Author Topic: Weird Pokedex Entries  (Read 4213 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
Weird Pokedex Entries
« on: October 26, 2013, 14:24 »
For all 700+ Pokemon we have in the games now, there are many with some bizarre, nonsensical or downright creepy entries in the Pokedex.

Spoink

"Spoink bounces around on its tail. The shock of its bouncing makes its heart pump. As a result, this Pokémon cannot afford to stop bouncing – if it stops, its heart will stop."

This... Is bizarre. When it stops bouncing, it basically DIES. What's scarier is when you knock out this Pokemon and it "faints", since it stops moving... Does it's life end instead?

Lampent

"This ominous Pokémon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for the spirits of the fallen. It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body."

...Yikes. When someone dies, this guy waltzes in and steals the spirit away from the deceased. First time I evolved my Litwick in BW and saw this, I did not want to turn the light off at night.

Gengar

"Sometimes, on a dark night, your shadow thrown by a streetlight will suddenly and startlingly overtake you. It is actually a Gengar running past you, pretending to be your shadow. To steal the life of its target, it slips into the prey’s shadow and silently waits for an opportunity. On the night of the full moon, if shadows move on their own and laugh, it must be Gengar’s doing."

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY NOT CALL THIS CREEPY? At night, when it is dark and the street is lit only by a few street lamps, your shadow is cast on the wall. Does it look a bit chubbier than usual? Does it look slightly more round? Its a Gengar. Run.

Duskull

"Duskull can pass through any wall no matter how thick it may be. Once this Pokémon chooses a target, it will doggedly pursue the intended victim until the break of dawn. If it finds bad children who won’t listen to their parents, it will spirit them away–or so it’s said. It loves the crying of children."

WHAT. JUST WHAT. This is like the Pokemon version of Karma. A bad child is punished horribly and spirited away to an unknown dimension.

And of course... "It loves the crying of children". Eek.

Drifloon

"It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing."

...WHAT THE &%$#? It poses as a balloon to kidnap children? This is beginning to get VERY dark now.

Shedinja

"Shedinja’s hard body doesn’t move – not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back."

I think the weirdest part of this is that when you send it out into battle...

...You are peering into the hollow shell of it's back. This could explain why I black out. Whoops?

Cubone

"It pines for the mother it will never see again. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull it wears are from its tears. It wears its mother’s skull, never revealing its true face."

...Wow. This isn't creepy, this is just... Sad, really. IT WEARS WHAT FORMERLY COVERED IT'S MOTHERS CRANIUM GUTS FOR ARCEUS' SAKE. GAH.

Banette

Aw, look how cute it is. Surely it can't be that ba -

"Banette generates energy for laying strong curses by sticking pins into its own body. This Pokémon was originally a pitiful plush doll that was thrown away. It seeks the child that disowned it."

...Imjustgoingtorunawayveryquicklynowbye.

And to cap off this list...

Yamask

"These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life. Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."

...*releases Yamask back into the wild*

Do you have any more creepy Pokedex entries? Share them below!

Needs more Gengar

Offline vegparcriddle

• Pokemon Fan
  • wanna hear a riddle?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Pokedex Entries
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 13:51 »
Ryperitor The rydon evo shoots geodude from its palm wicth is creepy to me

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 22:07 »
There's the one about how Igglybuff rubbing against each other will cause them to keep rubbing together forever (I think it was Crystal). I mean if they just can't stop doing this once they brush each other, would they starve? And not quite an entry but how about the weird upside down Koffing sprite the original Red and Blue games had? It only was like that in those two games! Other weird entries are the one about Claydol coming to life from a light beam, Mew being discovered AFTER Mewtwo even though Mewtwo was cloned from the latter, Raticate being able to swim long distances even though it doesn't learn Surf, the whole detailed description of how a Heatmor eats a Durant, the one stating Corphish were originally pets that got loose (so it wasn't a Pokemon to begin with?), and then there were the ones that said Lumineon and Lanturn competing with each other for food evem though they've never been in the same regional Pokedex together.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Mr. Apple

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 22:10 »
dusknoirs d/p is... the antenna on its head captures radio waves from the world of spirits that command it to take people there.

so dusknoir is the one that sends you to heaven/hell? okay then...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 22:15 by king apple »

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 00:08 »
Hypno's Fire Red Pokedex entry: It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized.

Kidnapping children seems to be a running thing with Pokedex entries.

Phantump's Y Pokedax entry: According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest.

At least X only says they're spirits possessing tree stumps.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 00:48 »
Mawile was spelled as "Mawhile" in one game. It was either Ruby or Sapphire. I forget which one. Anyway, weird Pokedex entries card wise include the boy who woke up one day as a Kadabra, and Hypno waiting by less traveled roads near schools or something like that.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 11:51 »
Sometimes I wonder how accurate these pokédex entries really are

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 12:09 »
Wasn't there a Pokedex entry that stated Slugma was as hot as the Sun?
Because if that were true, it'd be leaving some serious scorch marks.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 12:30 »
Wasn't there a Pokedex entry that stated Slugma was as hot as the Sun?
Because if that were true, it'd be leaving some serious scorch marks.

Well I don't dare use Pokemon-Amie with that thing.

Needs more Gengar

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 19:58 »
Other weird entries include Cherubi's smaller head and Basculin being said to be tasty, Purugly supposedly having another tail or two even though it clearly doesn't, Tropius somehow getting its favorite fruit to grow under its neck, claims that Diglett and Dugtrio have tails and claws which we still have no evidence of them even possessing after all these years, Burmy said to make a cloak no matter its location (which is strange in it of itself), and Trubbish being nothing more than an ordinary garbage bag that magically came to life as a result of a chemical mixture reaction.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 23:12 »

Oh Game Freak

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 00:16 »
According to the Pokedex in R/S/E, Dugtrio share one body and apparently one brain since it states they all think and do the same thing all the time.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Zubatman

• Un Macho y Caballero
  • Psythor Fan
  • Zubats are not to be taken lightly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 23:25 »
Anybody else see Vaporeon's Pokedex entry for X?

Apparently it's molecules are so similar to the ones of water that it can MELT in it. In other words, don't teach Vaporeon surf.
"All men do not know when to stop, but Macho men know their limits and push them further, like a taco you know you've overstuffed."
                               -Uncle Jorge

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 00:30 »
Sapphire   If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, CACTURNE will follow in a ragtag group. The POKéMON are biding their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving.

What do these Cacturne do to the traveler when he becomes incapable of moving??!! o_o

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 13:32 »
I'm sorry, are we ignoring the part where Oak blew up golem and cut off raticate's whiskers for science?