Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 67971 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2013, 03:29 »
Some people don't come back because they have better things to do. Others may not come back because they're not ready for how people will respond to a changed self. Some members liked the way they were before, but realize that they're not what they used to be and don't want to admit that. And some have just forgotten about this place anyway, or had to because their lives become busy. People might have moved on. Or don't care as much about it as other things in life to put their finger on why they really don't come back.

Nostalgia: It's a shame all books can't have Pokemon in them. I love reading anyway, but I'm used to reading about Pokemon. Pokemon makes one book better than another. I miss reading those little Pokemon books about the movies. But books lack these things. That's why there are fanfics, though. If Pokemon were really in all books, however, I would feel that any good description or figurative language as well as stronger words would be wasted on a children's idea. I don't take Pokemon that seriously for writing. Reading is fun, but there is always this missing. But ah well, books aren't made for one reader.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:39 by Draghost haunts the site! »
I am your master.

Offline The biscquiat dragon

• Kris
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2013, 04:07 »
I agree, that's a big part of it.
I used to do that a lot, in fact. It's a real destructive way of thinking.

My teenage self is a stranger to me now. I look back and laugh at everything. Whatever it is.

He, however, decided dissociating was right for him. That and college, and having lost an interest in Pokemon. It's just as well.

Offline arcanines

• rachel
  • Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2013, 04:12 »
the main reason why i was apprehensive to come back was because one of my friends (not going to say who, though he was very popular here) trolled the site on an account, and the mods thought it was me, saying it was my "last chance". i think this was back in '09/'10?

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 31, 2013, 04:24 »
^ It was 2009. Don't ask me how I know. :)

If you know enough about the situation now, you should post it in the PKMN.NET History Project. The place is a bit barren now, and reading it and all, it was interesting. It really caught my interest and it sounded epic, making me wish I had been there the time these events took place.
I am your master.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2013, 04:26 »
turner i dont know what you're talking about i still hate rex
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:14 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2013, 04:33 »
The comics. I miss the comics. Utack and Swampy, Dana, and Skyler and Blazer did a wonderful job on them. I requested to be in SaB's comic, but he doesn't make it anymore. Second to Role Play, comics were the most entertaining. I haven't tried PLC. It's scary how much I'd have to do to get around there.
I am your master.

Offline arcanines

• rachel
  • Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2013, 04:38 »
does anyone remember a guy named regiking? big regice fan?

he was my first friend on this site omg the memories

i have no idea how i found him since i didn't even frequent the forums at the time, but we would send each other PMs every day and me being 10 years old i was just so ~amazed~ at how i was actually talking to someone in another country!!

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2013, 04:44 »
^ Registered 2003, has 0 posts, and showed no location on his profile.

Personal text: "I'm a llama!"

am i rite? :yeswink:
I am your master.

Offline arcanines

• rachel
  • Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2013, 04:45 »
i remember the "I'm a llama!" default personal text omg memories

but omg yes you are right
i don't know how we found each other if he didn't make any posts on the forum either

Offline NTN

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 31, 2013, 06:39 »
^ Maybe you met when he posted on Forum Games? The posts you make on Forum Games don't count, so they're not a part of the post count.
I am your master.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #280 on: July 31, 2013, 07:03 »
Forum games wasn't a thing until like 2006 or something

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #281 on: July 31, 2013, 11:02 »
Aaaaaah it's so weird... Everyone has changed so much, but we do all kind of look back on our mistakes and go 'wtf lol we were such n00bs'. It's really kind of refreshing that everyone can go 'we were such screwups once' and not bear any grudges for it... Is it sad that I relate to that more with you guys than with most of my old schoolfriends?

Also I remember there being jokes on April Fools day, but I can't think for the life of me what they were. Does anyone remember?

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2013, 15:17 »
One of them was the admins screwing around with the filters and more or less changing every common word to something weirder.  I remember someone deleted their account cause they thought they were getting hacked.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:00 by Lord Raven »

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2013, 16:16 »

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2013, 22:35 »
Forum games wasn't a thing until like 2006 or something

Could well be Role Play which, I believe, didn't gain towards a post count.

I think a big reason as to why people go and stay gone is because they're embarrassed to come back. I've seen way too many people 'return' to PKMN.NET saying stuff like "omg everyone hated me I was so awful hopefully you've all forgiven me now" and they kind of awkwardly try to post but you can tell they're still apprehensive because of some drama that went down in 2007 or something.

I think it's safe to say that pretty much everything is water under the bridge at this point, most people join PKMN.NET when they are young and thus act kind of ridiculous and get caught up in some kind of drama. I think everyone should just forget about it and turn over a new leaf.

It isn't so much about turning over leaves and forgetting the past, a LOT of people who were active around that time have simply grown up and discovered how much time living actually takes up. Certainly with the age group a lot of us were at, College and University were the next stops to which a lot of people find their time diminishes. Once that happens, people move on and it's forgotten about. I certainly have tripped my forums and websites down to just a main few these days which I have just enough free time to participate in.

Some people will always hold a grudge like.. both ways that is; to people on here, and that they think it's returned..

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again