Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 67930 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2013, 03:06 »
it's the latter i think, but if you go back to previous posts several people mentioned you at least lol

kendall? When I was here in 2010, I saw you posting on the first pages of very old topics, so I thought you were a myth. It's an honor to meet a 2005 member.

The original Pokémon, the Orange League. It was childhood. Those inspirational words in the original theme song... it made me wish Pokémon were real. Hearing it just made me feel sad, and usually I just don't care about things.
I am your master.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2013, 03:13 »
Kendall is from 2005!? *Bows down*
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2013, 05:02 »
BRINBRINBRINBRINBRIN. *TACKLEHUG* /HI/! 8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I'm currently enjoying your beautiful voice~

And ASHLEY! I didn't name her because I mainly knew her off MSN rather than on PUK, but of course I remember her ;;!

And KRIS. Heya~! Good to hear from you again, dearie... It has been way too long, huh? XD And yes. Yes, to all three of you. You /were/ that bad. Don't worry, we loved you for it :3

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2013, 05:56 »
ugh this just takes me back to the old days sooo much, especially with all the roleplayers. i remember being 9 and going on the roleplay board, reading several threads from start to finish, and then i found one that i finally wanted to join. i gathered up my guts, posted a form, and awaited the reply. they told me they were closed now and they couldn't accept me, and then later someone else posted a form and they got accepted and that made 9 year old me super sad.

i also remember my brother used to get on my account and post certain topics to troll. one was "xbox vs. nintendo" or something of the sort and i remember my brother was taking a militant xbox stance and eventually this user, and i still remember the name glenwing, told him "to crawl in a corner and die in the nicest way possible"... then joeno locked the thread.

then i joined "fire pokemon unite!" as a houndour named Flash and I would get up in the middle of the night and sneak on the computer so that i could post more often, since my parents only allowed me 1 hour of computer daily. role play was so much fun and i wish i could get the giddy about writing anything ever again.

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2013, 06:03 »
Ah... 2010. I ruled the entire Role Play board and every 2 seconds I came out with another one, and they were awesome, as Jarl ulfric stormcloak once said. I was in charge of 4 Role Plays at the same time! Liam posted on one of them, worrying about me having that many Role Plays at once. I miss those days.

R.I.P. 2010
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:16 by Draghost haunts the site! »
I am your master.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2013, 08:13 »
R.I.P. PUK

Ehmm... as much as activity might have dropped, this site is far from dead. I'm really not sure why you feel the need to make these sort of declarations
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2013, 08:24 »
I'm sorry. That really wasn't necessary.

Aside from Role Playing that year I miss a lot of the people who left. It kind of makes me upset that one friend declared that he missed me and he mentioned me in his sig and profile description, and I came back and his profile remains like that to this day. He should've stayed. I don't deserve a shrine made out of a member's profile. Well, it wasn't really a 'shrine.' Anyway, it's not just the Role Play I miss here but some members too.
I am your master.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 29, 2013, 16:34 »
Kendall is from 2005!? *Bows down*

Haha, half the people posting here are from 2005 and earlier! (I'm from 04) We've spent far too much of our lives here ;)

.. holy wow I've been here for 9 years, awesome. And I know that's less than a lot of people!

It's so cool seeing everyone pop back up! Rachel, Kris, Kendall, I remember all of you ^__^ and of course Brin, but I still stalk you on Facebook so that's nothing new ;3 it's so cool that you're still doing your music!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 00:46 by Dragonpika »

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline arcanines

• rachel
  • Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #248 on: July 29, 2013, 16:47 »
helloooo there kay!

i registered here in ~2004 when i was still a youngin' who didn't even know what a forum actually was

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2013, 16:57 »
i registered here in ~2004 when i was still a youngin' who didn't even know what a forum actually was
I think this was the first forum I registered on too, I was thinking "ermahgerd, other people like pokemon too!", as everyone was pretending they hated it now the fad phase was over.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2013, 16:57 »
You're both from 2004!? *Bows down*
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2013, 17:41 »
I think this was the first forum I registered on too, I was thinking "ermahgerd, other people like pokemon too!", as everyone was pretending they hated it now the fad phase was over.
bah i was in exactly the same boat, this place was life support for that socially awkward teenage phase (also a 2004 guy here)

next year's the big 10
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #252 on: July 29, 2013, 20:32 »
Yep, 2004 too! September 7th, to be exact, so not long from exactly nine years~

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 29, 2013, 20:58 »
registered 5th december 2002. 

i remember that i found this place while googling for "pokemon advanced". which was what ruby & sapphire was referred to before anyone knew what they were called... wow that really is a while back now. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2013, 22:03 »
registered 5th december 2002. 

i remember that i found this place while googling for "pokemon advanced". which was what ruby & sapphire was referred to before anyone knew what they were called... wow that really is a while back now. 

December? Pssht, newbie! October was the month of kings!

I remember being SO excited about advanced, everyone was freaking out over reflections in puddles and calling the regi's the "dustbin trio", and people had some weird theory about Team Magma because of the wolf ears on their hats. People overthinking upcoming pokemon games seems to be the one constant in the universe, other than death.