Author Topic: Mega Gallade OU RMT  (Read 722 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Mega Gallade OU RMT
« on: April 10, 2016, 15:51 »
So I was thinking the other night. Mega Gallade really doesn't get many uses in OU, even if it is good. So I built a team (with help from some showdown friends) with mega gallade with some ways to beat mega sableye, because let's face it, stall is a nightmare if you can't beat some of what it runs.

Disclaimer: These sprites are not mine and credit should go to whom it so properly belongs.

Gallade @ Galladite 
Ability: Justified 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Swords Dance 
- Knock Off 
- Close Combat 
- Zen Headbutt 

Your typical white caped hero set. Pretty much a win con if it can set up safely. Thunder Wave support helps quite a bit. Not much to say since the uses are obvious.

Bisharp @ Assault Vest 
Ability: Defiant 
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Pursuit 
- Knock Off 
- Sucker Punch 
- Iron Head 

Bisharp and Mega Gallade for a good core together. I went Assault Vest and Pursuit in order to trap the Lati Twins. Life Orb may give it more power, but I would rather it do its job better, which means Assault Vest is the way to go.

Clefable @ Leftovers 
Ability: Magic Guard 
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD 
Calm Nature 
- Stealth Rock 
- Moonblast 
- Soft-Boiled 
- Thunder Wave 

Who wants to get completely shut down by Mega Sableye honestly? Basically set up SR when Sable isn't breathing down your neck and provide some support with T-Wave as needed. Also can come in on things like Kyruem-B, which also helps out.

Latias @ Life Orb 
Ability: Levitate 
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Defog 
- Roost 
- Draco Meteor 
- Psyshock 

Defog support. Plus it can break down other mons that give the team trouble with DM and Psyshock. Roost gives it staying power. Bad thing is that it gets completely stopped by Bisharp (which I also happen to have).

Serperior @ Life Orb 
Ability: Contrary 
Shiny: Yes 
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Substitute 
- Leech Seed 
- Hidden Power [Fire] 
- Leaf Storm 

So this is where we went a little off the beaten path. Sure Serperior is common enough in OU all out attacking set. However, sub seed has its uses and while it misses a few moves for coverage and utility, this variant of Serperior can punish mons in a different way by substituting off a read and simply doing as it wishes. Needs to watch for sound moves and Things like Mega Heracross. Gives my team a way to deal with Rotom-Wash and other bulky waters.

Manaphy @ Leftovers 
Ability: Hydration 
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Tail Glow 
- Rain Dance 
- Psychic 
- Scald 

And this is where the team is rounded out. Manaphy is a vicious stallbreaker that when left unchecked can deal massive damage to the other team. Scald can be replaced with Surf or Hydro Pump, but the burn support can help out if it doesn't outright win. Rain Dance keeps it healthy and Tail Glow gives it access to a terrifying level of power.

This is just a first build of the team. Feel free to insert your opinion as long as you will be respectful about it.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN