Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 68308 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2013, 07:06 »
I've been mainly on Skype and Facebook chat, and IRC
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2013, 09:34 »
Your MSN accounts automatically work on Skype, so that's not a big problem. They're not shutting down the servers (Skype and Msn have been the same for a while), just retiring the client.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2013, 10:36 »
MSN was great when I was 14 or so. But once I went to uni I just stopped using it. Spoke to so many people from here on that thing.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2013, 11:06 »
i stopped using msn because it stopped letting me hide offline when i was Mad At The World

dont speak to anyone on skype here though
i think the only person i ever talked to from here was beth and jas sometimes
there were a few others i said hi to then nothing else

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2013, 11:31 »
I find the idea of Skype terrifying. Like, I have to SPEAK? Using my voice? D:

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2013, 11:32 »
You can use it like you would MSN, the voip element is just more of a feature than it was on MSN. The messaging system works perfectly fine though.
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline SpinnelSun

• This isn't wonderland anymore, Alice.
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • facebook.
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2013, 11:47 »
Not sure is this has already been mentioned, but who remembers this craze? i just found it going through my old photobucket account

And yesss I spent so much of my life RPing with you, Hazy, Jess, Kit, Mightyenapup and her boyfriend (what was his username?! He was called Nick iirc), Cerebral Espeon and the others! I was never in AotMaS but I was in Children of the Sun. Search for Paradise and Alley Catz were other fairly big ones I was involved with, and one you made called.. Creatures of the Night? Something like that. It was all such silly wonderful fun but man did it help my writing skills! I used to sneak downstairs every night when I was 14/15 to talk to you guys instead of sleeping xD

Ahhh mightyenapup and cerebal espeon! hahaha wow your memory is impressive, Creatures of the Night sounds so cliche that it would only be a RP i made. And i remember waking up early just to quickly read any replies and see where the story was, in one sleep sometimes the RP would gain like 8+ pages.

Egg Knight, too, that's a blast from the past. We "went out" for a few months iirc, he was.. a character.

omg i actually lol'd in real life, i remember that too! hahahaha he ended up being freaking weird as towards our.. "friendship". I think i came straight to you on msn and had a little whinge that he was being a freak.

holy crap, this thread makes me miss my childhood (90% of it was spent on here, after all)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:05 by SpinnelSun »

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2013, 02:40 »
does anyone remember Kendall/Rachel/Kris and the kids from the Bronx (Alvin/Ariel/etc and Kristian who was from Brooklyn)?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:46 by Lord Raven »

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2013, 04:46 »
i remember all of them they used to be in #sherrin and stuff

one time they tried to ~~~~troll~~~~~ me on msn for some reason it was really dumb

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2013, 19:33 »

It's the opposite with me, reading text makes it so much easier for me to actually follow what's going on. Whenever I've used Skype, people tend to mumble and it just annoys me; seeing as I'm at a hinderance anyway. Text and Facebook do for me too, the only thing I'm going to miss about MSN is group conversations, but I've not had one of those on there for years outside of #secretadminstuff.

does anyone remember Kendall/Rachel/Kris and the kids from the Bronx (Alvin/Ariel/etc and Kristian who was from Brooklyn)?

Rachel was.. something to do with Arcanine right? Her account name, rather. Kris rings a bell but I can't quite remember his display name. Kristian rings a bell too, but same.

Who was the one who used to post pictures of himself with blades? Like.. Samurai swords..? I'm sure he returned for a short while claiming he'd been in prison for something, and that he was now with somebody about five, ten years older than him..?

Oh, that reminds me of LAClennell.. Debbie and Sangwin was it? Something to do with Triangle Head..?

or at least I think Branc's a girl, I'm pretty sure she is

I am.. 99% certain Branc is a woman. I'm 1% unsure of whether I'm mixing her up with another username.. but no, I'm more or less certain she's a woman. Unless it's Daughter Of Wily I'm getting mixed up with..

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pkmn.net/forums/index.php?board=12.0

There's sooo much stuff in the archives, everyone seriously needs to look at this.

WebArchive is one of my most favourite websites. Nothing beats a nostalgia rush quite like looking up old pages of how they used to look.

