Author Topic: Breeding Questions  (Read 1517 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Zubatman

• Un Macho y Caballero
  • Psythor Fan
  • Zubats are not to be taken lightly.
    • View Profile
Breeding Questions
« on: September 29, 2013, 23:02 »
Breeding is something I'm not really acquainted with, therefore I have a few questions.

-When I Leave the two Pokémon together (EX: Hitmonlee and a Ditto), for them to successfully breed, do their natures matter? For example: does a "jolly" Ditto only mate with a "jolly" Hitmonlee?

My final question is...

-Do certain natures speed up the process of breeding? For example: Do Hasty Pokémon breed faster than Quiet Pokémon?

(The only reason Why I put it under the "Black and White" Forum is because, well, I'm breeding the Pokémon in Pokémon Black.)

Your answers are much appreciated, and as always Thank You.
"All men do not know when to stop, but Macho men know their limits and push them further, like a taco you know you've overstuffed."
                               -Uncle Jorge

Offline lugia95

• Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Chloe for the awesome avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Breeding Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 23:03 »
Well, the answers to both those questions are very simple, in that they're both the same - no.

quack98

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 23:05 »
To elaborate, natures don't effect breeding in anyway, other than they can effect the nature of the bred pokemon. For example, if a parent holds an everyone, the child will have their nature.

Offline querymedunkin

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 14:50 »
Breeding is something I'm not really acquainted with, therefore I have a few questions.

-When I Leave the two Pokémon together (EX: Hitmonlee and a Ditto), for them to successfully breed, do their natures matter? For example: does a "jolly" Ditto only mate with a "jolly" Hitmonlee?

My final question is...

-Do certain natures speed up the process of breeding? For example: Do Hasty Pokémon breed faster than Quiet Pokémon?

(The only reason Why I put it under the "Black and White" Forum is because, well, I'm breeding the Pokémon in Pokémon Black.)

Your answers are much appreciated, and as always Thank You.

As long as the two Pokemon that you are trying to breed are both in the same egg group they will breed. As far as I know natures are only important if you're trying to get the offspring to inherit it. Different species and ID number are also factors that can lower your chances of finding an egg, but as long as they're in the same egg group they should breed eventually. Oh, and they have to be male and female, to state the obvious. I don't believe natures have that kind of effect in breeding.

Did that help? 

Offline Zubatman

• Un Macho y Caballero
  • Psythor Fan
  • Zubats are not to be taken lightly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 23:48 »
As long as the two Pokemon that you are trying to breed are both in the same egg group they will breed. As far as I know natures are only important if you're trying to get the offspring to inherit it. Different species and ID number are also factors that can lower your chances of finding an egg, but as long as they're in the same egg group they should breed eventually. Oh, and they have to be male and female, to state the obvious. I don't believe natures have that kind of effect in breeding.

Did that help?

It sure did, Thanks a lot! =D
"All men do not know when to stop, but Macho men know their limits and push them further, like a taco you know you've overstuffed."
                               -Uncle Jorge