the same. Like if you've got Venusaur and are using it as your Mega, does it always have to be Mega or can it be normal Venusaur and leave your Mega spot open?

Edit. Also, do movesets and stats have to remain the same across each battle?

The two pokemon don't have to stay the same set ups, no, so it'd be perfectly fine if say one gym allowed mega Lucario to use that and then switch to normal for when it's banned or whatever, yeah ^^
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 14:04 »
Thanks for the place Dick :P

The prospect of facing JSM and Rich to the champions spot seems amusing / somewhat scary though xD

Good luck, all of you.

By the way, do we challenge each other with our own OU teams or do we challenge each other with our gym teams?

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 14:11 »
oh wow i was pretty certain I was out of this >_< thanks dick!!

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 14:42 »
Thanks Dick =) Really pleased I got a spot =D As for my battles to determine the champion, I can't battle until Saturday, I don't have reliable internet or even any teams until then. Hope you guys don't mind :/