What happened to Brin anyway? And Akari...and Articuno. I also remember THE WROTH aka Sam. Yesss. What happened to Ray (TheRealOne), Kat, Everett, Branc, ClikC, Conor aka St Jimmy, Jasper and Spike?

Hmm, there's more names I remember. Luke (Ark Umbra), nutter, Jordan (Grodecki was it..?), Katz, Wrath of Cubone, Church.. some other names from IRC I can remember..

Actually.. are Kat (from IRC who iirc dated Maikeru) and Wrath of Cubone one and same..? This is where I get muddled up, when people share the same name and I can't use their usernames to differentiate between them..

Rob the name rater contest ended up, 4 finalists then eventually called off.

That's what they wanted you to believe.. o.o

I believe the final four had BY in it.. Lottie.. Lorem Ipsum was it? I'm struggling to remember the fourth..

BTW GUYS YOU FORGOT

THE WROTH

Did I make top four?  I recall being up there...
She came back as some deaf girl (whose birthday was November 17th) who posted a picture at some point (although we should've looked past it - deaf girl that can supposedly sing well?  The hell?).  Then someone's like "she looks familiar", so Rex did a bit of snooping and found a picture of Dusk on Gaiaonline forums doing some makeup...  so then it turns out it was her.

Nobody believed for a second she killed herself.  The post that her friend posted was just so stupid lol then someone found Dusk on Gaiaonline and she said "I'm done with this place."

As for the rest of Rob's posts, how the hell do you remember all those names?  Granted I recognize those names - don't recognize much else but their avatar for many of them - but holy hell!

Hmm.  Chani.  I'm gonna hold my opinions to myself.  Should probably keep her updated on what I've been up to lately, though.
Now there's another dude I don't miss lol

That started with

THE WROTH

btw, and it went into my signature after I brainstormed names with other people.  MUHEDicham TyRANAtar, though i'm gonna be honest the first name is probably because someone didn't pronounce my name correctly LOL

I don't remember the rest at all.  :(

SteALEX CREEbat was it for CS10? I can't remember any others unfortunately off the top of my head..

I guess I either have a really good memory, or I have no life. I'm leaning towards the first one in all honesty there.. =P
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 20:08 by f3raligatr »

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2013, 20:06 »
The guy with all the swords was Dracon I think. I remember thinking he was pretty crazy. :s

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2013, 20:17 »
The guy with all the swords was Dracon I think. I remember thinking he was pretty crazy. :s

Good man! Dracon is the name I was searching for!

Yes, he scared me too.

I'm really trying to look back now.. random names here.. Dane? I'll keep thinking and see if I can pick out some more..

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2013, 23:37 »
Something to do with Triangle Head..?

Or Pyramid Head? From Silent Hill?
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2013, 00:22 »
Actually.. are Kat (from IRC who iirc dated Maikeru) and Wrath of Cubone one and same..? This is where I get muddled up, when people share the same name and I can't use their usernames to differentiate between them..

I remember there was Kat (Wrath of Cubone) who I met in London with Dan_Dan and Shark. There was also a short phase on irc where nutter, Everett and someone called Katz were really active. I used to get them confused.

Yeah the Dusk thing was me, actually.

Firstly she added a bunch of people to MSN including me, Luke (Yoshi) and some others. Then she was all depressed and told me she was going to fake her death. I was just chillin' about the whole thing and didn't really care, she was like "How about I make a fake newspaper article so people think I've died" and I was just like "Well, I think people would figure that out pretty quickly".

Then she posted the whole ~Dusk has died~ thing and nobody really bought it.

She came back within the past 3 years ago and I got a gut feeling and decided to google the name, turns out it was the same name as someone on gaia who pretty much matched the exact description (and appearance) of Dusk (give or take a few years).

So I can't really say it was Dusk for sure, but I have reason to believe it was. I think someone posted something like 'didn't you kill yourself?' and she just quit straight away.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2013, 00:26 »
another person chiming to say that i use skype primarily for instant messaging and video chats are a secondary convenience.  There's also group chats (voiceless).  It's very nice.